Request to enable tapatalk for talk-polywell.org

Discuss the talk-polywell site itself, including appearance, policies, and help-wanted requests from the administrators.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

tapatalk-polywell.org?

No, no way! We wouldn't like people using mobile devices to browse our forum. They are mean and poorly mannered.
No votes
Yes, of course! This would elevate user awareness, improve forum's accessibility and be generally nice.
100%

Total votes: 4

polyill

Request to enable tapatalk for talk-polywell.org

Post by polyill »

Hi,

Could Tapatalk be enabled on this forum, please?

Tapatalk is an Android/Apple application that enables to read/post on many different forums from a mobile device.
Tapatalk offers a free basic kit to enable a certain forum to use Tapatalk.

I am not affiliated with Tapatalk in any way. I am using the app and would like to have access to talk-polywell from my android phone.

Thanks in advance

Roger

Re: Request to enable tapatalk for talk-polywell.org

Post by Roger »

polyill wrote: my android phone.

Thanks in advance
I recently bought a Droid, but I just dont use it to surf the web that much. For me, If I want to read something over 200-300 words a phone is not practical. Constant scrolling and/or swiping is not big with me.

Not to say that a mobile app for Talk Polywell wouldnt be cool.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

polyill

Post by polyill »

I read on-line for about 8hrs a day, 30% of the time on my mobile.

I'd be good with access via Tapatalk app. I don't need a custom Talk-Polywell app, that would cost money. A simple access is free, from what I figure out of their site.

randomencounter

Post by randomencounter »

The newer smart phones are getting up towards paperback format viewing space, which seems reasonable to me for large amounts of text.

On the gripping hand, a slight tweak of the column format to be more narrow-screen friendly would probably go further to accessibility.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

I recently had a computer that was set up for "portrait" viewing rather than landscape, and the columns here adjusted fine unless there was an oversize item in the post.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Same for me as Kiteman reports. Unless there is something in the post that keeps the table wide, it should render at whatever width your browser is using.

polyill

Post by polyill »

for me, the Tapatalk app is more convenient, than browser.
Also, my phone has 480x800 display. It's not much.

polyill

Post by polyill »

uh... bump