Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Schneibster »

C'mon, guys, Popular Science closed down their comments site because you GW deniers took over and harassed everyone else off it.

What do you have to say for yourselves?

Why should anyone here believe you haven't done the same thing here, considering how you make up fake complaints to send to the management? This is obvious harassment. Why do you think this will float?

Because this site is biased and it's always worked before?

How corrupt.

Are you actually here to discuss fusion, or just to deny global warming? Because anyone who knows anything about fusion knows global warming is not a hoax. There's too much evidence. There's nowhere left to hide. I'll argue it with you if you like, but only if you state in public you won't kick me off if I win.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

This crap is infamous and shameless. There will be reckoning.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Sounds like if I start quoting from http://wattsupwiththat.com/ it'll make our latest antagonist's head explode.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

hanelyp wrote:Sounds like if I start quoting from http://wattsupwiththat.com/ it'll make our latest antagonist's head explode.
Unfortunately everything on that site is proven false by http://www.realclimate.org.

RealClimate has the advantage of being written by atmospheric and oceanic geophysicists who work for universities in the public interest, not meteorologists and geologists paid by the fossil fuel industry like Watt. Speaking of exploding heads.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

Since I added the dude to my blacklist the forums are much easier to read now. And yeah WUWT has pretty much trashed AGW theory into the ground. It was an interesting theory that was contorted and twisted to produce as much money and power as possible by the left. It's proponents use nothing but FUD to spread it and when faced with actual data analysis it falls apart horrible. Their error bars are so large that often you can't even be sure if the number is negative or positive.

The funniest is they recently said "we're 95% confident we're right" upon which I respond with vs being less then 95% confident in the past when you were telling us the "science is settled"? Where did they come up with this 95% number? What metric was used to determine 0, 10, 25, 50, 100 confidence? And didn't the high priests of they're order scream and demand that they were 100%? Were they lying then about being 100% or are they lying now about being 95%?

Yeah so many emotional arguments being used.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

GIThruster wrote:Only they're not "anti-scientific views". They're objections to a pseudo-scientific view there is to date NO EVIDENCE FOR.
Insult and a lie.
Current certainty of global warming: 95%
Current certainty of human cause of global warming: 95%
Reference: AR5
GIThruster wrote:You want to close down discussion, because you are too feeble minded to actually have an intelligent discussion of these matters.
Personal insult reported.
GIThruster wrote:Just like the progressives who supported eugenics and the slaughter of the jews.
GIThruster wrote:You're a Nazi.
GIThruster wrote:Wake up.
I suppose I could report another insult but it seems redundant.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

palladin9479 wrote:Since I added the dude to my blacklist the forums are much easier to read now. And yeah WUWT has pretty much trashed AGW theory into the ground. It was an interesting theory that was contorted and twisted to produce as much money and power as possible by the left. It's proponents use nothing but FUD to spread it and when faced with actual data analysis it falls apart horrible. Their error bars are so large that often you can't even be sure if the number is negative or positive.

The funniest is they recently said "we're 95% confident we're right" upon which I respond with vs being less then 95% confident in the past when you were telling us the "science is settled"? Where did they come up with this 95% number? What metric was used to determine 0, 10, 25, 50, 100 confidence? And didn't the high priests of they're order scream and demand that they were 100%? Were they lying then about being 100% or are they lying now about being 95%?

Yeah so many emotional arguments being used.
Is this Poe?

If this individual is serious, this is the most unbelievable series of lies I have ever seen in my life.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Seriously, if Popular Science shut down its comment section and it was my fault, I'd be embarrassed.

These people have no shame.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Schneibster wrote:
ladajo wrote:The sad part is that he really thinks that everyone here on Talk-Polywell is against Global Warming.
You're lying again.

So you know all the communications have already been copied; kicking me off will not stop me from documenting your antics on my blog.

I am going denier hunting.

You have been pwnt. Surrender or be named, shamed, blamed, and defamed.
I am quaking in my boots clown. Knock yourself out.

I am sure to be amused at my "antics" on your "blog".

So, why is this guy still here when he is making personal threats?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

Schneibster wrote:You are gonna be so sorry Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons.
You guys argue all you want; I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with global warming.

Hey, Schneibbie, any relation to Bill Schmalfeldt? You write a lot like him.
Perrin Ehlinger

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

ladajo wrote:
Schneibster wrote:
ladajo wrote:The sad part is that he really thinks that everyone here on Talk-Polywell is against Global Warming.
You're lying again.

So you know all the communications have already been copied; kicking me off will not stop me from documenting your antics on my blog.

I am going denier hunting.

You have been pwnt. Surrender or be named, shamed, blamed, and defamed.
I am quaking in my boots clown. Knock yourself out.

I am sure to be amused at my "antics" on your "blog".

So, why is this guy still here when he is making personal threats?
You must have missed all the other personal threats because i did not see you making comments about them? Some of them in this very thread so wtf selective reading?
Or are you just trying silence dissenting voices?

And just to compare: threatening to be named, shamed, blamed and defamed is trumped by threats of physical violence.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Scupperer wrote:
Schneibster wrote:You are gonna be so sorry Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons.
You guys argue all you want; I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with global warming.
Who do you think will be doing the starving when the prime growing regions all move north onto the glacier-scraped granite? They won't be able to grow enough wheat and rice to feed themselves. What do you suppose they will do with those nukes when they start starving and having food riots?
Scupperer wrote:Hey, Schneibbie, any relation to Bill Schmalfeldt? You write a lot like him.
Nope.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I do have to say , Mr. S came out with guns blazing the moment he perceived a slight. Most of us polyweller have to work up to that intensity. I have seen worse on this board, but not by much. So for that reason I have not blocked him yet. he may come around and be a useful contributor. only time will tell.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Stubby wrote:You must have missed all the other personal threats because i did not see you making comments about them? Some of them in this very thread so wtf selective reading?
Or are you just trying silence dissenting voices?

And just to compare: threatening to be named, shamed, blamed and defamed is trumped by threats of physical violence.
Actually, it wasn't a threat- it was a promise. The site review is already written. I'm not posting it now because it's looking like this was all a scam.

I figured that if everybody was going to start reporting chickencrap, I'd just get my licks in too.

Thanks for your support, BTW.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

paperburn1 wrote:I do have to say , Mr. S came out with guns blazing the moment he perceived a slight. Most of us polyweller have to work up to that intensity. I have seen worse on this board, but not by much. So for that reason I have not blocked him yet. he may come around and be a useful contributor. only time will tell.
I didn't think it was so bad considering the amount of BS about global warming you guys were pumping out.

AR5 is pretty much the end of it. When they announce they're 95% certain in science, it's equivalent to "beyond a reasonable doubt" in court. Here, see for yourself: http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/1/1 ... /fulltext/

Thanks to IOP for making this important explanation for the non-technical reader of scientific levels of certainty related to more familiar measures, available to the public free of charge.