The Topic is to legalize Hard Drugs. NOT THC.

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

KitemanSA wrote:
Diogenes wrote: You can't consent when you don't understand to what you are consenting.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Hilarious. Also, nonsense.

People "consent" all the time without knowing the future. It is the essense of mature adult life. It is also the reason why children are often protected from situations where immaturity may lead them into unwise choices.

"Less than fully mature" people (youths) are not permitted to buy alcohol. Actually, this is not quite true. The seller is not permitted to sell to youths. Of course, youths have every right to buy it, but society holds the adult sellers to a higher standard and tells them that the ability of the youths to consent on this issue will not be recognized. They can buy, you can't sell. This is called "regulation". That is the way it should be for all drugs.
This is not true either, teens are arrested and charged with 'minor in posession' all the time, and that counts whether the beer is in your car, in your hand, in your house, or in your body. I've seen cops bust teens home alone for minor in posession because their parents booze or beer wasnt locked up.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

IntLibber wrote: This is not true either, teens are arrested and charged with 'minor in posession' all the time, and that counts whether the beer is in your car, in your hand, in your house, or in your body. I've seen cops bust teens home alone for minor in posession because their parents booze or beer wasnt locked up.
I suspect the "teens" were over 18, though is some states they will go for younger teens who have been a past problem. But if a 21 year old buys booze for a kid, the kid will get a slap and the adult will get arrested.

And really, any interaction between people is variable so nothing stated as the way things are is ever true 100% of the time; even if it should be. I recognize that. I hope that you do too.