Steven Krivit's Connection To WL Theory

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

tomclarke wrote:
Skipjack wrote:Nasonex, Widom Larson Theory is getting just as much skepticism from people here as Rossi does.
The difference between Rossi and Widom- Larson is that they have provided us with an actual theory that we can test! We can test any and all of their claims and that is what NASA is currently doing. They are not supporting their theory. They are merely testing and trying to verify or falsify their theory. That is science!
Rossi has not done any such thing! He has not published a theory and so we have no chance of testing what he is claiming to have observed. All we have is a series of claimed observations by him and others. We have however no way of testing them and thus can not verify or falsify them.
Do you understand that? Or am I not being clear enough for you?
The standard test, checking if LENR expt acts as high energy gamma shield, is a beautiful test of W-L. I would expect NASA to be running this with whatever they think is the most plausible metal hidride or metal deuteride system.

You can be sure if they get positive results it would be big news. But there are strong reasons to disbelieve (e.g. why does gamma shielding continue when experiment is stopped - it would be needed to deal with gammas from decay of medium H-L intermediaries necessarily created by ULM neutron absorption.
The word from those at NASA investigating WLT is "Our take is that folks are not studying this theory from a Collective Effects/ Plasmonics approach. From a particle physics standpoint does not “compute”. " So even though NASA is aware of the complaints against WLT (I made sure myself), those involved see reason to continue to investigate.

Seems we ought to stay tuned. . .
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Yes, investigate. People like nasonex and the other Rossibots dont understand the difference between "investigate" and "support" and "confirm" and "observed" and "evidence" and "proof".
I dont know, maybe it is a language barrier thing, but over the course of this drama these things have been mixed up more than once and it seriously annoys me.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Skipjack wrote:Yes, investigate. People like nasonex and the other Rossibots dont understand the difference between "investigate" and "support" and "confirm" and "observed" and "evidence" and "proof".
I dont know, maybe it is a language barrier thing, but over the course of this drama these things have been mixed up more than once and it seriously annoys me.
It is a sort of misplaced generousness.

X says he has a miracle. We can't know for sure he does not. It would be really cynical and nasty to disbelieve a miracle and after all miracles sometimes happen. Who cares that X has not actually proved a miracle, just got a few people in a darkened room to say they could not understand what they saw...

So you then have a reversal of the normal scientific method. Any wild claim is considered true until proven untrue. And with lack of transparency that disproof can be pretty diffcicult...