Aneutronics: to Slow the Rising Tide

Discuss ways to make polywell research more widely known or better understood. Includes education and outreach.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

classicpenny

Aneutronics: to Slow the Rising Tide

Post by classicpenny »

Go to polywellnuclearfusion.com and download "Aneutronics: to Slow the Rising Tide". (It's a free PDF, and very easy to download: just click on "Aneutronics: to Slow the Rising Tide" at the top of the home page.) Then read the suggestions on the last page of the PDF and take action. This may be the best thing you can do to save Earth from chaos.

ohiovr

Re: Aneutronics: to Slow the Rising Tide

Post by ohiovr »

Hi Bill,

We're all dreamers here. Its good to have people engage in our dreams. I can also appreciate the mathematical propeller head stuff as I too am a propeller head.

Proton boron fusion is about the most difficult type of fusion to do. I'd settle for D-T fusion if I thought it would work. Even D-D fusion is hugely more difficult than D-T and p-B fusion is out of this world hard. 200 million for funding is not a big basket to lose for a nation state if it turned out to be a failure. After all sheva, nova, NIF, all turned out to be boondoggles and they wasted several orders of magnitude more money on it than Bussard had a chance to. To make matters worse, they never gave up!

The carbon nitrogen fusion cycle could be viable if they only knew how to cheaply collect those photons. I read a facinating point the other day. If PV solar cells are .5 mm thick (the same thickness as five sheets of ordinary copy paper) and 1 square meter in size, the total amount of silicon used is a bit more than a kilogram. Semiconductor grade purity silicon costs about $100 per kilogram. It seems obvious to me that isn't not going to get hugely cheaper doing it that way any time soon. The best they could hope for is improving efficiency.

If you want to use technology to change the world, you will be better off appealing to people's greed than their fear. Give people an economic incentive and they will follow the route of your invention. Is there some law in the universe that shows unequivocally that energy alternatives will forever be far more expensive than coal and oil? I think to believe so requires a bit of chronic pessimism however I wouldn't hold it against someone who thinks so. But what if there was a way for the average person, to profit from energy product production personally? Well then ecological progress would naturally follow economic progress in this situation.

How does $2050 sound for a 2 kilowatt electric generator + 4.5 Kw heat source complete with grid power transfer sound? No ecological impact, occupies about 8 square meters of your land. I'd buy one in a minute if I could. It would pay for itself in only 2 years and over a 30 year period could generate over $20 grand in energy products without subsidies. Its a ten bagger for the average home owner. Its no more fantastic than proton boron fusion but I don't have to twist my government and utility's arm to get it and I could personally profit from it. It doesn't use rare or exotic materials and can be made locally. Its not even high tech, although the discovery that made it possible came recently in unrelated research. You might laugh when I tell you what it is:

vacuum tube technology

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

:?: What manifestation of vacuum tube tech are you proposing for 2kW electric + 4.5kW heat generation :?:
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

hanelyp wrote::?: What manifestation of vacuum tube tech are you proposing for 2kW electric + 4.5kW heat generation :?:

Thermionic Converter tube

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

With what heat source?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

hanelyp wrote:With what heat source?
Anything you want, but solar would be the cheapest depending on where you live. At night you can burn hydrogen. Most of the money is in the solar tracker but nobody has bothered to mass produce them for residential applications.