Oh The Irony - I Got A Mention On DU

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Oh The Irony - I Got A Mention On DU

Post by MSimon »

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 50#7392289

For My blog (IEC Fusion Tech) and Polywell.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

One poster wanted a machine that vaporized psychopaths.

"They're taking over the world, like termites infesting a log cabin."

Silly dem, you just treat your logs with borate! Log cabins are a Republican thing.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Tom Ligon wrote:One poster wanted a machine that vaporized psychopaths.

Sounds like he aspires to suicide.

Tom Ligon wrote: "They're taking over the world, like termites infesting a log cabin."

Silly dem, you just treat your logs with borate! Log cabins are a Republican thing.
Log Cabin Republicans? Tee hee

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

I hope you just saw a referral and don't google yourself all the time MSimon. :P
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Even to this day, Navy Sponsorship still scares me. The situation of coverup is still a possiblity, not a likely one, but still a possiblity. Hopefully, it's going to be powerplant first, then they can put whatever thing they want on their ships and subs.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Robthebob wrote:Even to this day, Navy Sponsorship still scares me. The situation of coverup is still a possiblity, not a likely one, but still a possiblity. Hopefully, it's going to be powerplant first, then they can put whatever thing they want on their ships and subs.
Cover up is not possible. If Dr. Nebel goes back to his previous work then we might conclude that Polywell has reached a dead end. If Nebel cannot be accounted for in the Next two years we can safely conclude that he is busy working on this thing because it has merit.

Others can replicate the work at that point.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Josh Cryer wrote:I hope you just saw a referral and don't google yourself all the time MSimon. :P
Actually Google does the Googling for me. I look for things like "fusion power", "Polywell fusion" etc.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Diogenes wrote:
Robthebob wrote:Even to this day, Navy Sponsorship still scares me. The situation of coverup is still a possiblity, not a likely one, but still a possiblity. Hopefully, it's going to be powerplant first, then they can put whatever thing they want on their ships and subs.
Cover up is not possible. If Dr. Nebel goes back to his previous work then we might conclude that Polywell has reached a dead end. If Nebel cannot be accounted for in the Next two years we can safely conclude that he is busy working on this thing because it has merit.

Others can replicate the work at that point.
Furthermore, we will always be able to track this puppy in the military budget, even if it is classified.

IntLibber

Re: Oh The Irony - I Got A Mention On DU

Post by IntLibber »

MSimon wrote:*

Whats funny is those idiots don't consider fusion to be nuclear power...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

IntLibber wrote:

Yeah. I got quite a giggle out of as many comments as I could read until the gag reflex took over.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

MSimon wrote:
IntLibber wrote:

Yeah. I got quite a giggle out of as many comments as I could read until the gag reflex took over.
Roger Fox frequents DU. Who cares about differences on other issues? Polywell alliances of convenience should be as large and inclusive as possible. We work together to get the first Bussards built, drink a toast to success when its (hopefully) done, and then go back to slinging spitballs at each other.
Vae Victis

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

djolds1 wrote:
MSimon wrote:
IntLibber wrote:Whats funny is those idiots don't consider fusion to be nuclear power...
Roger Fox frequents DU. Who cares about differences on other issues? Polywell alliances of convenience should be as large and inclusive as possible. We work together to get the first Bussards built, drink a toast to success when its (hopefully) done, and then go back to slinging spitballs at each other.
Roger is a really nice fellow. And we get along well even though we disagree on some politics.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

djolds1 wrote:
MSimon wrote:
IntLibber wrote:Whats funny is those idiots don't consider fusion to be nuclear power...

I really didn't want polywell to devolve into polytics, but once the door was opened, I was going to make sure that my side got it's licks in. Your point is valid though.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Every now and then I try to throw some science in to keep things interesting.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

I'm at a loss. Where in that thread was this implied?
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.