PTSD Symptoms

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

You know for decades, my father would wake up screaming in the night when he heard a small aircraft fly over. Maybe head something to do with the Kamikaze that hit his Destroyer (DD-780 if you are curious) during WWII. Funny thing, it never drove him to abuse alcohol or drugs.
Possibly he didn't have the "right" genetics.

I can trace the PTSD in my family back at least 3 generations (starting with myself). As far as I can tell none of my kids is dealing with it. Luck or better child rearing practices? Hard to say. I can tell you that the first mate is genetically susceptible. So it depends if the trait is dominant or recessive if two carriers mate.

As I said. That is why it is so hard for folks who haven't had to deal with it to understand. "I was beat bloody and had no long term after effects." No reason why that might not be a true statement. It could also be false among the genetically susceptible.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

MSimon wrote:Further research has shown that people with a disposition to resort to cannabis use are more likely to live longer and healthier lives than users of other "social drugs" such as alcohol.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_drug_theory

Dang. Its just like those Firesign Theater people said. Everything you know is wrong

BTW I am probably one of the top amateurs in the field of drug use/abuse. It might be worthwhile to get up to date before further discussion. In order to avoid more embarrassment.

You would certainly educate yourself before making Polywell Pronouncements. Why are you so confident about all the government propaganda that has been fed you? Why don't you even know it is propaganda?

You know agencies are not above lying to keep the train covered in gravy. Why to you think the Drug Warriors are exempt?
Yes, we all know you have a strong opinion on the matter. :D

I would point out that I have these discussion with you in order to learn, and I hope that I have shown you some things in it as well.

My only complaint is that you tend to use selective evidence, and cast aside things that would compete. I normally notice a trend where when you are confronted with wider evidence to the contrary, you drill into a specific quickly to seemingly mis-direct. But, we both learn from that I think.

As you know, I was involved professionally in the Drug War, and also have some personal experiences. But I do not claim to be a "Top Expert" either professionally or as an amatuer. I do however think I have given you things to think on.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Netmaker

PTSD Treatment

Post by Netmaker »

www.talk-polywell.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3442&start=15
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:44 pm Post subject: PTSD Reply with quote
@MSimon

Quote: Susceptibility to PTSD runs in my family

Should PTSD still be an issue for either you or other members of your family you might want to look into Dr. Eugene Lipov's Stellate Ganglion Block (SGB) treatment.

Here is a link to a Wired article on the subject:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12 ... njections/

As usual a lot of the comments are not rational but there are some decent ones. Mine us under Netmaker and relates my personal experience as I have undergone the procedure.

My sympathies for you, your family and especially your cousin.