Christy Has Issues

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

EricF

Post by EricF »

MSimon wrote:BTW the guy was not telling the "truth". He was expounding on received wisdom. i.e. a believer.

I'm a believer too. I place my faith in doubt.

Heh.
hah!

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

djolds1 wrote:There are a number of Left Field options or indicators beyond String Theology as GUT candidates. Heim (if accurate) is just a very mature version of LQG that got a 40 year head start. Woodward. HFGWs. And I'm right now looking at a left field 5D approach that is nearly as intuitively attractive as Heim and has Woodward's (Mach-Lorentz Thruster) endorsement.
:lol:
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

Personally, I'm hoping that LQG may verify parts of Heim (whichever parts are right) and build on it. Hopefully it will get some sort of experimental feedback through Tajmar's gravity experiments too. But it's a very long shot. Oh well.

Josh Cryer

Post by Josh Cryer »

I think E8 and LQG have the best chance of succeeding. I think E8 in particular is going to continue to be filled in with LHC, though I don't think we'll have a theory in time for it to be predictive (it predicts new particles but cannot determine mass or spin). It's a visual fit.
Science is what we have learned about how not to fool ourselves about the way the world is.