10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by mvanwink5 »

I love magic tricks being used to spoof hubristic scientists. It really makes a day.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Well the third party report vindicates Andrea Rossi. A COP of 3 and 6 in two tests lasting over a 100 hours.
Comparison with a dummy reactor to check the temperature with just electric power alone.

See Mat Lewan's comment here http://matslew.wordpress.com/2013/05/20 ... sis-e-cat/

Keep in mind there is now no reason to disbelieve the performance of the new two stage E=Cat with a COP of about 20.

I suppose the wretched trolls who have disparaged Rossi so many times will now forget they said LENR was a hoax, that Rossi lied, and it was all measurement error.

The only question is will they scuttle away under the woodwork never to be seen again, or be man enough to admit they were WRONG.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

parallel wrote:Well the third party report vindicates Andrea Rossi. A COP of 3 and 6 in two tests lasting over a 100 hours.
Comparison with a dummy reactor to check the temperature with just electric power alone.

See Mat Lewan's comment here http://matslew.wordpress.com/2013/05/20 ... sis-e-cat/

Keep in mind there is now no reason to disbelieve the performance of the new two stage E=Cat with a COP of about 20.

I suppose the wretched trolls who have disparaged Rossi so many times will now forget they said LENR was a hoax, that Rossi lied, and it was all measurement error.

The only question is will they scuttle away under the woodwork never to be seen again, or be man enough to admit they were WRONG.
Sorry I do not believe, these test results leave huge possible error. The current test results could have been made by simply placing all the heating elements on the surface side facing the camera and rotate it 180 degrees for the "unloaded test" I propose a better test, Just light one off and let it boil water in a tank, replenish water as needed and record the amounts of water boiled away. Then do the same without the fuel. This simple test is irrefutable and could stop all doubt from the Disbeliever crowd.
I would love to be proven wrong ,the human race is reaching it energy cusp point and without a new cheap source we will soon (next 100 years) be in a state of decline because we have to many users and not enough energy to go around. I would gladly eat crow to see my grandchildren have a good life.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

paperburn1

I knew trolls like you would wriggle. What nonsense you write. Truly pathetic to suggest the heating elements could all be stacked on one side to give the error. I must assume you are technically illiterate.

Your memory is so short you have forgotten the first test was by boiling water and the skeptics said that didn't work because the wetness of the steam explained it.
Then Rossi ran it though a heat exchanger, and that was supposed to be bogus because of the position of the thermocouples.

Your suggestion of stacking the heating elements wins the prize for the most daft.

Axil

Post by Axil »

You have to admire the bravery of the scientists that ran these tests and put out this paper. The enemies of the ideas that they purport to verify will try to destroy them.

How much faith that one puts in a test is usually determined by the faith that one has in the people who ran the test.

If a vested interest can destroy that credibility of the testers, then they can destroy the value of the test that they have conducted.

I predict that this test will not advance LENR against the vested interests arrayed against it because the vested interests are very strong compared to the maximum credibility that a single test can generate.

More LENR tests are required to increase the forces of credibility. For those who can, who have the ability and know how, now that you know what can be done, your systems are still of great value in the replication effort.

The fight has just begun. Looking past this time of euphoria, like any initial systems design, the Rossi system is still a poor system if viewed in absolute terms, so other more innovative LENR solutions have an increased value in the upcoming LENR fray.

But what is most important is the absolute validation that something is happening beyond the current consensus of scientific thought.

The first transistor looked very bad and did not perform well at all. But that flawed device inspired a vision of what could be done, and that there is great value in doing it.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

parallel wrote:paperburn1

I knew trolls like you would wriggle. What nonsense you write. Truly pathetic to suggest the heating elements could all be stacked on one side to give the error. I must assume you are technically illiterate.

Your memory is so short you have forgotten the first test was by boiling water and the skeptics said that didn't work because the wetness of the steam explained it.
Then Rossi ran it though a heat exchanger, and that was supposed to be bogus because of the position of the thermocouples.

Your suggestion of stacking the heating elements wins the prize for the most daft.
No wiggling here and I stand by what I say.
Would you like to make a small wager on a working model being in public view in say 2 years?? Just a gentleman's bet on the outcome of this device. Game or bluff?
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Axil wrote:The fight has just begun.
It's a fight? It is. Because some genius insisted this whole time on NOT doing it right. To put it mildly.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

Axil

Post by Axil »

Betruger wrote:
Axil wrote:The fight has just begun.
It's a fight? It is. Because some genius insisted this whole time on NOT doing it right. To put it mildly.
The next major LENR demo will be held at NIWeek by Defkalion Green Technologies.

Defkalion has been lying low, preparing for some big splashes this year and next.

Defkalion is tackling around 20 major applications of their LENR reactor through contracts with several licensees, including some major players. These players include Siemens and Fiat. We may be able to order a Defkalion in our new RAM truck before too long. Price point expected to be around 1/10 of what we presently pay for power. First product expected by second quarter 2014.

National Instruments will sanction this first public reactor demo expected for NI Week in August with the full weight of their corporate credibility. Also supporting this test throughout the scientific community is the highly regarded reputation of the founder of NI, Dr. James Truchard.

Defkalion has been doing it right by keeping things low key. But their LENR theory will be released and explained in July and demonstrated in August.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

The testing procedure is laughable and the results are inline with laughable procedures. Even high-grade thermal cameras fail miserably. Furthermore, they have not once done the proposed boil-off experiment. The proposal was to place the "reactor" in a tub of water and watch it boil off not boil some water that is pumped through it next to an already existing heating element. The bottom line is that nothing has changed, Rossi has not proven anything still, and his 3rd party experimenters (all familiar names haha) failed miserably at basic science, again. Wake me when he does the proposed experiment with no generator attached btw. Sorry Parallel, you are not vindicated.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Oh Parallel. So quick to pull the trigger.

Let us put it in a tank of water and NOT boil it. Just change the temp. Any grade school kid learns this. Did you not?

Why will Rossi not do so? Why will he not provide a simple definative test? Why all the posturing and theatrics?

Well, I guess I need to look at this oft touted Six World Class University Scientists Test, or did I misquote Rossi's often story changes. Hard to keep track.
Thermal Camera, I think this will be interesting. Temperature does not mean heat transfer...I can make something really hot with essentially no heat reservior.

Be nice to see you put your money where your mouth is Parallel. Or are you a coward?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Axil

Post by Axil »

polyill

Post by polyill »

Giuseppe Levi doing a 3rd party verification on Rossi? R-r-r-right... :roll:

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Wow, that graph seals the deal. Not only is it actually a graph pasted ontop of another, but, it's absurd, incorrect, and irrelevent. I can't wait for this to escalate, I could use some good laughs.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Greatness, to scale....

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

parallel wrote:Well the third party report vindicates Andrea Rossi. A COP of 3 and 6 in two tests lasting over a 100 hours.

Thanks! Trending hopeful on Rossi again.

I'd love to have one of the little residential units, even the inevitably overpriced and unreliable first-gen models. Hope they start shipping someday soon.

I can understand people still having doubts after this, but it's getting harder to believe he could pull these off -- he would have to be the David Copperfield of alt-energy. I keep feeling like I have to ask myself: is it more likely he's a genius-level fraud or a very mediocre legitimate scientist/entrepeneur who just stumbled onto something extraordinary?
Last edited by TallDave on Mon May 20, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...