Hal Lewis Resigns from APS over Climate Science

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Scupperer

Hal Lewis Resigns from APS over Climate Science

Post by Scupperer »

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/10/08/h ... l-society/

Incredible. I hope this leads to a great schism in the church.
Perrin Ehlinger

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am somewhat speachless.

kcdodd

Post by kcdodd »

What you should say is that you hope it leads to more research. As Hal Lewis says, he doesn't know if CO2 causes warming in the way portrayed, but he wants to.
Carter

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

Yep, the revelations about the International group cast enough doubt to want to take a real look, in a scientific and unbiased way - and the APS wasn't doing that.

Which, as an honest scientist, should worry you no end. Science stops working if you start being biased.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

WizWom wrote:Yep, the revelations about the International group cast enough doubt to want to take a real look, in a scientific and unbiased way - and the APS wasn't doing that.

Which, as an honest scientist, should worry you no end. Science stops working if you start being biased.
You can't help bias. What hurts more is dishonesty.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

I found some of their word choices to be incontrovertibly hilarious.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

rcain

Post by rcain »

the original link is down. i think this is the same letter: http://www.thegwpf.org/ipcc-news/1670-h ... ciety.html

yes, a sharpe poke in the eye, and one straight through their own foot . bad APS!