10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:
D Tibbets wrote: What is the difference between purifying and removing contaminates? Natural abundance of 62Ni is about 4% of all nickel. I doubt purifying it to 50% would effect the (real) radiation problem much. But, even that level of purification is difficult, and expensive. And what of the isotopic analysis that someone did?
Actually the difference is enormous. It is the distinction between having to select one minor isotope out of the middle of several around it versus taking the upper end of a smear of many where 58Ni is at the very bottom end.
I have come to realized that the probability of Rossi being legitimate is inversely proportional to the number of Konjectures created to explain his BS.

Your knee deep in Konjectures.

Multiply enough "it-could-be-that" speculations/excuses together and you get zero.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I also thought this is interesting previously from an interview with Stremenos,
Anyhow, this is very important, because I observed it and then told Sergio. If we degassed (nickel powder, at this point) at an extremely low pressure, i.e.. 10-6, which is one-millionth of atmospheric pressure, for one week at a temperature of 500° [Celsius], so that all the oxides on the surface of the micro-particles of nickel were eliminated (this means all of the oxides that have formed, because we are surrounded by an oxygen atmosphere) ... well, upon charging it, it sucked up, how can I put it, an enormous quantity of hydrogen (I was using hydrogen). And the temperature, which had been 500°, began to rise considerably, and got higher and higher, over the 1000° mark. I got scared, and shut everything down [laughs], because, I said to myself, “This is going to blow up”!
The temperature went up very fast. Probably there was chemical reaction too ... specifically, hydrides were being formed, which are... I didn’t have the patience to wait until it reached a steady level, but the previous experiments which … as far as exothermic emission from nickel is concerned … this excess [of heat] went on even for six months, so it did … but it wasn’t absorbing all that much hydrogen ... so I understood that the trick was purifying the nickel as much as possible...
So, nickel powder. You spoke of degassing, taking the oxygen out...
Talking out all the gases it absorbs … plus the oxides formed on the surface of the nickel micro-particles.
And how do you do proceed to do this with nickel powder?
By heating it. Heating it up to around 500° and lowering the pressure — I was way ahead there — to 10-6 , which is to say one-millionth of an atmosphere. Anyhow, maybe even a little bit would have been enough, and of course you had to leave the specimen there for several days and then …
Professor, excuse me if I interrupt you, but what you were just telling me is very similar to what Dr. Rossi said on the 14th when he spoke about the temperature inside the “energy catalyzer” ... he said it was about 400, 500 degrees...
Yes. Now, Rossi’s great contribution was activating the system through this catalyzer … going from Watts to Kilowatts, and he’s keeping it a secret, he’s absolutely right.
The famous secret ingredient Rossi mentioned in his presentation...
It’s OK. He’s absolutely right to hold on to it, and, of course, as soon as he’s settled all the issues, patent, and so on, it will be in the public domain — at least at the scientific domain level.
And we have even more ideas which should be [developed] as far as research is concerned: how to excite the system by other, not just chemical, means, (for a catalyzer has a chemical action). Exciting the system by other chemical and physical means, improving it, making it a little more flexible, so that in the future … who knows, in a few years … it may be used for cars, jet planes, etc. In short, the road is still long.
http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/05/str ... solve.html

seedload

Post by seedload »

Now that he is taking orders for plants at info@leonardocorp1996, I would suggest that he get a phone number too. Maybe he could actually update the one on leonardocorp1996.com to go to... I don't know... say, Leonardo Corp.

He must be the only man in the world selling 1 MW Nuclear Reactors strictly by email.

regards
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

New NyTeknik video of 1MW test showing more detail of the setup:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 303682.ece

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:None of this is making sense.
But, thank goodness we did not get a 1MW stress test of his device, because I really think it was not sufficiently designed to handle the pressures, temps and flows. Someone might have gotten seriously injured or worse.
I insist, it's a pity he didn't try it. It could have been one of the best Darwin Award ever! :D

jcoady

body language

Post by jcoady »

Here are some links about looking at body language for signs of lying.

http://www.learnbodylanguage.org/body_l ... lying.html

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/185770

You can use these ideas as clues to determine for yourself if someone is lying to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3NxxyxQ0I

