Any official news as of late July 2008?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Roger says:
building consensus is something I do well.
Have to agree there.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Post by 93143 »

ckrucks wrote:As I try to understand the process of ONR peer review I came across this document. Can anyone tell us if the review going on now is looking at both facets?
1) done right
2) right to do
I think that in this specific case, just using experts in the field would do fine. They would be perfectly capable of ascertaining whether or not (a) the methodology is sound, and (b) the results show promise. Given (b), (2) is a no-brainer. I don't think the Navy needs an investment strategist to tell them they want a clean, compact, ultra-long-duration power source capable of enabling railgun-equipped 100-knot destroyers, not to mention solving the energy crisis once and for all...
Roger wrote:...and has been at SUNY since the early 1060's
Cool. What was the general reaction there when they heard about the Norman conquest of Britain? Also... what is he on and where can I get some?

rj40

Post by rj40 »

Roger what you wrote is very interesting.
It sounds as if you are very well placed to advertise this. However, if this doesn’t pan out, couldn’t it hurt your reputation in the business?

When I first found out about this, and read everything folks were promising - literally the Moon, it really did seem like a bad screenplay for the SciFi channel (and still does to some extent). Don’t you think these folks might be rolling their eyes at you and looking at their watches after the first 15 or 20 seconds?

Roger

Post by Roger »

rj40 wrote: if this doesn’t pan out, couldn’t it hurt your reputation in the business?
Not at all.
R&D is R&D, a lot of it doesnt go anywhere. If WB-8 is a bust, blame Dr Nebel, not me........

>wink<

@ ckrucks, LOL, actually my dad helped write the Magna Carta.

@ 2edfe9, IIRC Dr Nebel said the review is underway.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

rj40,

You can bet they will. As soon as they hear anything a below-average high school physics student couldn't follow, their eyes glaze over.

But, if you don't drool too much and your hair isn't too wild, they might take the trouble to find an expert and ask if our ravings actually amount to anything. That's why peer review is so important; these guys can't distinguish between hydrino theory and a Magrid on their own.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

TallDave wrote:rj40,

You can bet they will. As soon as they hear anything a below-average high school physics student couldn't follow, their eyes glaze over.

But, if you don't drool too much and your hair isn't too wild, they might take the trouble to find an expert and ask if our ravings actually amount to anything. That's why peer review is so important; these guys can't distinguish between hydrino theory and a Magrid on their own.
Hell most of them don't even know the USSR failed given what they try to fob off on us as policy.

Take - the deficit has ballooned. They passed a $150 bn "free money" program this year. The deficit is estimated to be $390 bn. 390 - 150 = 240.

Those guys are geniuses. But of course it is all Bush's fault. Well I do blame him for going along.

And don't even get me started on our current crop of candidates. I have my preferences. I'm not too thrilled (read I am disgusted) with any of them.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

MSimon wrote:
TallDave wrote:rj40,

Hell most of them don't even know the USSR failed given what they try to fob off on us as policy.

Take - the deficit has ballooned. They passed a $150 bn "free money" program this year. The deficit is estimated to be $390 bn. 390 - 150 = 240.

Those guys are geniuses. But of course it is all Bush's fault. Well I do blame him for going along.

And don't even get me started on our current crop of candidates. I have my preferences. I'm not too thrilled (read I am disgusted) with any of them.

OOOHHHH don't get me started on the brainpower of Congress. Most of them don't understand simple economics or human nature. The only qualification for congress is the ability to gull enough people into voting for you, which makes the flim flam man the most qualified to run our government.

Of course that doesn't make the government well ran, and that is of course what we get.

It is my current opinion that our government is unfixable. Too many ideas which are destructive to good government now have too wide a following. We can only fight a gradually losing battle of self defense with it and hope some crisis eventually causes a catharsis.

David

laksindiaforfusion

Post by laksindiaforfusion »

ravingdave wrote: It is my current opinion that our government is unfixable. Too many ideas which are destructive to good government now have too wide a following. We can only fight a gradually losing battle of self defense with it and hope some crisis eventually causes a catharsis.

David
Going by my experience in India, I can safely say that catharsis for the US is a LONG LONG LONG way away :). Things are not ALL that bad out in the US.

ravingdave

Post by ravingdave »

laksindiaforfusion wrote: Going by my experience in India, I can safely say that catharsis for the US is a LONG LONG LONG way away :). Things are not ALL that bad out in the US.

Yeah, I don't see it either, which gives me dim hope for the future. Hopefully Nebel and Co. can get a spacecraft engine working well enough to get me outta here before things get really bad ! :)

David

Solo

Post by Solo »

Ahh, what *you* need is the Rapture, not a rocket engine! Come on, why not light a candle instead of cursing the darkness (pun not intended, but left anyway.)

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

Solo wrote:Ahh, what *you* need is the Rapture, not a rocket engine! Come on, why not light a candle instead of cursing the darkness (pun not intended, but left anyway.)
Ravingdave, i`d suggest that rocket any day... ( that is... unless you got yourself a reeeeal big-ass candle.)

... then you get yourself to Mars and get a nice big colony goin` and before you know it you`re fightin` Earth for independence, dumpin all them martian tea crates in the canyon!

AAaah, humanity. When will we ever learn...? :)

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

been two weeks now... :?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

zbarlici wrote:been two weeks now... :?
I'm not even getting hints from my usual sources. The drums are silent.

cuddihy

Post by cuddihy »

Here's an apocalyptic theory: War with Iran/ quasi-war with Russia is about to break out, so the government has classified Polywell and sequestered Rnebel in Cheyenne mountain with the Stargate (jk) for a final Manhatten-style project to build a fleet of SSTOs that will allow us to rule the moon....

Or...the panel is meeting as we speak and hence no word will come out until their evaluation is done per the original contract.

Or...Rick's wife said "Great, you're finished. I have a five page list of honeydos for you now" and he doesn't even have time to post a victory announcement...
Tom.Cuddihy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faith is the foundation of reason.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

that last scenario there looks like the most likely one... no matter how bright u are there`s no evading the wife :)