US Condemns Bomb Attack on Iran Nuclear Scientist

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
And you do, not just say.
Lets see, just this past week, 5 trucks siezed in Turkey smuggling "military equipment" from Iran to Syria.

Or how about the shipment of Gold and Cash being smuggled in a truck driven by the son of A senior Revolutionary Guard officer to Lebanon via Turkey in 2009.

Or how about an arms shipment being flown from Iran by airplane being forced to land and siezed in Turkey while enroute to guess where?
Oh, and not to mention flights that were turned around in Turkish Airspace.

Should we also talk about ships from Iran with smuggled arms cargoes going to Palistinians?

So?

How about the $5 billion in CASH "lost" in Iraq?
How about the $2 billion/year in arms America gives to Israel?

The point you continue to miss is that Iran has not attacked another country for 100 years, while Israel has done it so many times I have lost count. Not to mention that it is occupying the rest of Palestine, ignoring the UN resolutions.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Skipjack wrote:Aslan, when has Israel called for the death of all muslims in Turkey and Iraq, or anywhere? I cant remember the Israeli leaders ever saying anything like that.
Here is Turkish light armored vehicle armed with Israeli anti-tank missile Spike LR: http://www.army-technology.com/projects ... obra5.html
They had extensive military collaboration till 2011. Collaboration was stopped by Turkey initiative and not Israel.
It can be explained that Turkey has developed some military technologies with the help of Israel but now tries to play more significant role in Muslim world in which the mood "to remove Israel from the map” is very common.
"We love Jews" - Aslan said? Funny.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:ladajo,
And you do, not just say.
Lets see, just this past week, 5 trucks siezed in Turkey smuggling "military equipment" from Iran to Syria.

Or how about the shipment of Gold and Cash being smuggled in a truck driven by the son of A senior Revolutionary Guard officer to Lebanon via Turkey in 2009.

Or how about an arms shipment being flown from Iran by airplane being forced to land and siezed in Turkey while enroute to guess where?
Oh, and not to mention flights that were turned around in Turkish Airspace.

Should we also talk about ships from Iran with smuggled arms cargoes going to Palistinians?

So?

How about the $5 billion in CASH "lost" in Iraq?
How about the $2 billion/year in arms America gives to Israel?

The point you continue to miss is that Iran has not attacked another country for 100 years, while Israel has done it so many times I have lost count. Not to mention that it is occupying the rest of Palestine, ignoring the UN resolutions.
You do know nothing around discussing problem. Talking about "$2 billion/year in arms America gives to Israel" please answer me e.g. why Israel stopped production of his indigenous fighting jet Lavi and attack jet Kfir? Are they worse than F-16?
Why they armed till now with M-4 instead of Galil?
Yes, now they continuously rearmed their forces with newly developed Tavor but many tens thousands M-16 and M-4 are in their inventory. The answer is simple - workplaces in US.
They have long-term military collaboration with US and they are conductors of US politic interests in Middle East. As well as Saudi Arabia, Kuveit, etc.

In 1973 Siria and Egipt have attacked Israel with purpose of his destruction. With the help of Soviet Union. Many tens of Soviet MiG-25 pilots received the Golden Star of Soviet Union Hero. But Israel won that war in two weeks. Now all Israeli attacks and invasions are the answer of terrorist attack or bombardment. Have you another information?

Who has Google translation or speaks Russian can read this: http://www.redstar.ru/2002/08/17_08/4_01.html
or this: http://rufor.org/showthread.php?t=2143 or this: "We prepared the war"
http://foxbatavia.narod.ru/article/mig25/mig25_1.htm or this: Soviet-Israeli War: http://www.jewish.ru/history/press/2011 ... 295151.php or this: http://www.coldwar.ru/conflicts/middle_east/1973.php
In spite of increased aggression and fighting capacity of the Arabian armies however Israelis have managed to break a course of fights.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

The point you continue to miss is that Iran has not attacked another country for 100 years
Now that is so funny, I do not know what to say!
ROTFL!!!

What rock have you been living under? Must be real nice a cozy, as well as full of faeries dancing to and fro in order for you not to ever want to come out and see the real world!

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

it is occupying the rest of Palestine, ignoring the UN resolutions.
I guess that part you miss is that according to some, the is no such thing as Israel, such that the "rest of Palistine" includes all of Israel.
What do you make of that?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
The point you continue to miss is that Iran has not attacked another country for 100 years
ROTFL!!!

What rock have you been living under? Must be real nice a cozy, as well as full of faeries dancing to and fro in order for you not to ever want to come out and see the real world!
Umm, Ladajo,
When has Iran invaded another country in the last 100 years? By that I mean, when has Iran INITIATED hostilities? They "invaded" Iraq after Iraq invaded them (80-88 War). But other than that...?

