10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

That's a pretty loaded question given there is still no evidence that it works.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

parallel

Post by parallel »

LENR works beyond reasonable doubt. If he is truly expert, explain that.

He demands proof for what Rossi writes, but apparently thinks what he writes doesn't need any proof.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

But here I see another thing - in particular the Rossi's attempts to reignite interest in his person and his "invention".
Oh Joseph! You get it for once! Yeah!
LENR works beyond reasonable doubt.
Parallel, really?

Not so much. Maybe at best.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Although, I am not certain you really understand that a reasonable opinion is not the same as an opinion.[/quote]
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
ladajo wrote:"Why thank you Paul, I have created a team 3 hours after you have given me the idea to use someone else's patent information that you told me about, and then said I am already working on it."

Fantastic!
I cannot understand what causes your wondering. Everyone allowed to make engineering works on base of already published other's patent without paying of any royalty if he himself does not get a profit.
Also patents have their validity time 10 and 20 years, after which they are free for everyone.

But here I see another thing - in particular the Rossi's attempts to reignite interest in his person and his "invention".
The purpose of direct energy conversion?
Not to convert energy of moving charged particles? He has such charged streams? Or he has the uncertain quantity of thermal energy?
Why not to use old kind traditional method of conversion and instead to use much more expensive and until now undeveloped direct conversion?
I am understand that he is a genius, but development of direct energy converter need not geniuses but need a lot of man-hours of ordinar but at the same time very qualified engineers and therefore process is rather expensive.
JC>I cannot understand what causes your wondering. Everyone allowed to make engineering works on base of already published other's patent without paying of any royalty if he himself does not get a profit.
Also patents have their validity time 10 and 20 years, after which they are free for everyone.

The patent clerks usually follow along more or less formal procedure and have no time/passion/motivation to get to the bottom of invention; so, a lot of BS are patented; as the result, the high noise level helps to protect IP and at the same time to moot the essence of invention (framing the IP-critical-claims around bogus context). My point is that published patent usually not enough (by far) to replicate the result; yet, it indeed may be helpful for reverse engineering as soon as the noise component is known ;o)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:I have no particular expertise in solid state devices to make electricity but Rossi does.
Poor Mr. Rossi has not a more expertise than to make fool his followers.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Sven Kullander on the E-Cat
November 7, 2012

Many thanks to Hampus Ericsson for sending me this report of a conversation he had with Sven Kullander, professor emeritus of High Energy Physics at Uppsala University in Sweden. (Edited slightly for English grammar)

One year ago I went to see Sven Kullander’s lecture about nuclear fission/fusion [given at Orebro University in Sweden on November 23rd, 2011]. In that lecture he also talked about cold fusion and his visit to Andrea Rossi. After the lecture I wrote a small wall post about it in the Facebook group “Cold fusion Andrea Rossi”. The wallpost quickly spread all across the Webb and became read by many.

Later at a train station I see Sven Kullander, I collected my courage (Swedish people are very shy) and started a conversation. I found out that Sven is really nice and we ended up talking the whole trip to Uppsala.

We talked about cold fusion (ofc) and his views on Andrea Rossi. He told me about his deep respect for Focardi and how collaboration with him really makes Rossi look good. Sven also said that the reason why only he in the academic field takes cold fusion seriously is because he will soon retire and are not afraid of ruining his carrier.

I told him about the huge debate Andrea Rossi have made in the Internet and that thousands of people (including me) are following every little thing that happens in this field. Sven is shocked at this and tells me that he gets his updates from telephone calls with Mats Lewan (Ny Teknik) and Andrea Rossi.

When I asked him who bought the industrial plant he told me that it was The Naval Research lab in USA. I know I can trust him because he gets his information directly from Andrea or Mats Lewan.

When we got closer to our destination I asked him a little more strongly: How can you be sure that your test on the ecat was correct? Can it all be a scam?

“There is always the possibility that Rossi is fooling everyone but then he most be the best magician in the world. We (Sven and Hanno Essen) checked everything, we looked for wires in the whole room. We could not see any trace of a fraud.”

I felt that Sven really meant this, he had seen the ecat he had touched it. I trust that Sven knew what he was doing and that his measurements were correct.

I left that train VERY reassured that Rossi has something.

In respect to Sven I decided not to mention any of this, I didn’t want Sven to get in trouble with Rossi. But now one year later I feel more comfortable sharing my experience.

Mvh John Olov Hampus Ersa Ericsson
http://www.e-catworld.com/2012/11/sven- ... the-e-cat/

parallel

Post by parallel »

Joseph Chikva,
I hadn't recognized that you are so much cleverer than Prof Sven Kullander.
As you know it all perhaps the rest of us fools should leave this thread for your pearls of wisdom to shine alone.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Joseph Chikva,
I hadn't recognized that you are so much cleverer than Prof Sven Kullander.
As you know it all perhaps the rest of us fools should leave this thread for your pearls of wisdom to shine alone.
I do not know who is Prof. Kullander is, but I have seen how Rossi measurers heat and his watt*hour per hour was very silly.
Now when he could not make any credible demo with proper heat measurement, he claims that he has an expertise to make direct converter of proton's energy moving in crystal lattice?
I am repeating you the same phrase I said to Mr. Gtthruster: Don’t press me with names? And the second my request: Please don’t repeat so much Rossi’s nonsenses.
He could not create properly working device with conventional energy conversion and all his further claims are less credible. With the same success he can say that has an expertise to build photon starship.

seedload

Post by seedload »

parallel wrote:seedload,
If you had been paying attention you would have seen that Rossi no longer thinks copper is produced in any significant quantity.
As you appear to think you are an expert perhaps you can enlighten the rest of us as to how it works.
It doesn't work.

