10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Giorgio & Helius,

It seems you have not read my comments on the previous page.

As soon as he applies for a patent on the catalyst it will become public knowledge. What happens if the patent is not granted? Read what I wrote.
I see, it didn't occur to me that your thoughts are symbiontic with the one of Rossi.
Are you close relatives or do you have a source for these claims?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:I know that the Chinese like to check out pantents, but most of the time they dont even have to do that, since we are soooo eager to build the factories right there for them!
Or they will simply wait for a product to come out, buy a sample and just copy it.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:As for it being 'recognised in other EU countries', this is fallacious. It has to be granted by each and every country, and individual dues paid. Whether they do a rubber-stamp job on it, or not, it still need a formal grant from each country.
Last time we checked they told us that by depositing it in Italy you do get from 6 to 12 months of priority to deposit it in other EU countries (if it is approved). To apply for another country you just need to deposit the related translation, you do not need to go through the patenting process again.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:Last time we checked they told us that by depositing it in Italy you do get from 6 to 12 months of priority to deposit it in other EU countries (if it is approved). To apply for another country you just need to deposit the related translation, you do not need to go through the patenting process again.
That's just the [usual] 12 month priority date from filing. The filing was -9th April 2008, so that means he had until 8th April 2009 to file the same (or very similar claims) in other countries and claim priority back to 2008. Priority date are all done with once the publication comes out. Yes, if a patent is gained in another country he will be able to claim his patent as if from 9 Apr 2008 - but only if he has already filed in whichever country he wants to enforce it, and that they also agree to grant it.

He has filed a WIPO which does, indeed, give him 'coverage' in a multiple of countries [the size of list according to how much he's paid for it]. But he will still have to see it through each and every country's procedures to get a grant (within whatever timing they set for him) for it to gain force.

Helius

Post by Helius »

parallel wrote:Seems to me Rossi is doing the right thing by keeping as much as possible...
True... If all the secrets were out, Investors would chuckle and walk away. Same is true for Yuri Geller's audiences.

It sounds like you're owning up: It's showmanship, not science.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Helius wrote:
parallel wrote:Seems to me Rossi is doing the right thing by keeping as much as possible...
True... If all the secrets were out, Investors would chuckle and walk away. Same is true for Yuri Geller's audiences.

There are no investors. Rossi is funding the R&D himself.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

NyTeknik's take on the Rossi patent:

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 173090.ece

Helius

Post by Helius »

Kahuna wrote:
Helius wrote:

There are no investors. Rossi is funding the R&D himself.
He hasn't cashed in yet either.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Kahuna,
One can safely assume that any statements made by Helius are, like Republican Jon Kyl's abortion statement, “not meant to be factual”
Apparently you can make any lying accusations you like and then claim they were “not meant to be factual” and everything is OK.

Helius writes:
his patents are now protected.
Presumably another statement not meant to be factual.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

parallel wrote:Kahuna,
One can safely assume that any statements made by Helius are, like Republican Jon Kyl's abortion statement, “not meant to be factual”
Apparently you can make any lying accusations you like and then claim they were “not meant to be factual” and everything is OK.

Helius writes:
his patents are now protected.
Presumably another statement not meant to be factual.
Beleive me, I have pretty well developed Troll Radar. Once they fully identify themselves, you can save a lot of reading time by just skipping over all their posts thereafter. I actually don't understand why they spend their precious time reading/posting to threads about what are such obvious scams. You would think they would have better things to do.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Right now the E-Cat it is simultaneously a working device—the solution to all our energy needs, maybe—and a fraud. Schrödinger's cat is still in his box, and Mr. Rossi won't let him out just yet. :P
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

FWIW, this article gets pretty detailed with speculation on how the Rossi reactor might be constructed and function (Bing Translation from Italian):

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... pot.com%2f

The illustrations are still in Italian, but you can pretty much guess at the labels.

Axil

The clump theory of plasmoid hydrogen ion emissions.

Post by Axil »

The clump theory of plasmoid hydrogen ion emissions.

The place where hydrogen ions are first gathered together could be on the heater filament of the Rossi reactor and not inside the nickel powder.

A clump of negative hydrogen ions may form on the filament of the internal heater inside the Rossi reactor vessel at the point of dielectric breakdown of hydrogen. This clump will behave very mush like an Electrum Validum (EV) plasmoid of electrons and will be compressed and packed by electrostatic and magnetic fields to high density like a collapsing cavitation bubble in the final stage of breakdown.

This sub nanometer sized (H-) ion cluster exhibits a large negative electric charge concentration; therefore a well organized and intense magnetic and electrostatic field must be present inside it. A simple model will assume the EV to be a sphere, while a more developed model will consider it to be a toroid, perpendicular to the direction the velocity of movement and stable for certain range of configuration values.

Like ball lightning, these negatively charged plasmoids will be attracted to the sharp points of the positively charged nickel powder and find their way into small atomic lattice faults where they are made coherent by tight confinement in these quantum cavities where they undergo further compression until a fusion of these hydrogen plasmoids are catalyzed.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and express my opinion that a Nobel Prize ought to be granted...to the first person (or group) who successfully replicates Rossi's device. :P

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

...and publishes the details.