10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

seedload wrote:I guess I am the only one concerned that all of these companies/facilities/offices are either something else or nothing at all.

I guess I am the only one concerned about why there are even all of these 'companies' in the first place.
To be honest, I am more concerned of this part of Krivit post:
Krivit wrote:After I completed my interviews, Rossi left and I packed up my gear and waited outside for my ride. Before I left, two men came over from suite 6-C and took the coffee machine away.
After 20 years of work I can assure you that when they bring away the coffee machine is NEVER a good sign! :D

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Carl White wrote:Have you felt tempted to pay a visit?

EDIT: Nothing is really evident using Google Map street view.
Yes, I have been around there about a month ago. I was in Bologna to meet a potential customer and I dropped by out of curiosity.... or maybe in the hope of seeing a big steam plum coming out one of those warehouses ;).

Anyhow, is just like any industrial park. A series of workshops one equal to the other and really nothing to be seen from outside.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:If it wasn't embarrassing it'd be funny.

... there again, it might well be both!!
I am pretty much embarrassed for the way a professor of the oldest university in my country did reply to a critic of his experiment.
Maybe the time when professors used to reply to critics with "data" instead of acting like a scolded child have forever gone. This is very sad, regardless of who is right and who is wrong.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

TallDave wrote:I note the Blacklightpower scam seems to be winding down, as most predicted. http://www.blacklightpower.com/press.shtml As best I can tell they were not able to produce the 750 MW as promised, and new customers are not lining up.
Surprise surprise. I wonder where all the paladins of BLP are now :roll:

cg66

Post by cg66 »

Giorgio wrote:
chrismb wrote:If it wasn't embarrassing it'd be funny.

... there again, it might well be both!!
I am pretty much embarrassed for the way a professor of the oldest university in my country did reply to a critic of his experiment.
Maybe the time when professors used to reply to critics with "data" instead of acting like a scolded child have forever gone. This is very sad, regardless of who is right and who is wrong.
Giorgio
Good point. Do you think its possible they were misinterpreting each other becuase of language differences?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

cg66 wrote:Giorgio
Good point. Do you think its possible they were misinterpreting each other becuase of language differences?
Language barriers are a constant source of misunderstandings but I have no idea if this is the case. As I do not know by person anyone of the people involved on the meeting I really have no data to express an opinion.
My willingness to meet Krivit was also to understand what type of guys he is and how easily we could exchange info without misunderstandings.

That said, scientists invented "scientific data collection" just for this reason. To avoid language barriers.

Am

Post by Am »

Giorgio wrote:
cg66 wrote:Giorgio
Language barriers are a constant source of misunderstandings but I have no idea if this is the case. As I do not know by person anyone of the people involved on the meeting I really have no data to express an opinion.
My willingness to meet Krivit was also to understand what type of guys he is and how easily we could exchange info without misunderstandings.

That said, scientists invented "scientific data collection" just for this reason. To avoid language barriers.
Account i read here: http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... 0#comments implies that Mr Rossi is commenting. Are we sure it's Prof. Levi?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Am wrote:Account i read here: http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... 0#comments implies that Mr Rossi is commenting. Are we sure it's Prof. Levi?
Prof. Levi did not post on journal-of-nuclear-physics.com, but he published an "open letter" to Krivit here:
http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/06/qua ... one-3.html

The letter is in English, the rest of the post is in Italian.
You might want to use google translator to translate it to the language you prefer.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Surprise surprise. I wonder where all the paladins of BLP are now
They have moved on to Rossi, as you know ;)
Surprise, surprise, yeah...
I don't care how offensive you take someone's questions to be, this response is not at all the response you expect from any professional, let alone a research scientist.
Yes, it is really weird. His data would be the best way to proof his point. Instead he is refusing his data on grounds of being offended. As I mentioned earlier, it seems to me like he was happy to have an excuse not to provide the data.

Tech

Post by Tech »

http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/06/low ... ution.html

There is a pretty long video, looks interesting but it´s in Italian only :? . Giorgio, if you have some time, perhaps you can look at it.

breakaway

Post by breakaway »

There seems to be something going on every week.

I agree it is unprofessional to reply like that. He should have check it over with an interpreter first and may have cooled down by then.

Here is a response (translated by Google) by the author where the letter was posted to a comment .

"Steven is a myth for me and I love him ... so I'm hoping a change of course on his part. I remind everyone that between New Energy Times (Steve), Ny Teknik (Mats), 22passi (I), applies an informal collaboration agreement between gentlemen. So we hope that everything becomes clearer ... the fact remains that Levi is a bit 'angry with Steve for now and if I told you word for word the way they did things you would be too for him."

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

tomclarke wrote:So all the other Rossi activity, if it is realler than this near-empty warehouse, is sign of fools parting with their money.

In reality, lots of people saying they are interested, even starting companies and trying to raise finds based on his demos so far, is par for the course and absolutely zero reason to take this seriously.

Which I now do not.
:shock:

How can you not take these guys seriously?
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Ivy Matt wrote:
tomclarke wrote:So all the other Rossi activity, if it is realler than this near-empty warehouse, is sign of fools parting with their money.

In reality, lots of people saying they are interested, even starting companies and trying to raise finds based on his demos so far, is par for the course and absolutely zero reason to take this seriously.

Which I now do not.
:shock:

How can you not take these guys seriously?
OK I take them seriously if I want to eat Tilapia.

I don't take their judgement of Rossi seriously.

:)

PS - they link to this site who will be supplying E-Cats.

Read the link carefully... It has some very pretty pictures...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Tech wrote:http://22passi.blogspot.com/2011/06/low ... ution.html

There is a pretty long video, looks interesting but it´s in Italian only :? . Giorgio, if you have some time, perhaps you can look at it.
I saw it a couple of days ago. Is just a condensed story of LENR from Feischmann-Pons to Rossi mounted as a documentary.
It has been done as a tool to start a finance campaign to create a longer movie-documentary by 2012.
No new info inside.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Here is Jed Rothwell's take on the whole Krivit/Levi/Rossi kerfuffle:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l%40 ... 47936.html

Seems Rothwell was invited to view the E-Cat as well and ended up declining when Rossi nixed the calorimity he wanted to do. He says he sees Rossi's side of things, but Rossi certainly was not open to a closer expert look at the device. OTOH, I really don't believe the UoB Physics department is in on some sort of conspiracy with Rossi. It would have to be incompetence and/or sloppiness to make much sense to me.

PS: It also appears from the comments on 22passi that Levi may give the data he was going to give to Krivit to Passerini instead. He said that he will post it on his blog when/if this happens (at least that is how I read the Google translation).