Why you shouldn't "self-Medicate."

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Yeah that's night and day right there.

Maybe we can also get a government war on poverty, war on malnutrition, war on lack of exercise, war on stupidity, war on illiteracy, war on bad attitude, war on insomnia, war on tardiness to work, war on every thing that takes nothing but common sense to avoid.

If you see friends and strangers alike going from healthy to zombie, what do you do? Well that depends, see: if the government isn't there to guide you, why, you can't help but snort all sorts of toxic drugs.

What a joke.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

The thing is, once drugs are legal, there are all sorts of nutbags going to run arround telling your children that drugs are good for them. Probably the same nutbags that run arround right now telling people not to get vaccinated. Seeing how many people put asside all logic to believe that, I think it is easy to predict that there will be lots believing them too.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

There's a cultural feedback loop. The more nanny govt, the less people will have common sense and self reliance, and the more extra govt 'aid' they'll demand.

Drugs are here already. Legal or not. So are idiots. So legalize and make their regulation thoroughly comprehensive.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Betruger wrote:There's a cultural feedback loop. The more nanny govt, the less people will have common sense and self reliance, and the more extra govt 'aid' they'll demand.

Drugs are here already. Legal or not. So are idiots. So legalize and make their regulation thoroughly comprehensive.
And what makes you think it won't turn out like China?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Americans aren't all Diogeneses

choff

Post by choff »

You have a situation in your country where the intellgence services actively engage in drug trafficing and money laundering, in collusion with banksters. Its even the same family names that were involved with the Chinese opium trade in some cases.
The illegal nature of the trade is what currently makes it profitable. The arguement has been make that if drugs are made legal, the profit incentive will be reduced, and harm reduction strategies will reduce usage in much the same way as with the tobacco trade.
I would argue that if drugs are made legal, these same high level dealers will promote the same strategy as used in China to compensate for the reduced profitability of selling illegally. First of course, they will fight tooth and nail to keep them illegal. Once legal, they will fight tooth and nail to resist harm reduction strategies and promote mass addiction to maintain profit.
You need to go straight after these high level dealers before you can promote any rational national drug strategies, they will always skew any policy out of control until you do.
CHoff

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Betruger wrote:Americans aren't all Diogeneses
Is that an insult or a compliment?

Misses the point either way. Humans will become drug addicted if subjected to addictive drugs.

China is the real world experiment that proves it.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Misses the point either way. Humans will become drug addicted if subjected to addictive drugs.
Yup.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

China is the real world experiment that proves it.
Yupp thats why the boxers revolted. They could not stand by and watch the country got to hell.

He who wonders whether a legalization of drugs would produce a simillar riot in e.g. the US?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

What a joke. Can't even read others replies but selectively. I'm pretty sure it says black on white that there should be more comprehensive legalization of drugs. With my name next to that post.

Like alcohol is prohibited now.
ladajo wrote:
Yup.
Truism that misses the point.
Now I remember why I'd stopped reading anything by diogenes

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Betruger wrote:What a joke. Can't even read others replies but selectively. I'm pretty sure it says black on white that there should be more comprehensive legalization of drugs. With my name next to that post.

Like alcohol is prohibited now.
ladajo wrote:
Yup.
Truism that misses the point.
Now I remember why I'd stopped reading anything by diogenes

Okay, i'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying. Could you please elaborate? I'm not trying to be difficult, I really don't understand your point.
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Skipjack wrote:Yupp thats why the boxers revolted. They could not stand by and watch the country got to hell.

He who wonders whether a legalization of drugs would produce a simillar riot in e.g. the US?
I don't see why it should. Now, if other countries forced the US to legalize drugs....

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Ivy Matt wrote:
Skipjack wrote:Yupp thats why the boxers revolted. They could not stand by and watch the country got to hell.

I don't see why it should. Now, if other countries forced the US to legalize drugs....

Why would THAT make a difference? It is my belief that widespread availability of addictive drugs will result in widespread addiction. It doesn't matter HOW they get here, if they get here we are going to end up with massive numbers of addicts.
— Lord Melbourne —

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

The difference is not whether legalization would cause widespread addiction. The difference is whether there would be riots about it, as Skipjack implied. There's a difference between being let down by your elected representatives and watching your country bow to the demands of another.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

I don't think Charley Sheen is a good example. Which is the before and after photo? He has been a drug (at least alcohol) abuser for a long time. Also, again the photo technique plays a role, the lighting (from below) and the white balance of the second photo changes the appearance considerably.

And, speaking of wrinkled leathery skin, I've seen long term snow skiers that have demolished their faces.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.