Investment

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

sd_matt

Investment

Post by sd_matt »

Hi All

I'm a long time lurker. Since around 2009 when I watched "Should Google go Nuclear?". I invested $150 in Eric Lerner's dense plasma focus. I'm aware that particular company is high risk. I would gladly lose $2000 just to hope to be on the ground floor of some of these other companies. But will Helion, Tri Alpha, Zap or others (for example) do something like what Lerner is doing (wefunder)? Or do we all have to wait for an IPO? I sent out a few emails to no avail. Just wondering what anyone else knows WRT to the possibility of small money being able to invest.

I personally believe that a couple fusion companies will be like buying Amazon stock in 1999.

By the way is Polywell truly dead? It's been a couple years since we last heard from Dr. Park.

crowberry

Re: Investment

Post by crowberry »

sd_matt wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:36 am
Hi All

I'm a long time lurker. Since around 2009 when I watched "Should Google go Nuclear?". I invested $150 in Eric Lerner's dense plasma focus. I'm aware that particular company is high risk. I would gladly lose $2000 just to hope to be on the ground floor of some of these other companies. But will Helion, Tri Alpha, Zap or others (for example) do something like what Lerner is doing (wefunder)? Or do we all have to wait for an IPO? I sent out a few emails to no avail. Just wondering what anyone else knows WRT to the possibility of small money being able to invest.

I personally believe that a couple fusion companies will be like buying Amazon stock in 1999.

By the way is Polywell truly dead? It's been a couple years since we last heard from Dr. Park.
Even rather small fusion devices will easily cost several millions of dollars and the costs will only grow when the devices are scaled up towards fusion relevant conditions. This makes it less interesting for most of the companies to deal with a large number of small investors and they tend to go in the opposite direction with a small number of large investors.

According to these two posts by ladajo there is simulation studies ongoing at EMC2:
https://www.talk-polywell.org/bb/viewto ... 73#p133373
https://www.talk-polywell.org/bb/viewto ... 86#p133486

Skipjack

Re: Investment

Post by Skipjack »

What crowberry said regarding investors.
I know that at least Helion won't do an IPO until at least when they have put power to the grid.
As for Polywell, last I heard, EMC2 was no longer listed as a corporation :(