10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I'm not agreed with NASA either. I'm not swayed by the evidence one way or the other. I think it's obvious NASA doesn't have its priorities in line or they'd be doing investigations into M-E theory and the M-E lab results this last decade.

It does seem painfully obvious though, that Stubby reasons like a small child. After all, we've been investing in hot fusion for ages and even if these things all worked, they would not give us electric cars.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

parallel

Post by parallel »

Real and commercially viable are two different things I am still undecided if it's real or not.
It is real beyond reasonable doubt. Whether the first commercial application, by Rossi, is real, remains to be proven.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

parallel wrote:
Real and commercially viable are two different things I am still undecided if it's real or not.
It is real beyond reasonable doubt. Whether the first commercial application, by Rossi, is real, remains to be proven.
I am more of a nuts and bolts type of guy, from what I have seen I can not say for sure one way or the other. With Rossi's device I am even less than sure but if it does come to fruittration I promise to swear I supported all along. :D

parallel

Post by parallel »

if it does come to fruittration I promise to swear I supported all along.
You surely won't be alone. I would guess more than half the posters on this thread will be with you :wink:

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

I would happily admit that I didn't support it all along if it turns out true. Why? Because I'm not a blind zealot, however; he has shown nothing, I repeated, nothing, to make me even raise an eyebrow so far. My initial posts were about Rossi and his claims, but eventually when I decided there was nothing to gain from pointing out the obvious as so many were already doing, I turned to those I view as Rossi zealots. It has been of great amusement to watch the furious nature of those who would back the idea regardless of any negative finding. It's these people that truely make me let out a huge HAR HAR, and I'm thankful for them and their zealotry.....until it impedes progress.

parallel

Post by parallel »

What part of " Whether the first commercial application, by Rossi, is real, remains to be proven." do you fail to understand?

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Betruger wrote:Ok Joseph. Good luck.
Good luck you too.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

More fun from Rossi:
Paul
November 3rd, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Andrea,

In previous discussions you have expressed an interest in high energy photon direct conversion by means of a photo electric cell similar to the one described in expired U.S. patent 4178524.

Have you made any progress in this regard?

Paul
Andrea Rossi
November 3rd, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Dear Paul:
We have a team who is working specifically on this issue. Yes, we made progress, even if we are not ready with a working prototype, bu we have obtained a direct current someway. Much work to do. Honestly, we started from an idea of yours that I read on a paper you sent me.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

"Why thank you Paul, I have created a team 3 hours after you have given me the idea to use someone else's patent information that you told me about, and then said I am already working on it."

Fantastic!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ladajo wrote:"Why thank you Paul, I have created a team 3 hours after you have given me the idea to use someone else's patent information that you told me about, and then said I am already working on it."

Fantastic!
I cannot understand what causes your wondering. Everyone allowed to make engineering works on base of already published other's patent without paying of any royalty if he himself does not get a profit.
Also patents have their validity time 10 and 20 years, after which they are free for everyone.

But here I see another thing - in particular the Rossi's attempts to reignite interest in his person and his "invention".
The purpose of direct energy conversion?
Not to convert energy of moving charged particles? He has such charged streams? Or he has the uncertain quantity of thermal energy?
Why not to use old kind traditional method of conversion and instead to use much more expensive and until now undeveloped direct conversion?
I am understand that he is a genius, but development of direct energy converter need not geniuses but need a lot of man-hours of ordinar but at the same time very qualified engineers and therefore process is rather expensive.

parallel

Post by parallel »

The most optimistic view would be that Rossi would like to upgrade the domestic E-Cat to the new Hot Cat with its higher COP, but operate it at a lower temperature for safety.

Just heat alone is not that useful for domestic use when one can get a COP of 4 with a heat pump. Being able to produce electricity from something small with no moving parts, even running at low efficiency, would add considerably to the E-Cat's desirability.

Of course no one outside of Rossi's camp has a clue so this is just speculation.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Being able to produce electricity from something small with no moving parts
Mr. Parallel, "small and without moving parts" is certainly good but then I am remembering conventional large and rotating today’s power plants and think how fool are people designing and building those.
Why General Electric, alstom or such companies not employ people like you or Rossi? :)

seedload

Post by seedload »

parallel wrote:The most optimistic view would be that Rossi would like to upgrade the domestic E-Cat to the new Hot Cat with its higher COP, but operate it at a lower temperature for safety.

Just heat alone is not that useful for domestic use when one can get a COP of 4 with a heat pump. Being able to produce electricity from something small with no moving parts, even running at low efficiency, would add considerably to the E-Cat's desirability.

Of course no one outside of Rossi's camp has a clue so this is just speculation.
Actually, the most optimistic view is that mysteriously adding a proton to the most abundant isotope of Nickel produces stable copper even though we know it really makes radioactive copper that quickly decays into radioactive Nickel with a half life of 75000 years.

Parallel, isn't that weird? Parallel?
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

parallel

Post by parallel »

Joseph Chikva,
I have no particular expertise in solid state devices to make electricity but Rossi does. As to using those devices for large scale power production no one yet knows how. So your comment is rather silly.

parallel

Post by parallel »

seedload,
If you had been paying attention you would have seen that Rossi no longer thinks copper is produced in any significant quantity.
As you appear to think you are an expert perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to how it works.