10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote:If I have made a mistake with regards to theatrical scripts, I do not fully understand it yet. Please if you would be so kind to help and provide a reference so I can learn more; the rules and conventions of theatrical scripts.
Like if that was the important point of the whole discussion...... :roll:

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Giorgio wrote:Yes, and the holy spirit will descend upon Rossi and rise him to new messiah status.

You have some serious issues Axil.
All relative my friend; you probably do not take seriously the implications of non-collapse of wave function so, the relativity of state is not exactly an implication you may perceive...

icarus

Post by icarus »

stefanbanev wrote:
Giorgio wrote:Yes, and the holy spirit will descend upon Rossi and rise him to new messiah status.

You have some serious issues Axil.
All relative my friend; you probably do not take seriously the implications of non-collapse of wave function so, the relativity of state is not exactly an implication you may perceive...
I agree. This may the root of the myriad of problems thrown up when confronting someone who has not really grasped the implications of matter behaving as waves.

A course in wave mechanics is a good first starter (NB: Giorgio) before embarking on quantum mechanics studies, which is in essence a wave mechanical theory with its peculiar intrinsic dynamical limiting constraints, as well as the usual boundary condition dependency of wave equation solutions.

Edit: Reference "Waves in Fluids" James Lighthill, is a good place to begin Giorgio. :)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

icarus wrote:I agree. This may the root of the myriad of problems thrown up when confronting someone who has not really grasped the implications of matter behaving as waves.

A course in wave mechanics is a good first starter (NB: Giorgio) before embarking on quantum mechanics studies, which is in essence a wave mechanical theory with its peculiar intrinsic dynamical limiting constraints, as well as the usual boundary condition dependency of wave equation solutions.

Edit: Reference "Waves in Fluids" James Lighthill, is a good place to begin Giorgio. :)
Funny, I do not remember of seeing anyone of you "experts" hanging around when I discussed in length and details (some months ago) about the issues and the logic of collapse/non-collapse of a wave function at boundary conditions.

You might want to revise the thread, is a good place to start if you are new to this stuff:
viewtopic.php?t=2137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Oh, isn't that you at the end of the page that is getting all excited because Milo Wolff is proposing a nonsense model of an "Atom as EM standing waves, BEC as a single standing wave" with an even more meaningless "mathematical proof" that the electron is a spherical electromagnetic standing wave?

Looks like I am not the only the one that is needing a good starter book on quantum mechanics. Want to order it together? :)

vivoaca

to laugh or to cry

Post by vivoaca »

Oops, daren't post here. But hey, you're dead a long, long time.

Ha! Thanks so very much to Axil, Giorgio, Joseph Chikva and also very much to others for such an entertaining thread. Often I laugh, though not always.

I'm embarrassed to say that I remain both deeply hopeful and yet rationally underwhelmed by the Andrea Rossi story. If it's real, it is a game-changer. Note lack of exclusivity. On the other hand, if not real, it's so profoundly cruel to so very many people of goodwill... Is there a God?

And the psychiatric aspect of so widely sharing a delusion of such exquisite and honest appeal... Amazing. Surely what we have seen would later be classified as A.R. Personality Disorder and the internet would be implicated amongst its diagnostic criteria. Make room, DSM V. Is our world really so sick and sad and tainted? O, dear!

Enough of tripe. What I really wanted to reveal is "Hey, you know who is Rossi's new customer for the 1MW power plant?" Youuuu guessed it, U.S. Navy!

Giorgio

Re: to laugh or to cry

Post by Giorgio »

vivoaca wrote:Enough of tripe. What I really wanted to reveal is "Hey, you know who is Rossi's new customer for the 1MW power plant?" Youuuu guessed it, U.S. Navy!
Is this yet another sourceless info or you do have an actual source for it?

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

vivoaca wrote:Oops, daren't post here. But hey, you're dead a long, long time.
I am still alive yet.
And your attitude is the healthiest: to relax and enjoy by watching the process going independently of us.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Giorgio wrote:
vivoaca wrote:Enough of tripe. What I really wanted to reveal is "Hey, you know who is Rossi's new customer for the 1MW power plant?" Youuuu guessed it, U.S. Navy!
Is this yet another sourceless info or you do have an actual source for it?
Anyone? A confirmation, a contradiction?

