10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

breakaway wrote:Defkalion responds tomorrow
http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_m ... 228376.ece
Here comes the Deflakion response, claiming external obscure power inference:
During the months since January 2011, both interested parties (Andrea Rossi through EFA and Defkalion Green Technologies) have received very strong international pressure and to many degrees business traps from banks, financial partners, etc. to cancel the project.

All is evolving according the lines of a Shakespeare drama.
What's next now? :roll:

Edit: forgot to add the link to Defkalion reply:
http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article ... t+2011.pdf
Last edited by Giorgio on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Giorgio wrote:All is evolving according the lines of a Shakespeare drama.
What's next now?
In the short run, I think Rossi and/or Defkalion "have some splaining to do" about what E-Cat tech (if anything) Defkalion ever had or tested. Rossi's press release seems to say they had nothing, but Defkalion says they have been testing E-Cats for months. They even said this in the Greek press conference with Rossi sitting on the same stage. One (or both) is lying.

Some of the open questions are covered pretty well here:

http://pesn.com/2011/08/07/9501887_An_E ... Defkalion/

In the longer term, Rossi's last chance will be the U.S. "deal" he says he has with "an important firm" and the American 1MW plant demo he claims to have in process in about the same timeframe as the Greek operation.

PS: Vortex thread on the Defkalion (press release) response to Rossi's termination announcement is here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40 ... 50156.html

also

http://pesn.com/2011/08/08/9501889_Defk ... ccusation/

They sound like they are in denial and are confident that these are just growing pains, to be expected and that everything will be just fine with the project. Very strange reaction indeed.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Desperately grasping at straws here:
Rossi wrote:Not one single test, of the many demonstrations of the E-Cat technology held around the world, has ever been done in Greeceand no E-Cat has ever been brought, produced, or assembled in the territory of the Ellenic Republic
Maybe the Defkalion tests and production were done in Italy or even in the U.S.?

Maybe the "1000 Hyperions" are Rossi's own E-Cats being put together into the 1 MW unit?

Maybe Mr. Rossi is just taking a legal position, rather than a factual one?

Blah.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Carl White wrote:Maybe the Defkalion tests and production were done in Italy or even in the U.S.?
Why only USA?
As far as I know, United Nations recognizes more than 200 countries. There are still unrecognized as well.
And in any of them. We only exclude “Hellenic Republic”.
So, chances are not so low: we have more than 200 candidates vs. one excluded from the list.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Carl White wrote:Maybe the Defkalion tests and production were done in Italy or even in the U.S.?
Why only USA?
That's were Rossi is (supposedly; do we really know anything here?) so it seems like the best bet. But who knows, maybe they're testing in Swaziland!

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Carl White wrote:do we really know anything here?
I do.
You do too. But don't want to trust.
But who knows, maybe they're testing in Swaziland!
I like more Gaza Sector.

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Carl White wrote:do we really know anything here?
I do.
You do too. But don't want to trust.
But who knows, maybe they're testing in Swaziland!
I like more Gaza Sector.
A reliable source tells me they are testing in Elbonia:

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Well, on the bright side, Rossi won't have to figure out how to get his megawatt demo reactor across the Atlantic.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Potentially all part of the scam? Could it be a ploy to generate competition for investment in Rossi's technology, with Defkalion Green Tech. nothing more than a fake competitor for the rights to produce the product and the current 'trouble' between Rossi and Defkalion nothing more than a fake window of opportunity for someone else with some real capitol to get involved, beating out both Defkalion and the major potential US investor, but only if they act fast? Maybe even too fast to do any real confirmation of the technology themselves?

Only a pathological skeptic would have such a thought.

seedload

Post by seedload »

Ivy Matt wrote:Well, on the bright side, Rossi won't have to figure out how to get his megawatt demo reactor across the Atlantic.
True, but I don't think this solves all of his problems.

I have this mental image of Rossi and a bunch of movers standing in his apartment in Miami, Rossi proudly talking to one mover and pointing to the fully assembled 1 MW plant in the living room, while one of the other movers is bending over by the front door, tape measure in hand, saying, "um, guys, I think we have a little problem here."

breakaway

Post by breakaway »

Seedload - that was the funniest reply yet. Now if only I can understand Chikva's humour.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Chalk up a tick on the side of commercial failure.

Rossi's not in BLP "complete failure to deliver" territory yet, but he's veering in that direction.

Meanwhile, Rossi gets a cautiously favorable review from WUWT.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/08/04/a ... on-target/
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Edited:
Post deleted.
Last edited by Giorgio on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

TallDave wrote:Chalk up a tick on the side of commercial failure.

Rossi's not in BLP "complete failure to deliver" territory yet, but he's veering in that direction.

Meanwhile, Rossi gets a cautiously favorable review from WUWT.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/08/04/a ... on-target/
One black mark on WUWT judgement score.

Technically, Rossi, like BLP, is in has never delivered territory.

You may believe that more time should be given him, and were he going to deliver that would be true. But given the large likelihood of CF not existing, it is sensible to judge any CF claims as not real in such time as they are properly validated.

This is not just CF, any other extraordinary science claims would similarly not be believed till validated. There are a lot of people who find apparent anomalies, only a few make it through replication.

Tom

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Well, BLP should have delivered by now, but apparently hasn't. I'll give Rossi another year or two to build something commercial that either works or doesn't.

CF isn't all that extraordinary; he's not claiming hydrinos or ZP, after all. Also, a lot of concepts have been in practical use long before they were well-understood.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...