10 Stupid Ideas for Mucking Up The Climate

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

10 Stupid Ideas for Mucking Up The Climate

Post by Jccarlton »

I'm not going to say how stupid it is to play with systems that are huge, unpredictable and have slow responses. I will say that I have to think that the people who come up with these kind of ideas have never spent time with a boat, especially a large boat.
http://alfin2100.blogspot.com/2010/01/w ... nyway.html

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

The Bering Strait dam is a very novel concept, pioneered by Sorbel, and appropriated by the Venus Project.

I'd like to see it built simply because it would prove our species' prowess of achieving extraoridinary things. ;)
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Josh Cryer wrote:The Bering Strait dam is a very novel concept, pioneered by Sorbel, and appropriated by the Venus Project.

I'd like to see it built simply because it would prove our species' prowess of achieving extraoridinary things. ;)
And if it trips us into an ice age?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

MSimon wrote:
Josh Cryer wrote:The Bering Strait dam is a very novel concept, pioneered by Sorbel, and appropriated by the Venus Project.

And if it trips us into an ice age?
Reverse the pumps?
Perrin Ehlinger