10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Re: Sale Made per peswiki tweet

Post by MSimon »

Rick Meisinger wrote:
MSimon wrote:
Rick Meisinger wrote:Sale made per PESnetwork tweet:

PESNetwork PES Network, Inc.
Q&A just finished; reading of results; 470 kW maintained continuously during self-sustain; customer satisfied; sale made; more later.
Is the customer going to get a 50% discount for half power?
It's a little early to start talking numbers. The customer is likely aware that the performance numbers would look better over a longer sustained test and AR's device must have met their predetermined parameters.
And if the "customer" is a confederate? I has happened before.

==================

Dude 50% is a very serious hit on profitability. Even for a nickel burner.

But things will be better later. To be sure.

Why does this remind me of the EEstor saga?

I guess lab results are no longer enough to get investors (I mean suckers) you now have to have a factory.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Remember EEstor? They had a factory. They had a customer. They had "proof" from a reputable lab.

We are still waiting for deliveries.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Axil
Anyone can be wrong; we all should honor that in humility.
I agree with what you wrote. The difference between that and what many of the naysayers wrote was that they insufferably rude and arrogant about their certainties.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Simon
Sure, running in self sustain mode makes no difference. You seem to forget this is a model T and will do better in the future.

It is truly strange how negatively the news of success has been greeted here. The start of the second industrial revolution and this is all you can say?

Remember the bet you made with me?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

parallel wrote:Axil
Anyone can be wrong; we all should honor that in humility.
I agree with what you wrote. The difference between that and what many of the naysayers wrote was that they insufferably rude and arrogant about their certainties.
You don't like dealing with engineers?

I have met very few good engineers who are not insufferable and rude about their engineering opinions. With good reason. They are rarely in error.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Simon,
I am an engineer. I know how engineers speak. Those I'm referring to were either academics or pseudo scientist twits. Certainly not like engineers I know.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

parallel wrote:Simon
Sure, running in self sustain mode makes no difference. You seem to forget this is a model T and will do better in the future.

It is truly strange how negatively the news of success has been greeted here. The start of the second industrial revolution and this is all you can say?

They claim they are self sustaining. I'd like some independent verification.

Here is my opinion. In six months to a year this will all die down and it will fondly be remembered as another EEStor. That was some fun. And evidently there are still a few believers remaining. Faith. It can move mountains. Of words.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

parallel wrote:Simon

You are getting a little carried away, parallel. For an engineer to consider this a success without serious and repeatable data, even without a working theory is a mistake.

It is way to early to proclaim the start of "the second industrial revolution."

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote: Whew! I thought I was going to have to re-learn everything! You are welcome. :)
Sorry again about that :)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Parallel,

I knew an absolutely brilliant computer engineer in the late 60s. He was a believer in UFOs and visitors from other planets. His faith in LGM could not be shaken.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:So yeah, if he really is a fraud, the he deserves all the money he is getting out of it for being that good!
So hats off to Rossi, one way or the other!
You might have a good point there.
I am still 90% for the self delusional thought, but let's see the data and the experimental setup.
If it didn't explode and nothing was changed from the setup he showed before than I will be 100% for self delusional and bad power measurements.

Rick Meisinger

Post by Rick Meisinger »

MSimon wrote:
Rick Meisinger wrote:
MSimon wrote: Is the customer going to get a 50% discount for half power?
It's a little early to start talking numbers. The customer is likely aware that the performance numbers would look better over a longer sustained test and AR's device must have met their predetermined parameters.

==================

I guess lab results are no longer enough to get investors (I mean suckers) you now have to have a factory.
If 470kW output with no input power is verified; this amount of output alone is revolutionary. But I kind of doubt we are going to get the data we are hoping for to verify this number anyway. AR's plan seems to be multiple sales/happy customers instead of pier review.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Rick Meisinger wrote:
MSimon wrote:
Rick Meisinger wrote: It's a little early to start talking numbers. The customer is likely aware that the performance numbers would look better over a longer sustained test and AR's device must have met their predetermined parameters.

==================

If 470kW output with no input power is verified; this amount of output alone is revolutionary. But I kind of doubt we are going to get the data we are hoping for to verify this number anyway. AR's plan seems to be multiple sales/happy customers instead of pier review.
That is his stated plan. It isn't really a bad plan either if what he has actually works to some extent.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:Remember EEstor? They had a factory. They had a customer. They had "proof" from a reputable lab.

We are still waiting for deliveries.
It's not their fault, is just that the factory producing the secret unobtanium needed for their batteries was raided and burned to ground by a horde of angry skeptics engineers.
Their business model is still extremely valid, they just need to find another suppliers for the unobtanium.....

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Rick Meisinger wrote:AR's plan seems to be multiple sales/happy customers instead of pier review.
It's true, an happy customer is worth 100 times more than a peer review.
So I suggest we give the customer the chance to connect to his factory the 1MW reactor and after one month, when he will get the electricity bill, we will see if he is still going to be happy or not and we will have our final reply.

That is unless some real data will be released this time....