Alan Boyle

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

bennmann

Alan Boyle

Post by bennmann »

Was rereading threads from ages past and stumbled back into this one:

http://talk-polywell.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2069

Would Alan Boyle be willing to run a small update just based on the Recovery.gov first plasma info?

He also might get lucky if he starts leaving messages to Nebel and others as he is a respected member of the press.

Making a new thread for maximum visibility here as I don't recall which of our users has the greatest sway with Alan. Someone please shoot him a message on this. I will in 7 days if this thread has no responses of note.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I think to remember that Msimon has some good connections with him. Drop him a p.m.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

My money says that they will say nothing until testing is completed and reviewed.
Recovery.gov is the only window we have these days.
I am sure they have run fuel by now, as it has been long enough since first plasma. Just keep thinking positive and remain patient.

icarus

Post by icarus »

oooooooooooommmmmmmmm 8)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Wonderful! The money hum.

Ooooommm mmaannii ppaaddmmee hhhuuuuummmm.

just_an_observer

Alan Boyle

Post by just_an_observer »

In the past, I usually just emailed Alan Boyle directly (address was on his bog site) and asked if he would do an update - the last couple of times I had done that he indicated EMC2 (namely Rick) was not doing interviews at that time. Granted it's been quite a while now, but I'm betting nothing has changed with regards to that. They'll talk when they have something specific they want to share and if it's to their advantage. Now that they have funding and are busy working, their is nothing to be gained right now with additional publicity IMHO. However, just email Alan and ask him directly. He's pretty nice, doesn't seem to mind when readers email him, and may or may not respond, depending on his current volume of email.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

That really is not enough information to hang an article on.

Alan knows me and has posted EMC2 stuff at my suggestion. I'd like to wait until we hear something useful and/or exciting.

Things are so slow that I haven't updated my fusion blog for months.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

What I see around here are a few facts on which are hung mountains of speculation. Nothing wrong with that. It keeps the machine oiled.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

What do you make of Park being on the EMC2 Officers list, and not Nebel with the new recovery.gov posting?

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

I'm inclined to defer to MSimon's wisdom on this and not contact Alan myself (like he said, maybe when there's more news) - in spite of the fact that first plasma is actually somewhat exciting news.

If someone else reading this decides otherwise and shoots him an e-mail, it probably wouldn't hurt though.

Roger

Post by Roger »

ladajo wrote:What do you make of Park being on the EMC2 Officers list, and not Nebel with the new recovery.gov posting?
Nothing.
Nebel has been the public interface, not Park. Gov tracker says top 5 Officers and only lists one name, Park. Dolly Gray is not mentioned either, should something be made of that, no I don't think so.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Rick is listed as the contact person:

http://www.emc2fusion.org/
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.