10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

JoeP wrote: You weren't asking me, but I'll chime in with my impression.

Haven't watched these videos in a while, but I remember thinking Rossi appears somewhat earnest, and a bit overwhelmed and stressed. I don't get the conman vibe from him too much on video, if at all. Maybe because some of my ancestors are working class Italian immigrants to the USA -- Rossi is kind of like some of those old school uncles I remember from when I was a kid.

I think the best explanation is Rossi really thought he had something, but isn't able to get anything consistent out of it since his results are wholly or partially from experimental error. So he dances around and gets frustrated. Does not handle pressure well and promises more than he can actually deliver on. And he digs himself a deep hole that he can't get out of...
Yup, the "deluded" option.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

polyill wrote:
JoeP wrote:I think the best explanation is Rossi really thought he had something, but isn't able to get anything consistent out of it since his results are wholly or partially from experimental error. So he dances around and gets frustrated. Does not handle pressure well and promises more than he can actually deliver on. And he digs himself a deep hole that he can't get out of...
In other words, your impression is that he's stupid, but has no bad intentions. His biography would then suggest he is incredibly stupid and unwilling to learn anything from past mistakes? :)
Yup, a symptom of mental illness (delusion) that is one of the possibilities.

rcain

Post by rcain »

KitemanSA wrote:
rcain wrote: just how 'bent' does a person have to be Kite before you distrust them?
What ever gave you the idea that I "trust" Rossi? Have I not said REPEATEDLY that I think he is very likely wrong, either due to delusion or dishonesty?
at last!

:roll:

now, all we have to do is convince you to highlight dishonesty as being 'most' likely. but i am sure you are intelligent enough to reach that conclusion yourself, given enough time....

ps. of course the possibility that Rossi is BOTH 'deluded' AND 'dishonest' also exists - based on the evidence, a 'certainty', IMO.

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:
seedload wrote:
Axil wrote:Kiteman is wise as usual.
Says it all. The team has each others backs.

Parallel hears no one else's arguments. Kiteman sees every unlikely alternative scenario. Axil speaks the fantastic speculative extensions.
So, by your picture and your words, I am NOT that middle monkey. You say "I see" while the monkey has hands over eyes.

Oh, I get it, you are just confused. :D

I do find it interesting that I am being accused of trolling but no-one seems to slam folks like seedload for such (admittedly fumbled & facile) insults.
Pretty sure that you know that the middle monkey "sees no evil" which is quite fitting, don't you think?

As to insults, I am also pretty sure that saying that you "see no evil" is a little less insulting than your saying that I am "ignorant" or a "little man".

Regards
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:What ever gave you the idea that I "trust" Rossi? Have I not said REPEATEDLY that I think he is very likely wrong, either due to delusion or dishonesty.
A fail to see the merit in nit picking people you claim to agree with solely based on the notion that they are being more blunt than you.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

The distinction is that between fancy and reality. Opinion is fancy, not reality.

Betruger

Much ado about nothing

Post by Betruger »

KitemanSA wrote: Seems that polyill (many-sick, now that is an interesting choise of moniker; are you sure YOU aren't the troll?) can't read, or maybe it is that tse can't retain what tse reads. I hve REPEATEDLY made statements about my OPINIONS regarding the man.
Well/Ill... get it?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

polyill

Post by polyill »

KitemanSA is deconstructing me nickname in pursuit of righteousness

What's "tse", anyway?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh poop.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Not sure whether this is new, but there's a longish video embedded
in the following article that was produced at SPAWAR.

"SPAWAR Space and Naval Warfare – LENR Proof"

http://chiefio.wordpress.com/2012/05/26 ... enr-proof/

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So Rossi is now claiming 600C steam output.

Anyone want to take a shot on the materials he claims to use in the Ecat surviving that?

Some basic heat transfer thoughts about Delta-T across the several boundaries would seem to say no...Copper, Solder, Lead, etc.

For 600C steam one is talking serious super heat, all steel alloy components, special hihg quality welds, etc, etc. This does not even fully consider material & joint heat-up and cool-down cycles for thermal stress.

I am interested to see how he addresses this, or not. One interesting point to date, is that (as far as I have seen) he has not made any mention on system pressures related to the "600C" steam.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

seedload

Post by seedload »

ladajo wrote:So Rossi is now claiming 600C steam output.

Anyone want to take a shot on the materials he claims to use in the Ecat surviving that?

Some basic heat transfer thoughts about Delta-T across the several boundaries would seem to say no...Copper, Solder, Lead, etc.

For 600C steam one is talking serious super heat, all steel alloy components, special hihg quality welds, etc, etc. This does not even fully consider material & joint heat-up and cool-down cycles for thermal stress.

I am interested to see how he addresses this, or not. One interesting point to date, is that (as far as I have seen) he has not made any mention on system pressures related to the "600C" steam.
No problem, he simply uses copious amounts of Duct Tape.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

It fixes EVERYTHING!

Seriously though, if he's claiming 600C then he's going to need some cast-iron pics up soon. Work or fail, for his claims, this thing will have to get significantly bigger or more expensive. If he got these temperatures from his current 1 MW "reactor" I suspect its a slag pile now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ScottL wrote:
It fixes EVERYTHING!
Standard issue when I was in the Nuclear Navy. We called it High Pressure Tape.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

seedload

Post by seedload »

ScottL wrote:
It fixes EVERYTHING!

Seriously though, if he's claiming 600C then he's going to need some cast-iron pics up soon. Work or fail, for his claims, this thing will have to get significantly bigger or more expensive. If he got these temperatures from his current 1 MW "reactor" I suspect its a slag pile now.
A thinking person would consider the fact that he claims to need lead/boron shielding for radiation protection and that he is now claiming enormous pressures. Combining these thoughts would lead a thinking person to be a bit concerned about the potential of explosion and radiation breaching the lead shielding.

This brings me back to a contradiction of his that gets very little attention. His patent and paper on his website claim large amounts of the energy produced comes from nuclear decay of short lived isotopes produced by the reaction. This radiation is shielded. Rossi also talked about mishaps where prototypes exploded. When asked directly about radiation exposure after the explosion, Rossi said that radiation was at background levels. So, where did the radioactive isotopes go?!?!?!?! If there are none, then his patent and paper are worthless. If they are there then a catastrophic accident should be a serious problem.

Alas, when asked this, Rossi simply resorted to not being able to talk about the process.