Other Groups Working this Issue?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rj40

Other Groups Working this Issue?

Post by rj40 »

This may already have been covered here, so if you could, please point me to the right thread if true. In case it hasn’t; what other countries, corporations, organizations, etc. are working on the Polywell fusion concept? Are there any? How far along are they? I don’t mean just basic research, but teams specifically working toward net fusion power. I thought I saw something recently about, perhaps, the UK working this. I can’t find the darn link anymore.

I, too, am curious.....

Post by 12345 »

And hello to all and sundry.

“The spread of civilisation may be likened to a fire; First, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.”

Nicolas Tesla

MSimon

Re: Other Groups Working this Issue?

Post by MSimon »

rj40 wrote:This may already have been covered here, so if you could, please point me to the right thread if true. In case it hasn’t; what other countries, corporations, organizations, etc. are working on the Polywell fusion concept? Are there any? How far along are they? I don’t mean just basic research, but teams specifically working toward net fusion power. I thought I saw something recently about, perhaps, the UK working this. I can’t find the darn link anymore.
No one else is working specifically on Polywell.

Lots of action in IEC (fusors etc.) - U Wisconsin- Madison, U Illinois Champaign, Japan, Australia.

The closest is Monkton's device backed by Paul Allen.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Post by 12345 »

The closest is Monkton's device backed by Paul Allen.
Thank you. Will look at it.

“The spread of civilisation may be likened to a fire; First, a feeble spark, next a flickering flame, then a mighty blaze, ever increasing in speed and power.”

Nicolas Tesla

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

The IC and tokamak folks are also working on net power.