10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Carl White wrote:If I remember correctly, Rossi stated that most of the nickel could be recovered and reused. So, perhaps it would be best to hold off buying those futures.
Mr. White, if certain reaction is exothermic and releases some energy and some products, recovery process of those products to initial needs the same quantity of energy. If not taking into consideration efficiency of conversion that by definition is lower than 1 (100%). This follows from Energy Conservation Law.
Rossi lies very primitively. When he said that his device spends 10 kg of Ni and 18 kg of H2. This corresponds to reaction between 1 Ni nucleus with 105 protons. I do not know such type of reaction. You do?
I didn't mean "recover" in the sense of taking the product of the reaction (whatever that is) and returning it to its original state. I meant that a major portion of the "fuel" is not consumed during the operation of the device. So it is available to be separated from the "ash" and reused.

A poor analogy would be burning only 10% of a log of wood, then scraping off the charred portion. The remaining 90% could be put back into the fire. The effort involved in scraping off the charred wood is less than the energy produced by its burning.

In the 1MW example, then, 1 kg of nickel would be "burned" and 9 kg could be separated to be reused.

The implication is that the process wouldn't use as much nickel as icarus calculated, perhaps by an order of magnitude.

Taken from http://ecatguide.com/news/36-e-cat-ques ... drea-rossi
Mats Johnson: How much nickel an copper are in the charge after a half year?

Rossi: 90% of the residua can be used as fuel, so it’s recyclable. The 10% remaining is returned to the supplier as scrap.

L.Eliasson: Can an utilized charge be treated and reused?

Rossi: yes, 90% of the remaining charge can be used as fuel.
Last edited by Carl White on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

If I understand correctly with my bad English you told about inexpediency of buying of Nickel futures. From this I thought that by your opinion the fuel should not be spent at all.
If I remember correctly, Rossi stated that most of the nickel could be recovered and reused. So, perhaps it would be best to hold off buying those futures.

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:
seedload wrote: Having re-staked my BS claim, I now wander back off into lurker land.
Yup, your claims are BS. :D

You do seem to have a penchant for mis-reading stuff.
You do seem to have a penchant for insulting me every time I insult Rossi. Sad, really.

Maui

Post by Maui »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
icarus wrote:That's pretty arrogant, you think you know all the "Laws of Nature" do you?
At least the Energy Conservation Law. That is very basic for your note.
Yet I think icraus's point is that we don't really "know" most what we know (at least for certain). How many times has science been turned on its head because it turned out something we "knew" was wrong?

Even the conservation of energy is a postulate. We can't really prove it, it's just assumed to be true.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Maui wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:
icarus wrote:That's pretty arrogant, you think you know all the "Laws of Nature" do you?
At least the Energy Conservation Law. That is very basic for your note.
Yet I think icraus's point is that we don't really "know" most what we know (at least for certain). How many times has science been turned on its head because it turned out something we "knew" was wrong?

Even the conservation of energy is a postulate. We can't really prove it, it's just assumed to be true.
Icarus's point of us not knowing everything is a cop-out argument used by the weak minded when backed into a corner. I'm not saying he is weak minded, but the argument itself is invalid. Maybe if we spent more time on trying to understand what we do not know instead of pointing out that we do not know everything, then we'd be in a better place.

As for the Mack Truck analogy, yeah Rossi made a truck body, put it at the top of a hill and said "it works as long as I put it on top of the hill," that's about the equivalent of what we're given.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Maui wrote:Even the conservation of energy is a postulate. We can't really prove it, it's just assumed to be true.
Thanks, I respect your statement. Good luck.

icarus

Post by icarus »

The fact of the matter is we have no idea what the 10 kg Ni and 18kg H2 relate to in terms of how the process operates.

It could be as simple as when you charge the pipes of the thing you need X gms of H2 and when you do a refill it is easiest to vent that H2 to atmosphere and it becomes unrecoverable. It probably has very little relation to physical laws of the universe but practicalities involved with operating the device. And similarly for the Nickel use/recovery.

The Mach Truck is in reference to the 1 MW machine ... are you going to argue with that if it proves to work?

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

icarus wrote: The Mach Truck is in reference to the 1 MW machine ... are you going to argue with that if it proves to work?
1MW device makes no sense.

If you want to prove the e-cat is real, it is much easier to do it measuring smaller units.

"1MW device" has no practical use, it is something that will eat hunderds of KW of electricity and produce some steam. I Rossi failed to to correctly demonstrate KW device, then, well, good luck with MW range...

icarus

Post by icarus »

Luzr wrote:
icarus wrote: The Mach Truck is in reference to the 1 MW machine ... are you going to argue with that if it proves to work?
1MW device makes no sense.

If you want to prove the e-cat is real, it is much easier to do it measuring smaller units.

"1MW device" has no practical use, it is something that will eat hunderds of KW of electricity and produce some steam. I Rossi failed to to correctly demonstrate KW device, then, well, good luck with MW range...
Not sure how much you know about industry but I'm pretty certain there are potentially 100's of thousands of customers who would buy exceptionally cheap steam by the 1 MW unit.

Edit: Similar power out to two large Mach trucks or big tractors. The semi-truck and shipping container is the global standard for industrial unit scale.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Rossi is ready for battle.

http://www.ecatnews.net/

... this is great viewing, train wreck or revolution something is going to happen.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

icarus wrote:Rossi is ready for battle.

http://www.ecatnews.net/

... this is great viewing, train wreck or revolution something is going to happen.
I'm going with option #3 or 4, something unfortunate happens (equipment break down) or customers consultants are idiots remark. Can't wait!

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Good luck to Rossi.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

seedload wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
seedload wrote: Having re-staked my BS claim, I now wander back off into lurker land.
Yup, your claims are BS. :D

You do seem to have a penchant for mis-reading stuff.
You do seem to have a penchant for insulting me every time I insult Rossi. Sad, really.
So why insult him?

Helius

Good lucks all around.

Post by Helius »

JoeP wrote:Good luck to Rossi.
Good luck to Uri Geller and Kreskin too. :roll: Lets wish Mills (blacklight power) luck too.

Wasn't blacklight power *the exact scenario* we're running through with Rossi now again, except Rossi is a decade behind Mills? Yogi Berra would point out " This is deja vu all over again!".

icarus

Post by icarus »

More grist for the mill ... proton tunnelling in a lattice

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 6005008458