Question on displaying images

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

D Tibbets

Question on displaying images

Post by D Tibbets »

I have read instructions before, but I cannot find any link to them, so...
How do you link images so that they show up on this forum. I know you cannot upload directly, but with the proper prefix or suffix(?) you can display the images here. I have tried cutting an pasting my image link inside of others containers, but no luck. What am I missing?

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

You need to place the image on a site that can be directly accessed, a site like photobucket or wikimedia. Then you place the direct link URL inside the set.
Like this:

Good luck.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Thanks, after studing you example and doing some finagling, I think I've figured it out.

This original paste didn't work.

But, after deleting non directory information it did. (deleted--- ?action=view&current= --- )

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

In photobucket, if you right click (I think but I cna't check cuz my system here at work won't let me connect to photobucket) on the image you want to show there should be a drop-down menu that includes a "direct link". Copy that URL and you won't have to futz with all the directory stuff. At least it works for me!

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Heck, after messing around a bit, I found that they (Photobucket) actually have an image link! It already contains the " " code! And you don't have to right click or anything. You DO have to left click on the link to highlight it in order to copy it, but...

BenTC

Post by BenTC »

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.