I guess that TECHNICALLY the fact that they took over the US embassy could be considered an "invasion" but let us ignore internal strife.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

Yeah, let's get our history straight.

The Arabs attacked the Israelis in 1948 as well as the two subsequent Arab-Israeli wars with the intention of preventing the creation of Israel in the first case and the intention of eradicating Israel in the second two cases.

Yes, Israel has been into Lebanon, the Gaza strip and the West Bank repeatedly, but as Joseph mentioned, this is generally initiated by terrorist style attacks on Israeli territory and is politically/ethically/morally murky. Is Israel a saint? No, but Israel has hardly "attacked another country so many times."

However, like Kiteman said, I can't really think of examples of Iran openly attacking another country in the last century either. Using proxies, especially in Syria/Lebanon to attack Israel, yes. Counter-attacking into Iraq, yes. Attacking embassies, seizing a small Royal Navy boat in the gulf and holding its occupants captive for a few months, etc., yes. But neither Iran nor Israel have generally initiated full-scale invasions of their neighbours, unlike, say, Iraq under Saddam's regime.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am still wiping tears of laughter from my eyes.

All I can say is that there seems to be widely differing thoughts on the meaning of "attack" and the concepts of hostile activities.

I am thinking to hang a sign over my desk that says, "Iran don't mess with nobody! 100 years of history says so!"
It is sure to get some laughter from my colleagues.

Parallel, you sound just like the politicians you proclaim to despise. "Iran has not attacked another country" ...giggle...Parallel WINS on Webster's Technicality! Victory is HIS!!!

giggle.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

CaptainBeowulf wrote:I can't really think of examples of Iran openly attacking another country in the last century either
Neither can I but the point is moot. It's only since Iran became a theocracy in 1979 that they've been dangerous and since that has occurred, they have proven themselves crazy and dangerous with their rhetoric. It's the threats they make that isolate them from the rest of the world.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Iran openly attacking
Key words there. Key words.
Although may argue where on the measure of openess they have fallen on occasion. I agree, they have never delivered a Formal Declaration of War Letter to the UN's doorstep. I fully agree on this point.

Here, as a history refresher, is an Iranian timeline.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14542438

Please note for any given timeline marker (keep it easy), ask yourself "What was going on around Iran, and what involvement did they have?"

Then, ask youself, "At what point do I define an activity as an 'Attack'"?

End pedantry.

pdxpyro

Post by pdxpyro »

KitemanSA wrote:
ladajo wrote:
ROTFL!!!

Umm, Ladajo,
When has Iran invaded another country in the last 100 years? By that I mean, when has Iran INITIATED hostilities? They "invaded" Iraq after Iraq invaded them (80-88 War). But other than that...?

I guess that TECHNICALLY the fact that they took over the US embassy could be considered an "invasion" but let us ignore internal strife.
Initiated hostilities? Several times against Israel through Iran's proxy Hezbollah. Several times against Iraq through its Shiite proxy there.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Here is Turkish light armored vehicle armed with Israeli anti-tank missile Spike LR: http://www.army-technology.com/projects ... obra5.html
They had extensive military collaboration till 2011. Collaboration was stopped by Turkey initiative and not Israel.
It can be explained that Turkey has developed some military technologies with the help of Israel but now tries to play more significant role in Muslim world in which the mood "to remove Israel from the map” is very common.
I am not sure what you are doing agreeing or disagreeing with me...
I was saying that Israel has never called for the death of all muslims in Turkey. I never disputed that the current Turkish PM Erdogan is a religious right moron who is trying to destroy everything that Kemal Pasha gave to Turkey.
Still no matter how crazy the Turkish leadership has been behaving lately, I have never heard the Israelis call for the death of all muslims in Turkey, have you?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Skip,
My take is that he was agreeing with you and doing so by demonstrating Turk/Israeli cooperation.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ladajo wrote:Skip,
My take is that he was agreeing with you and doing so by demonstrating Turk/Israeli cooperation.
Right

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Skipjack wrote:
I am not sure what you are doing agreeing or disagreeing with me...
I was saying that Israel has never called for the death of all muslims in Turkey. I never disputed that the current Turkish PM Erdogan is a religious right moron who is trying to destroy everything that Kemal Pasha gave to Turkey.
Still no matter how crazy the Turkish leadership has been behaving lately, I have never heard the Israelis call for the death of all muslims in Turkey, have you?
PM Erdogan is not crazy. But he simply tries to play more significant role in Muslim world. And easiest way is to break relations with Israel.