EM Drive

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Re: EM Drive

Post by mvanwink5 »

The first BS claxon I remember going off was for ‘inflation’ in the late 70s/early 80s.
Magic expansion. I never got over how such an idea got past the smell test.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

GPecchia

Post by GPecchia »

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:20 pm
GPecchia wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:07 am
It's been many years since last post.
Most of the folks at the nsf forum are convinced this will not work. However the fact that this will be launched aboard the SpaceX Transporter 8 mission says a lot. Launch is set for NET June 10 2023.
I give them full respect for believing on the idea and putting their money into play.
McCulloch Quantized Inertia (QI) theory is still far from perfect and his math still suffers along the way with many optimistic assumptions, but anyhow is better than the pure "faith" that is required to accept Dark Matter and Dark Energy.

There was still way too many interference related issues that could account for the results that they was obtaining. I also remember that few years ago Dr. Tajmar was giving McCulloch several indications on how to filter them out, but not many news since than.

If anyhow this experiment will give a positive result I doubt it will follow QI theory as devised. Yet, even an unexplained 45 mN/100W will be enough to force the scientific establishment to wake up from the lethargy they have fallen into for the last 50 years and to start to revise and question the Standard model, the Quantum model and all connected assumptions that are not fully coherent with many observations .
I do not think that both models are inherently incorrect, but we are clearly missing something that bridges the whole of the phenomena that we observe with the math of these models that we are actually using to describe nature. Finding that link could really open a window to a completely different technological world and yet every institution seems interested only in making proselytism in favor of DM and DE....

GPecchia

Post by GPecchia »

Giorgio wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:20 pm
GPecchia wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:07 am

If anyhow this experiment will give a positive result I doubt it will follow QI theory as devised. Yet, even an unexplained 45 mN/100W will be enough to force the scientific establishment to wake up from the lethargy they have fallen into for the last 50 years and to start to revise and question the Standard model, the Quantum model and all connected assumptions that are not fully coherent with many observations .
I do not think that both models are inherently incorrect, but we are clearly missing something that bridges the whole of the phenomena that we observe with the math of these models that we are actually using to describe nature. Finding that link could really open a window to a completely different technological world and yet every institution seems interested only in making proselytism in favor of DM and DE....
Well said Giorgio.

GPecchia

Post by GPecchia »

Sorry for the almost duplicate post. Relearning the mechanics of the site.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

EM Drive still going? (At least in discussions.) June 10th?

This is the most interesting news i've heard since they are about to launch starship to orbit for the first time.

We may actually get a SciFi future after all.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

The just released a new presentation video on Youtube.
Nothing new, but they seems to be pretty confident of their experimental results.
It will be interesting to see what will happen in June. We will either learn how to improve Earth experimental setup to remove false positives or we will witness the dawn of a new scientific era.

For the one interested, the video is here.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

RERT

Post by RERT »

Does anyone know whether they are raising money or executing any other transactions prior to the orbital test?

RERT

Post by RERT »

Sorry, that wasn't completely random: I'd be more suspicious of fraudulent hype if they are trying to raise money at the moment. I looked on EDGAR, but failed to find anything. Probably not a public company yet.

FWIW the video promo did its job, which I take it is selling their story. Most interesting was the short list of false-positive causes they had tried and failed to eliminate.

Just going to have to wait...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

They do not seem to be looking for any external funding for now, which means that they are quite convinced of their results.

RERT

Post by RERT »

RERT wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:17 pm
...failed to eliminate.
I meant "failed to find", i.e. they had eliminated XYZ as causing the apparent thrust.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

RERT wrote:
Most interesting was the short list of false-positive causes they had tried and failed to eliminate.
An orbital test is probably the best thing they could do (since they seemingly can afford it; thanks to SpaceX rideshare for lowering the cost). Let's face it, no amount of ground testing would suffice to convince the general scientific community, the claim is too extraordinary. If the satellite starts maneuvering around, they have something immediately commercially viable. If not, they've saved the cost of endless cycles of ground testing trying to convince a first customer.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

And it will be quite a good shake up to the fossilized scientific institutions.
I am really curious to see how this will end.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Carl White wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:39 am
RERT wrote:
Most interesting was the short list of false-positive causes they had tried and failed to eliminate.
An orbital test is probably the best thing they could do (since they seemingly can afford it; thanks to SpaceX rideshare for lowering the cost). Let's face it, no amount of ground testing would suffice to convince the general scientific community, the claim is too extraordinary. If the satellite starts maneuvering around, they have something immediately commercially viable. If not, they've saved the cost of endless cycles of ground testing trying to convince a first customer.
Elon Musk has led the way. Build stuff. Test it. Don't waste too much time on theory.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

That was not possible until just few years ago due to prohibitive cost of sending anything into orbit.
The actual cheap access to space and the continuous cost reduction will soon make it less expensive to directly test in outer space than to test in a designed facility.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

For those interested:
Join us in June as we make history for the betterment of human kind. This is for those of us crazy enough to risk it all in the name of scientific progression.
https://twitter.com/ivo_ltd/status/1648903692160999424

There's a four-minute Youtube video embedded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7rgJAGoE0