Superconductor Theory

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

PolyGirl

Superconductor Theory

Post by PolyGirl »

Just another little piece of the puzzle (maybe):

From Physorg the article "Secrets behind high temperature superconductors revealed" does not state much other than "magnetism is involved in the mechanism behind high temperature superconductivity."

I believe the original article is from "Dr Alan Drew of the Department of Physics, Queen Mary, University of London". Physorg does not site the original article.

However, this article only basically states that "in both cases superconductivity emerges from a magnetic state." This comes from the "Publishing in Nature Materuals [2]", The article is listed at the botton of the article.

Regards
Polygirl
The more I know, the less I know.

icarus

New twist on superconductivity

Post by icarus »

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2009/313/1

Superconductors, materials that carry electricity without resistance, can be divided into two broad groups depending on how they react to a magnetic field--or so physicists thought. New experiments show that one well-studied superconductor actually belongs to both groups at the same time. "If the experiment is true, this would add a whole new class of superconductors," says Egor Babaev, a theorist at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

MSimon

Re: New twist on superconductivity

Post by MSimon »

icarus wrote:http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2009/313/1

Superconductors, materials that carry electricity without resistance, can be divided into two broad groups depending on how they react to a magnetic field--or so physicists thought. New experiments show that one well-studied superconductor actually belongs to both groups at the same time. "If the experiment is true, this would add a whole new class of superconductors," says Egor Babaev, a theorist at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
The effect was found in MgB.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.