school closed in mid november due to snow

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ohiovr

school closed in mid november due to snow

Post by ohiovr »

This very rarely happens in Marion Ohio

If school gets closed due to snow in October next year there will be some very scared main stream climatologists.

GIThruster

Re: school closed in mid november due to snow

Post by GIThruster »

Snowfall and other local weather events don't have any connection with the absolute temperature of the planet. It is just the media who takes every noteworthy bit of weather news and spins it as climate related, that leaves people with this impression. Indeed, the planet could heat quite a bit and seem cooler locally, or cool and seem hotter. The two are not related except that the warmer the planet becomes, the more violent one would expect the magnitude of its worst storms, though even this is in question.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Snow in Siberia affects NH climate. It was early and extensive this year.

Predictions are for earlier and even more extensive for at least 30 years. This is a consequence of well known ocean oscillations and a decline in solar energy. We have just completed a 1,000 year maximum.

Evidently CO2 is not as strong a GH gas as the modelers predict. That is caused by two things.

Recent PNAS paper says the oceans do not absorb long wave back radiation from CO2. That radiation just causes evaporation. So CO2 has no effect on 70% of the planet.

In addition the bands where CO2 is effective are already mostly covered by water vapor. So the effect of CO2 is negligible.

You have been lied to. So why do the lies continue? It is profitable. And gives the liars power and control. Remind you of any other areas of government involvement?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

GIThruster wrote:Snowfall and other local weather events don't have any connection with the absolute temperature of the planet. It is just the media who takes every noteworthy bit of weather news and spins it as climate related, that leaves people with this impression. Indeed, the planet could heat quite a bit and seem cooler locally, or cool and seem hotter. The two are not related except that the warmer the planet becomes, the more violent one would expect the magnitude of its worst storms, though even this is in question.

Could be, but in Marion Ohio we had an unbelievably cool summer. We couldn't of had more than 10 days above 80 degrees and several days were 70 or cooler. The winter before that was unusually cold too. How many years of unbelievable cold weather does it take to start thinking about models?

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

MSimon wrote:Snow in Siberia affects NH climate. It was early and extensive this year.

Predictions are for earlier and even more extensive for at least 30 years. This is a consequence of well known ocean oscillations and a decline in solar energy. We have just completed a 1,000 year maximum.

Evidently CO2 is not as strong a GH gas as the modelers predict. That is caused by two things.

Recent PNAS paper says the oceans do not absorb long wave back radiation from CO2. That radiation just causes evaporation. So CO2 has no effect on 70% of the planet.

In addition the bands where CO2 is effective are already mostly covered by water vapor. So the effect of CO2 is negligible.

You have been lied to. So why do the lies continue? It is profitable. And gives the liars power and control. Remind you of any other areas of government involvement?
Russian winters are ruining everything and we haven't even invaded yet!

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

It is really too bad AGW is "paused." I have oil heat and it sucks. ($$$)
Now I have to pay extra and food prices will also probably increase over time.
I think shorter growing seasons, stunted crops are good possibilities.

Sigh.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

JoeP wrote:It is really too bad AGW is "paused." I have oil heat and it sucks. ($$$)

Sigh.
A friend of mine has a small field he farms. This year he was growing soybeans and he lamented that they were still green near this time of year. I should ask him if got them out in time.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

JoeP wrote:It is really too bad AGW is "paused." I have oil heat and it sucks. ($$$)

Sigh.
The solar guys predict a Dalton or Maunder type minimum. The expectation is that we will not see a warmer climate until 2100.

Now short season crops are probably not a problem. Except given the time frame involved they will need to be GMOed in a hurry.

The question then is: will Europeans prefer to eat GMO crops or starve? Americans are generally not so picky.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

MSimon wrote:

Sigh.
The solar guys predict a Dalton or Maunder type minimum. The expectation is that we will not see a warmer climate until 2100.

Now short season crops are probably not a problem. Except given the time frame involved they will need to be GMOed in a hurry.

The question then is: will Europeans prefer to eat GMO crops or starve? Americans are generally not so picky.
I don't think GMO can produce the miracle of more photosynthetic productivity without causing, how should I say? Unwanted dire consequences.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

ohiovr wrote:

Sigh.
A friend of mine has a small field he farms. This year he was growing soybeans and he lamented that they were still green near this time of year. I should ask him if got them out in time.
Good news is that He did get his crops out in time, but it was close.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I have my own greenhouse and try to grow as much stuff as I can. In winter the choices are limited. :cry:
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

I don't think GMO can produce the miracle of more photosynthetic productivity without causing, how should I say? Unwanted dire consequences.
What would be these unwanted dire consequences? Americans have been eating GMO food for 30 years with no known dire consequences.

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

MSimon wrote:
What would be these unwanted dire consequences? Americans have been eating GMO food for 30 years with no known dire consequences.
Imagine what would happen if someone was able to design an algae species that was 4x as photosynthetically productive as normal algae, it dominate any water way it got into. I wouldn't be suprised if they are working on exactly this thing for some BS biofuel idea.

Other bright ideas include designing a microorganism that fixes nitrogen on any kind of plant... well.. look what almost happened:

http://online.sfsu.edu/rone/GEessays/Kl ... icola.html

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

Don't you know, AGW "Climate Change" cause's cooling too. The recent cooling is just a temporarily set back, the oceans are stealing all the heat and will release it "someday" soon and kill everyone, unless you give me all your money so I can make a scientifically agreed upon "fix"!!!

ohiovr

Post by ohiovr »

palladin9479 wrote:Don't you know, AGW "Climate Change" cause's cooling too. The recent cooling is just a temporarily set back, the oceans are stealing all the heat and will release it "someday" soon and kill everyone, unless you give me all your money so I can make a scientifically agreed upon "fix"!!!
I think algore could fix global cooling by taking his billions from his global warming investments, and burning them! ha ha!