How could Rossi previously have thought that Copper was produced (I'm sorry, confirmed that copper was produced) and now claim that it isn't?

Look, in his patent, which you vigorously defend, he is claiming that Nickel is taking on a proton (somehow) and then going through a series of decays. The patent says all isotopes of Nickel and spells out the decays that are happening and the amount of energy that each produces. All isotopes of Nickel are doing this according to the patent. The patent also specifically notes that he had the 'ash' analyzed by an independent and confirmed that copper was being produced, which was apparently evidence that the transmutations of Nickel plus a proton were producing copper. It is IN PRINT from him!

Of course, it was quickly pointed out that 75000 year half life Nickel is probably a bad thing. This is when his claims changed. First, that he was enriching for NI62 and NI64 and then that only NI62 and NI64 react. But, he was still claiming transmutation - stable isotopes of Nickel transmuting into stable isotopes of copper. I asked him specifically about this and he specifically said that only NI62 and NI64 were reacting to form copper.

Now he is saying that there is no copper formed? How the hell did he make such a huge mistake of previously thinking copper was formed, to the point of having figured out that only two rare isotopes of Nickel were doing the reacting to make it and going through the trouble of inventing a miraculous new method of isotopic enrichment to enhance it, to now saying that copper is not formed in any significant quantity.

Seriously, how many LERN reactions do you think he has discovered.

BTW, if Nickel isn't transmuting, then what the hell does "only NI62 and NI64 react" mean? How could he possibly have made that determination without evidence through transmutation? If stuff ain't transmuting, why would DK have a different opinion on whether NI58 were 'reacting' then Rossi has? And, if as DK says, NI58 is transmuting, why don't they get radioactive Nickel.

I am no expert, but you don't need to be an expert to figure out that this story makes absolutely no sense. It is common sense. If you ignore the thread of the story, and you resort to trusting Rossi on whatever he is currently saying while ignoring what he previously said, you are not using common sense.

Rossi is right about one thing, there are always enough people unwilling to use common sense that he can say just about anything and someone will believe him. As P. T. Barnum used to say...
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

parallel

Post by parallel »

Joseph Chikva,
Guess who is most believable.
1. Professor Sven Kullander, professor emeritus of High Energy Physics at Uppsala University in Sweden, who has actually handled and tested an E-Cat.
2. Chikva, of unknown background, who has not been within 1000 miles of an E-Cat.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Joseph Chikva,
Guess who is most believable.
1. Professor Sven Kullander, professor emeritus of High Energy Physics at Uppsala University in Sweden, who has actually handled and tested an E-Cat.
2. Chikva, of unknown background, who has not been within 1000 miles of an E-Cat.
Background of only 7 grades of middle school are required for proper measurement of heat in "5 kW" demo. And nevertheless he cannot show anything promising.
Not academic degree required. Nevertheless I am PhD in engineering.
And to be supporter of Rossi is a certain diagnosis regardless to degrees.

parallel

Post by parallel »

So you're suggesting Professor Sven Kullander (and Prof. Hanno Essen) flunked school before the 7th grade?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

ONR did not by an Ecat of any kind. That is a total fabrication.
Rossi is really getting desparate to push out this sort of misinformation.

How long before Sven Kullander says he does not recall a conversation on the train?

How long before someone simply submits an email to the PAO at ONR and asks if ONR bought an Ecat, and then gets told no?

How long before someone shows no contract in the public record of an E-Cat purchase by ONR?

How long are folks going to continue to believe all this Rossishit?

Amazing.

"I read it on the internet! It must be true!!!"

Such crap. I file it with crap like "No jews went to work at the World Trade Center on 9/11" and, "Obama took a secret trip to mars".

Idiots.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:So you're suggesting Professor Sven Kullander (and Prof. Hanno Essen) flunked school before the 7th grade?
Childhood Mr. Kulander is less interesting for me. I am saying that he is too credulous and naive.
Also I am saying that I've seen a lot of PhDs and even academicians awarded their statuses for ridiculous works.
Status is less interesting for me when I see badly performed work.
And only one work was shown - there was "5 kW plant" demo. Can you say that plant produced 5 kW?
"1 MW plant" demo was only the show of one sounding sew container with some uncertain boxes inside and one diesel-generator outside without any measurement.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Seems obvious to me if Rossi had something that works, with his funding recently cut he would have by now paraded it out for public tests. Hal Puthoff's One Watt Challenge is still open and that has a $1 million prize.

If Rossi had something, why would he be living with infamy and poverty instead of showing what he's got?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis