Benghazi: the gift that keeps on giving

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

hanelyp

Re: Benghazi: the gift that keeps on giving

Post by hanelyp »

First, you need to elect a legislative majority and chief executive friendly to real reform, despite a bureaucracy aligned against it.
Second, the legal code is reformed to need far fewer bureaucrats to administer it.
Third, excess bureaucrats are dismissed from employment, those suspected of misconduct going first.
Forth, I fear a riot must be put down.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Second, the legal code is reformed to need far fewer bureaucrats to administer it.
The problem here is that Obama Inc. has spent the last six years ignoring law and legislation.

"Go ahead Congress, legislate something, I will ignore it anyway. I see it as a non-binding resolution."

It is utterly amazing to me how blantantly Obama Inc. now ignores the law. At least in the beginning, they were more sneaky about it.
Now they just do what they want.

"Go ahead Congress, find someone in comtempt with a 2/3 majority. Doesn't matter, cause Ima jus gonna tell the Attourney General to ignore it."

And so on, and so forth...

The only answer to this silliness is for the Tea Party and Republicans to gain a 2/3 in both houses and go for impeachment.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

The bureaucrats do what the executive tells them to do. If the executive wants the EPA to go out and make trouble by redefining what is a pollutant, to include human exhaust gasses, then that's what they're going to do. If they're told at the IRS to persecute conservatives and Tea Party supporters, then that's what they're going to do. Bureaucrats are however, political appointees, and they can be removed just as easily as politicians, by those politicians.

The real turn around has to come from the conservatives. It is obvious, the country wants fiscal responsibility more than they want low taxes. If the Republicans continue to pretend the Tea Party elected politicians are there to keep taxes low, and that the tax level is the real issue rather than spending, then those Republicans will find themselves looking for new work, because The People are fed up with politicians spending money they don't have. That is what needs to change first and foremost.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

ladajo wrote:
The problem here is that Obama Inc. has spent the last six years ignoring law and legislation.
Note my step one, you need to elect a legislative majority and chief executive friendly to real reform. Which is unlikely to happen before the 2016 election, short of steps I hesitate to suggest.

Which all presumes the Republic can hold on that long.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The problem is people try and fix this problem from the top down. that will not work you need to fix it from the bottom up. Start with local elections and the state elections. This is where you federal guys originate from.
You kill this problem from the bottom up, it takes much longer but the results are better.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

The problem is people try and fix this problem from the top down. that will not work you need to fix it from the bottom up. Start with local elections and the state elections. This is where you federal guys originate from.
You kill this problem from the bottom up, it takes much longer but the results are better.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Kind of a relief to hear someone else sees it that way.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I see it that way as well. I just worry that we don't have enough time before the flaming slow motion train wreck hits the mountain.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

hanelyp wrote:First, you need to elect a legislative majority and chief executive friendly to real reform, despite a bureaucracy aligned against it.
Third, excess bureaucrats are dismissed from employment, those suspected of misconduct going first.
Forth, I fear a riot must be put down.

The Bureaucracy would rather see the nation burn than to lose their cushy sinecures.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

paperburn1 wrote:The problem is people try and fix this problem from the top down. that will not work you need to fix it from the bottom up. Start with local elections and the state elections. This is where you federal guys originate from.

No. The problem is that Urban Liberal Democrat Union members are the sole determiners of the national voice. They decide what gets discussed, how important it is, and what people ought to think about it. They move huge swaths of the electorate with their propaganda disguised as "News" and "Entertainment", and until they are countered or destroyed, there will be no fixing what is wrong with this nation.

You can elect whomever you want. When the Media people decided to destroy them, they will generally get destroyed. If they become a problem, the Entire Media apparatus will be turned against them, and they will be portrayed as "The other".

The real power in this country is the power of moving the electorate. That power is in the hands of people who have a twisted understanding of reality and history, and until we pry that power out of their hands, we will always be subject to their abuses.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

And Here, let me give you an example.

ABC footing the bill for NYC marriage licenses ahead of 'Modern Family' season finale -- VIDEO

In a heartwarming publicity stunt, ABC is paying for New York City couples to get married to promote Cam and Mitchell’s upcoming wedding on the season finale of ABC’s Modern Family.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/12/moder ... -marriage/
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

And another example. Media=Democrat Political party.

http://americanthinker.com/blog/2014/05 ... _ties.html
— Lord Melbourne —

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

ladajo wrote:I see it that way as well. I just worry that we don't have enough time before the flaming slow motion train wreck hits the mountain.
I want to say what I think, but it's way too long. It involves showing in contiguous detail how a handful of the most successful people I know reacted this way and actually followed thru, and were wrong (the world still isn't over, nor has society collapsed, nor is there no technological (to put it briefly) light at the end of the political tunnel). Contiguous detailing of how they were definitely smart and well informed, hence successful. Successful enough to have the means to go completely off the grid, intention being to take their families out of harm's way when it hits the fan. Not nuclear bunker and gung ho self defense, but liquidated assets and safe houses in picturesque tropical middles of nowhere.

It's just hard to not see something fishy going on when consistently the predictions fail, especially when it's by better people than you (me).
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

JLawson

Post by JLawson »

Diogenes wrote:I think I and others are getting to the point where a sh*t we do not give if someone thinks we're racists. We can thank Obama for that as well. He's made everything "Racist", which had become just a code word he and his supporters use to cover up the fact that he is a complete imbecile and that everything he does is an unmitigated failure.

Yes, Obama has done wonders for racism in America. The Racists have been saying all along that a Black man wasn't capable of leading a first world nation, and D*mned if Obama didn't come along and do everything he could to make them look right. He is an utter embarrassment. Jimmy Carter was an improvement over this guy, and he was the stupidest President we ever had prior to Obama.

So what do we do? Well, the only way I know to get the bad taste of Obama out of our mouths is to elect a competent black President. Someone who can redeem the utterly horrible impression that Obama has left on the rest of the world. Someone with accomplishments, and someone who knows what the h3ll they are doing. I have three suggestions.

1. Allen West.
This guy is the best. Great Military leader, and willing to put his men's best interest ahead of his own. My first choice.

2. Dr. Ben Carson.
Brilliant retired neurosurgeon and someone who got where he did through hard work and sacrifice.

3. Herman Cain.
Highly successful businessman with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and the first person to actual propose fixing the tax/budget problem.

Any one of these men could spank Obama in a debate and by contrasting their successful lives against his accomplishment free life they could demonstrate him to be the naked Emperor that he is.
Back when Obama was running in '08, I figured there must be something more to him than I was seeing. He had no record of accomplishments, no leadership ability, no apparent ability to do anything but be charismatic as hell in front of a teleprompter. But any time anyone pointed that out, the lynch mob showed up to string up the objector for racism.

But facts are facts. We elected someone who was incapable of doing the job, showed no aptitude for it, and has no apparent desire to learn from his mistakes.

I'd vote in a heartbeat for any of the three you mention. Capability and competence knows no color. I REALLY hope Ben Carson runs - but a West-Carson ticket's got pretty much no chance of making it through the Republican hierarchy. You have the old farts who've maneuvered and waited for decades for their chance to grab the brass ring - like McCain - and they'll not let any line jumpers get ahead of them. It's not about the good of the country for them- it's their turn dammit, and they'll not let anyone get by them.
When opinion and reality conflict - guess which one is going to win in the long run.