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Ladajo's been holding out on us! :P

Any guesses as to the state of Schrödinger's E-Cat come Friday? I haven't taken Rossi to task lately mainly because he's consistently said that he would hold his demonstration to end all demonstrations in late October, and I'm willing to accept that. That said, I'm not a big fan of demonstrations, and I don't hold out much hope that this one will be any more conclusive than were his previous demonstrations. I'm more interested in his plans for commercialization. At some point money has to exchange hands, or Rossi fades back into obscurity like so many "inventors" before him. There must be some people out there willing to buy an E-Cat just to see if the thing actually works long term without Rossi's hand on the controls. Also, I believe Rossi promised us a theory. I'm not terribly hopeful about it, but I'm holding him to it.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Rossi’s customer

Post by Axil »

There has been a rumor floated that the US Navy is Rossi’s customer in this week’s upcoming E-Cat trial. This rumor is entirely believable.

With the fragmentary background that Rossi has let slip during the last year regarding US government knowledge and participation in the development of the E-Cat, the US Navy would be the obvious US government point organization and primary customer for the E-Cat.

First off, it would be extremely difficult for any one commercial company to bring the E-Cat to market. it would take many years or decades to safely commercialize the E-Cat and loads of up upfront money.

The Greeks are out of their heads if they think that people would put a nuclear reactor in their basements or that the IAEA would allow it.

Next, the megawatt size reactor format is the right power level for utilization of Ni power by the military. From way back, Rossi has targeted his design and development toward this large size reactor power format. It is perfectly reasonable that this design emphasis was inspired by the needs of the US Military.

Furthermore, if the E-Cat showed any indications of working in those early government trials and demos which we suspect were conducted, the Navy would be aware of them, and made it their business to closely monitor the progress of Rossi’s R&D. The US government monitors of Rossi’s development would have encouraged the emphasis of the megawatt size format.

The US Navy will do a good job at protecting the design of the E-Cat from international competition both commercial and military since this technology would be critical and decisive to national defense. A private company would never be permitted to broadcast this critical military technology around the world nor would a company have the financial resourses to develop a home safe nuclear product.

The Navy is not concerned about the product safety of the E-Cat reactor. Military personnel endure a high level of on-the-job risk and the E-Cat though dangerous in itself would tend to lower the overall risk load the war fighter would be exposed to on the battle field.

The E-Cat would lower and eventually eliminate the need for fossil fuel in military operations and mitigate the risk of oil embargo from war operations.

When all the threads of what we know about the history of E-Cat development are tied together in the framework of US Navy sponsorship and support, the whole ball of yarn makes sense.

But the US military will have a hard time keeping Rossi’s mouth shut. It will be interesting and amusing to see how the various forces of secrecy in the government and the flapping lips of Rossi work themselves out.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

I would not be surprised if the US Navy were the customer. I think that makes sense.

Rossi also said they do not wish to be identified. We know that the Navy and NASA have had some level of contact with Rossi already. And there have been representatives from China there also at some tests.

From the Navy's point of view, even if it is not too likely anything to Rossi's 1MW plant, it makes sense to just buy the thing since there have been reports of success with the E-Cat (murky and flawed that they are).

Pay Rossi a couple million bucks and you can buy the plant and test it yourself. If it doesn't work, it is a drop in the bucket. More of an insurance policy it seems on the off chance that E-Cat technology is real. There is probably a refund clause too, so your financial risk is low.

It would be an embarrassment if China bought exclusive rights to the thing for themselves, not to even get into the economic and security implications. Imagine losing out on world changing technology for a couple million dollars?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

We know that the Navy and NASA have had some level of contact with Rossi already.
We know that from where exactly?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Officially there's no contact, unofficially a person or two may or may not have gone to watch the spectacle.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Skipjack wrote:
We know that the Navy and NASA have had some level of contact with Rossi already.
We know that from where exactly?
OK, I should not have said "we know," I should have said "I recall." Going from memory, this is the gist of it. You can have fun Googling if you want more.

Krivit reported that some NASA people went to visit Rossi and experienced a failed test. Rossie also had some comments about that in his blog. Naturally, he was yelling at Krivit in the post, but the disagreement wasn't about whether NASA was there or not.

As for the US Navy, one of Rossi's posts had mentioned representatives from the US Navy (as well as from China).

seedload

Post by seedload »

The US Navy would not be picking up a new contract mid-year for a technology that is being developed regardless of whether they are the customer or not.

Rossi doesn't need to add credibility to his claims. He has a throng of loyal devotees to do it for him.

Most likely, there is no customer.

/me prepares for the semantic discussion regarding the correct usage of the word "likely".