LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

pbelter

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by pbelter »

Carl White wrote: There's the possibility of fraud here.
When multiple seemingly unrelated people are trying to deceive the public about the same thing it is no longer just fraud,
it is CONSPIRACY :D

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Leave Parallel alone. He is perfectly free to follow his fantasies.

Rossi is not worth time bashing anymore. He is still full of shit. All his claims and promises remain bullshit. Still nothing after how many years?
When the house of cards collapses it will be fast and mostly unnoticed.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I figured when Rossi missed every single production deadline he has set that the house had collapsed. Is he really still a thing in 2015?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I used to follow him in an act of critical thinking; maybe he had something.
I stopped following him a while back.
I expect to hear about a fraud indictment for him at some point, and I expect that I will feel a measure of anger based on his clownery impacting the folks making real efforts to advance knowledge.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

Open source LENR is getting up to speed with a replication of the Parkhomov experiment that had of COP of 3.5. Parkhomov is guiding the Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project replication effort in the replication at the International Conference on Cold fusion. So far bursts of gamma radiation have occurred as the the reactor gets up to the 1100C operational temperature. These bursts are seen in a cold reactor during startup. To avoid a reactor explosion, the temperature must be brought up to operational temperature slowly over 12 hours. Right now in the ongoing demo, the temperature is at 860C.

The pressure of the hydrogen gas drops to below 1 bar when the reaction sets in.

See the reactor, the live experimental data and procedures all live. Watch it all happen live at stream 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWaigmpCvu0#t=1384

A comment thread is found at

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/04/17/ic ... ve-thread/

FYI: Bob Greenyer is the on site experimentor.

There are many replication efforts going on now in the open source cold fusion experimental community. If you are interested in getting up to speed in experimental science into fusion, join the cold fusion community for the next big thing in science. All information is open source and no information is withheld.

new steam at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p_HuXjtDic#t=2246

parallel

Post by parallel »

There are now two independent reports that Rossi's 1 MW plant is working well.
There first from Mats Lewan and the second from sifferkol.

First Hand Information from Visitors of the Industrial Heat E-Cat Customer!
Postat 2015/04/21

I know first hand from very reliable sources that themselves have visited the Rossi/Industrial Heat E-Cat customer that the plant works very well. This has been verified both by measurements made by the customer and by significantly reduced electricity bills. The plant seems to be able to produce heat from electricity with a COP in the range of 20-80 depending on the level of self-sustain-mode applied. I guess that is what Rossi is working on right now.

The implications of COP in this range is of course nothing less than … revolutionary … ”a tipping point” to quote Tom Darden

ref http://www.sifferkoll.se/sifferkoll/?p=626

See also Tom Darden's imterview http://www.infinite-energy.com/images/p ... erview.pdf

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Still not buying it, my reliable sources say Rossi is still full of it.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Axil

Post by Axil »

I thought you might want to know how Rossi is doing. Some info from Rossi as follows:

Andrea Rossi
April 3rd, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Desmondet:
The measurement system of the 1 MW E-Cat is made by:

56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the water steam in different positions

56 thermocouples to measure the temperature of the liquid water that flows toward the reactors in different positions

1 PCE 830 to measure the consumption of electric power, which has been installed between the container of the reactors and the electric power source of the Customer’s Factory, plus

the Wattmeter of the Customer’s factory installed by the electric energy provider

56 pressure gauges to measure the pressure of the steam in different positions

All the data are taken by the certified registration system made by the referee, who has placed the certified gauges to calculate the COP, and collected in his computer. All the referee’s gauges are certified and sealed.
Besides all this, there is the master Gauge, which is the manufacturing plant of the Customer, which needs 1 MWh/h of thermal energy carried by steam: if they receive this energy they pay for the plant, provided we give the granted COP, otherwise they do not pay. They measure with their instrumentation the amount and quality of the steam, but most of everything, they check the amount and the quality of their production and compare their costs using the E-Cat VS their costs with the traditional heaters. Their plant is the universal gauge and is, under a commercial point of view, the only one that really counts. So far the Customer is satisfied. Nevertheless, I have to add that it is soon to assume final considerations and we are aware of the fact that within the end of the year the results could be positive, but also negative.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Please post the link to your source so I can forward it to the proper authority at NASA.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Axil

Post by Axil »

GIThruster wrote:Please post the link to your source so I can forward it to the proper authority at NASA.
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.c ... nt-1068747

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Axil wrote: So far the Customer is satisfied. Nevertheless, I have to add that it is soon to assume final considerations and we are aware of the fact that within the end of the year the results could be positive, but also negative.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
A satisfied customer will be already discussing on the implementation for the next system. Such an oxymoron talk is the standard way of speaking of snake-oil salesman.
I am surprised people are still wasting time on him.

Useless also the implementation of all those thermocouples and pressure gauges, all done just to confuse the inexperienced ones.

A weighting scale, a thermometer and 2 hours of time is all what is needed by any "decent Engineer" to prove if this system works. Failing to do that till now is self explanatory of what is really behind all of this. A meaningless waste of time.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

giorgio,
A weighting scale, a thermometer and 2 hours of time is all what is needed by any "decent Engineer" to prove if this system works.
You realy are a moron as well as a troll.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:giorgio,
A weighting scale, a thermometer and 2 hours of time is all what is needed by any "decent Engineer" to prove if this system works.
You realy are a moron as well as a troll.
A very interesting and technical rebuttal to my suggestions.
Clearly, Thermodynamic and Heat Transfer courses didn't teach you much during your time in university. That, of course, provided that you ever took them or that you even know what I am talking about... :roll:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

The E-Cat has been proven to work. what is not known is for how long and the reliability. Control for high COP is still being worked on. Industrial Heat LLC have a contract based on the 1 MW plant meeting specified output for 350 days. Add ignorant to your other failings

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I don't want to seem to be taking sides in this debate, but I should point out to you that if you don't know how long it will work, you don't know it will work. Isn't it true that without knowing how long it works, you don't know that the reaction isn't just a chemical one? Isn't he using highly reactive nickel, just like BLP and several others? Until the thing runs its course, you cannot know all he's doing is nickel reactions that use up the reactants--which gets you exactly NOTHING.

Likewise, if this is really a LENR, we ought to see gamma. Where is the gamma? You already have reasons to suspect this is not LENR for lack of gamma, but you are tossing around terms like "proof" as if you were some junior high school art student. You do not have proof. You have CLAIMS. That's all. You need to learn some patience.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis