Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by Carl White »

pbelter wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:50 pm
IVO Ltd Introduces the World’s First Pure Electric Thruster for Satellites

They claim 45mN

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ivo-ltd- ... 00962.html
Sounds like another drive for Martin Tajmar to debunk.

JoeStrout
Site Admin

Post by JoeStrout »

Yep, this looks like another thruster powered by snake oil. They claim "development programs for customers starting Q2 2022," which would be about now. It should be fun to watch this unfold.

(Or, the really have found an exploit in the laws of physics and will be able to wear their Nobel prizes while they cruise around the galaxy. But my bet's on snake oil.)
Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

RERT

Post by RERT »

Agreed. Well into the too-good-to-be-true range. But their quite specific references to validation and testing are very bare-faced lies if they really have absolutely nothing.

Meh. I guess bare-faced liars exist. We’ll see.

usesbiggerwords

Post by usesbiggerwords »

A recent (Sept 2022) YouTube video featuring Dr. Woodward and his team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8aijNB5i6Y

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

1h30min
TLDW ?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

usesbiggerwords

Betruger wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:06 am
1h30min
TLDW ?
Dr. Woodward reviewed his theory, Mach's Principle, his test apparatus, including improvements made, and his data, then Michelle Broyles came on, describes her initial skepticism, then goes through her separate test setup and improvements thereto, and discusses her results, including the use of open source motion-tracking software and the results from it. There appears to be nothing here that would prevent additional verification of these results, as the test setups are well-described. I'd like to see an array of thrusters tested, perhaps in a long vacuum chamber on an apparatus that would allow movement from one end of the chamber to the other. I'd also like to see the entire device, power and all, in the vacuum chamber and magnetically shielded, and see what happens there.

What is unclear to me is does the size of the PZT disks matter? How would you scale up power delivered? One big thruster or lots of smaller thrusters? Is there a local maximum of thrust vs size? Thrust vs frequency? None of that really gets discussed in the video.

The first Helion Generator/MEGA drive ship should be called Enterprise. The second should be called Heart of Gold. You heard it here first, folks.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

What became of Dr. Hal Fearn though, who I thought was a core part of the team?

usesbiggerwords

Unsure; he appears in videos with Dr. Woodward in 2021. He may simply have been unavailable for the interview.