ETs are shooting lasers at us, fortunately they are far away

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

zimdlg

ETs are shooting lasers at us, fortunately they are far away

Post by zimdlg »

:D

http://www.vbs.tv/en-gb/blog/ragbir-bha ... ien-hunter

if this is true I'm going to get really excited!!!
the future is near.

IntLibber

Re: ETs are shooting lasers at us, fortunately they are far

Post by IntLibber »

zimdlg wrote::D

http://www.vbs.tv/en-gb/blog/ragbir-bha ... ien-hunter

if this is true I'm going to get really excited!!!
Well he's only found one nonrepeating signal, which is exciting, but it would help if he could pinpoint what star system exactly it came from and how far away that was.

zimdlg

Post by zimdlg »

In the article he says he searched the same position but it has not repeated. Maybe it won’t, or we won’t be looking when it does. Maybe it was random noise that just looks like a signal. Maybe it is some unknown natural phenomenon. So many uncertainties, but Dr. Bhathal seems confident that it’s real.
the future is near.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

zimdlg wrote:In the article he says he searched the same position but it has not repeated. Maybe it won’t, or we won’t be looking when it does. Maybe it was random noise that just looks like a signal. Maybe it is some unknown natural phenomenon. So many uncertainties, but Dr. Bhathal seems confident that it’s real.
Yes others have apparently analysed the data and agreed it is a signal. I still want to know what star system he was pointing at or near.

It could simply have been an instance of some alien kid sitting near an alien airport pointing his laser at the sky trying to mess with pilots... or a sail probe propulsion laser slewing from target to target... or an alien civilization fighting a nuclear war with SDI lasers involved. Either way, this makes whatever that originated from a priority target for observation by other methods.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

zimdlg wrote:In the article he says he searched the same position but it has not repeated. Maybe it won’t, or we won’t be looking when it does. Maybe it was random noise that just looks like a signal. Maybe it is some unknown natural phenomenon. So many uncertainties, but Dr. Bhathal seems confident that it’s real.
I believe it was either Dr Forward or Dr. Sheffield that noted that it sould be possible to lase Mars's atmosphere. They used it to power a light sail, I think. If it can lase, perhaps there is a natural equivalent.