BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: BLP news

Post by Skipjack »

Carl White wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:15 am
BLP has announced an "invitational public demonstration" to occur some time between January 25th and February 5th of 2021, and a video stream of the event for others interested, on its website, https://brilliantlightpower.com/.

Can only hope it will be better than a Rossi-quality demonstration.
Slightly better, maybe...
Powerpoints, pre- recorded videos. Forward looking statements...

https://brilliantlightpower.com/suncell ... ington-dc/

So many issues with this:
1. The actual "demonstration" of the "reactor" was pre- recorded. I can pre- record a lot of things that will look great on video...

2. 100,000 Watts for how long with how much of that "hydrino" substance? We only saw 5 minutes of the thing operating in the presentation... Also I am feeling that this looked too benign for 100,000 Watts. A normal water heater for a tank this size has about 10kW. So this would be 10 times as powerful and it does not look like that. In fact this is the thing that bothers me the most. I have never seen any reference to energy density for those so called hydrinos. Like how many kWh of energy does such a hydrino store?
Also, they are now talking monoatomic hydrogen (Mills mentions it at some point). Monoatomic hydrogen combines into hydrogen in an exotermic reaction (3.5 times the energy density of H2). Mind you, it tends to do that spontaneously if the pressure is too high. This alone makes my alarm bells go off.

3. Also when we get to see this, the water is already hot. If I put boiling water on my stove I can keep it bubbling for a long time, even with a comparably moderate power input.

4. Mark Nansteel has been associated with BLP for a very long time. He has 47 publications on record and most of them seem to be together with Randall Mills?
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mark-Nansteel

5. They are (once again) "really close to commercialization". I might be wrong (and I would love to be), but I feel like we will see the same thing again next year and the year after that and the year after that.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Ok, so this one is funny:
https://brilliantlightpower.com/validation-reports/

Notice something?
The longer it runs, the lower the net energy gain. Why is that? The skeptic in me is immediately suspicious that something shady is going on here.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Even more funny is the PDF of the test report.
Because is just too easy to have a simple "electric energy in" = n times the "Mass of cooling water out" by it's "delta Temperature". Is much better to boil off water and invoke a dozen of different variables and assumptions!

The last time I saw such a confusing mess of hypothesis and math was at the time of Rossi and friends :roll:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Also worth mentioning that an experimental report written and signed by an employee of a company should be called "Internal report" and not "validation report".
Publicizing it as a "validation report" is misleading, to say the least.
Anyhow, is not like these guys ever cared about scientific moral integrity........

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Totally agree!
Hillarious! I think their steam generator thing is going to be the same as Rossi's container thingy was (how many years ago again?).

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Ten years ago, it was Jan 2011 when all the drama started.

Time flies.....