So In other other news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Robthebob

So In other other news

Post by Robthebob »

I got an internship with AFRL, (doing stuff i dont know how to do), gonna try to build some relations there. This is much later tho, I wanna be able to get funded doing polywell related stuff, but through the Air Force, if the Navy is doing it, why not the Air Force.

So I dont think i need to worry about money for a little while, and also just personally, I dont like how emc2 is refusing help like that, they're doing fine, but if everyone involved came together and delegate tasks, which means they still arent competing with each other, then the progress would go much faster.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

paperburn1

Re: So In other other news

Post by paperburn1 »

Robthebob wrote:I got an internship with AFRL, (doing stuff i dont know how to do), gonna try to build some relations there. This is much later tho, I wanna be able to get funded doing polywell related stuff, but through the Air Force, if the Navy is doing it, why not the Air Force.

So I dont think i need to worry about money for a little while, and also just personally, I dont like how emc2 is refusing help like that, they're doing fine, but if everyone involved came together and delegate tasks, which means they still arent competing with each other, then the progress would go much faster.
Rob that would make too much sense
You have not been working long with the government :D
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

mattman

Post by mattman »

Rob,

Don't let pessimism or pessimistic folks get to you. It is easy to get frustrated.

I think that the leadership is lacking. There is no shortage of ideas, or enthusiastic smart people.

Things are changing. The amount of people investigating this idea is growing week by week.

Hopefully with cooperation, we can work through the problems.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

mattman wrote:Rob,

Don't let pessimism or pessimistic folks get to you. It is easy to get frustrated.

I think that the leadership is lacking. There is no shortage of ideas, or enthusiastic smart people.

Things are changing. The amount of people investigating this idea is growing week by week.

He is correct ROB I just have a bad taste dealing with the bureaucracy of NAVAIR. but things are changing, hopefully for the better.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

paperburn1 wrote:
mattman wrote:Rob,

He is correct ROB I just have a bad taste dealing with the bureaucracy of NAVAIR. but things are changing, hopefully for the better.
They may be going slow(er than we like) but at least they are moving forward. Someone has to think it has at least a decent chance to work or the money plug would have been pulled by now considering the cuts going around.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

That is what I think.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

man ladajo... man....

fact of the matter is, regardless of what happens, I'm going to do polywell research in the future, with or without the aid of emc2.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Robthebob wrote:man ladajo... man....

fact of the matter is, regardless of what happens, I'm going to do polywell research in the future, with or without the aid of emc2.
That is the spirit. I'm doing some microprocessor work these days as I promised a few years back at IEC Fusion Tech. If it pans out I'll be glad to donate effort to the project.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Robthebob wrote:man ladajo... man....

Hang in there. You are taking action, that is more than most.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)