ScottL

Re: body language

Post by ScottL »

jcoady wrote:Here are some links about looking at body language for signs of lying.

http://www.learnbodylanguage.org/body_l ... lying.html

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/185770

You can use these ideas as clues to determine for yourself if someone is lying to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3NxxyxQ0I
Probably time to get the popcorn and watch the ensuing trouble.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Mark Gibbs at Forbes has published another E-Cat article. He does a pretty good job of examining the Real/Dilusion/Fraud options, but comes down squarely on the top of the fence.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2 ... the-e-cat/

It does appear that the E-Cat is getting more mainstream press coverage however. At this point, I think the best case for independent validation is via a UoB leak to Giorgio or perhaps from U. of Uppsala to Mats Lewen. Alternatively, Rossi might sell a unit to someone who does not need to remain a mystery and who will do some sound testing. More waiting...

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

seedload wrote: I have come to realized that the probability of Rossi being legitimate is inversely proportional to the number of Konjectures created to explain his BS.
Can you provide the data for your "probability calculation" to support your "realization"? Or did you really mean that you had come to suspect that the likelyhood...
seedload wrote:Your knee deep in Konjectures.
I didn't realize that "deep" was a verb. I fail to see how my knee can "deep", or do anything else, in konjectures. :roll:
seedload wrote: Multiply enough "it-could-be-that" speculations/excuses together and you get zero.
Unless one is zero, you can't get there, but you can approach it after a while. Multiple enough "dang near certains" together and you get near zero after a while too.

There are a number of folks on this forum who can't seem to read or think beyond their prejudices. I suspect many of them think I believe that Rossi's machine works. If they do, they are idiots.

I have steadfastly maintained a medium (but lowering) sense of likelihood that the Rossi machine is real. But I will continue to call pontificational twits on their absolutist statements about the machine based on what they call science any time that statement is NOT supported by science.

Very simple. If you maintain that "new physics" is required, be prepared to state specifically what new physics. And hone youu argument sufficiently to avoid a counter statement; or be countered. Its nothing personal, its just science.

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

seedload wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
D Tibbets wrote: What is the difference between purifying and removing contaminates? Natural abundance of 62Ni is about 4% of all nickel. I doubt purifying it to 50% would effect the (real) radiation problem much. But, even that level of purification is difficult, and expensive. And what of the isotopic analysis that someone did?
Actually the difference is enormous. It is the distinction between having to select one minor isotope out of the middle of several around it versus taking the upper end of a smear of many where 58Ni is at the very bottom end.
I have come to realized that the probability of Rossi being legitimate is inversely proportional to the number of Konjectures created to explain his BS.
seedload's conjecture ?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

They just sent to me this by e-Mail:
Andrea Rossi
October 31st, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Dear Strat: we sell the 1 MW plants at 2000Euro/kW.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Regardless of this being true or not, the good point is that by announcing that he will soon have available cash he is placing himself in a situation where he cannot avoid anymore not to pay or to further delay the UoB contract.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So he is going to sell a 1MW plant for $2 million Euro?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Yep, so he says....

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I mean, if he can convince them that the ecat works with the idiotic set up we have witnessed than I see no big deal to convince them to fork out 2M Euro for a 1 MW plant. :)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Kahuna wrote:New NyTeknik video of 1MW test showing more detail of the setup:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 303682.ece
UPDATE: David Roberson ... has made an updated analysis here, which he claims contains proof that the E-cat generated a large amount of excess energy.
The indicated flow rate of the pumps at the end of the report should be 350 kg/hour, not 750 kg/hour, giving a total of 700 kg/h, not 1,500 kg/h, for the two pumps.
Has not matter 350 or 700 kg/h in calculation? How reliable the data provided by them? How heat was calculated if they confuse flow twice? "Excess heat" in comparison with what? Where comparison with chemical reaction output of creation of nickel hydride? Where is evidence that there is not an air inflow into hot nickel hydride? I am saying once again all this is promotional fuss doing by amateurs. I do not know how those people took diplomas of engineers or PhD. If they really have those.