News story summarizing current contenders

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

JoeStrout
Site Admin

News story summarizing current contenders

Post by JoeStrout »

Joe Strout
Talk-Polywell.org site administrator

mvanwink5

Re: News story summarizing current contenders

Post by mvanwink5 »

Helion mentioned in one sentence, and that is about funding. Zap Energy is not mentioned. Funny how Gates' project always gets a big splash (Gates is a grifter always on the prowl for magic government money).
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

mvanwink5 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:39 pm
Helion mentioned in one sentence, and that is about funding. Zap Energy is not mentioned. Funny how Gates' project always gets a big splash (Gates is a grifter always on the prowl for magic government money).
I lamented that as well. The article seems to be based on the latest INFUSE recipients (which ZAP did not apply for this year and Helion is not participating in in general).

daveklingler

Post by daveklingler »

Zap is mentioned at the end of the MIFTI paragraph.

Amazing that Gates will spend a hundred or two hundred million just to get $50000 in free government money. Sigh. What a grifter.

That's the first time I've heard of Helicity Space. I couldn't find anything of substance on their website. Looks like they just threw up a PP.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

daveklingler wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:25 am
Zap is mentioned at the end of the MIFTI paragraph.

Amazing that Gates will spend a hundred or two hundred million just to get $50000 in free government money. Sigh. What a grifter.

That's the first time I've heard of Helicity Space. I couldn't find anything of substance on their website. Looks like they just threw up a PP.
Helicityspace is interesting but lacking funding. Their approach is sort of similar to Helion's but is using Plectonemes instead of FRCs and they are not colliding them head on, but merging them at an angle. They too are a spin- off of the UW.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

daveklingler wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:25 am
They are mainly focusing on space engines based on a phenomena called "Magnetic Helicity".
If you are interested to know more we discussed about their idea one year ago on this thread.

Unfortunately since then there has been no news from their side.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.