Letters to editors

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

jlumartinez

Letters to editors

Post by jlumartinez »

To get an article about Polywell published in a magazine is quite difficult. BUT, a good way of having a short reference published in those magazines is by writing a "letter to the editor". You can email a short letter to be written identically as you have typed saying for example: " I have been a reader of your magazine for a long time. I am surprised that you haven´t commented the news about a merging concept of fusion reactor called Polywell. Its has been financed by the US Navy for more than 10 years. Its advantages are ... etc ..... You can get further details in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywell "

This an effective way of obtaining publicity of Polywell and giving the opportunity to many people of being informed of its existence.

I have already sent a letter like this to the most famous popular-science magazine in Spain. You could do the same with other popular magazines. Let´s start to roll the snowball .... Opinions?

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

An excellent idea.

Whatever happened to the magazine Omni, is that still around ?

MSimon

LTE

Post by MSimon »

Letters to the editor should be kept short. 200 words max.

100 words better.

jlumartinez

Post by jlumartinez »

I have just send it these days. If it is not too late for the formating task schedule it will appear in the next month issue. I completely agree that the shorter it is the bigger possibilities of being published . Mine has 108 words with a generic title "Nuclear Fusion".

I encourage you to do the same in your favorites magazines. Popular-science magazines are the most suitable to find readers interested in the topic

esecallum

Post by esecallum »

i was going to post a suggstion but decided not to.

Nanos

Post by Nanos »

Don't be shy :-)

I wouldn't worry about putting forward any ideas, your never going to make everyone happy whatever you say, so you may as well say your piece.