Lend a hand please

Consider specific people in the fusion research community, business, or politics who should be made aware of polywell research, and how we might reach them.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Roger

Lend a hand please

Post by Roger »

The physical time constants for the system for demonstrating refueling (the effective energy and particle confinement times) are far, far less that 10 minutes to get to what is effectively a steady state. Anything beyond a few tens of time constants is unnecessary when demonstrating steady state operation for a physics demonstration. Anything beyond that is engineering development and adds cost and complexity for no compelling reason. There is plenty of physics to study between where they are now and an effective steady state. They will probably run into operating limits due to space charge limitations and micro-instabilities driven by non-thermal energy distributions and large gradients in the system.
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/for ... 3006482931
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

I haven't spent a lot of time reading the forums at arstechnica, but from what I've seen, some of the posters don't have much in the way of social graces. And what seems like a tendency to nit-pick things rather than keep sight of the big picture.
The WB7 trials are this august, so there's only a month or two of arguing before EMC2 may make a lot of forum arguments moot.

drmike

Post by drmike »

Betruger wrote: The WB7 trials are this august, so there's only a month or two of arguing before EMC2 may make a lot of forum arguments moot.
Yup. But it's fun while we wait!

tonybarry

Post by tonybarry »

Hello Roger,
I signed up, but found the posts to be a little picky. I offered my two cents worth, citing rnebel's statements on MSNBC.

Regards,
Tony Barry

Roger

Post by Roger »

tonybarry wrote:Hello Roger,
I signed up, but found the posts to be a little picky.
Yes, my impression was picky too.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.