Rossi_Tells_Florida_Bureau_He_Has_No_Factory_No_Nuclear_Reac

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Ok, so this all rolls back to the statement Rossi is a liar. Well, he's a liar about PetrolDragon. We have 100+ news articles documenting his lies as well as a city still dealing with the waste he left behind. Does that not make him a liar? Do his previous claims of having shipped the 1MW container and now we know he hasn't, make him a liar? At what point will you accept his status as a liar?

I'm willing to bet you'll interpret his comments away until he uses a word like "I promise that...blah blah blah". Without a doubt Rossi is good with twisting words, but at some point even he gets caught.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

KitemanSA wrote:
ladajo wrote: Kite, please stop with the "inane" word games. You must really be bored to fish like that. Congrats, you hooked him. Nice trolling rig, well mounted bait, etc, etc, yada yada.
Et tu Brute? When someone on this board states categorically that a man is a liar it is ok, but when he is asked to show the lie, it is "inane"? Seems it was his categorical statement that was without content, empty, i.e., "inane". Sorry if pointed that out upsets him.

Pot, kettle?
Do you agree that Rossi has lied in the past?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:
ladajo wrote: Kite, please stop with the "inane" word games. You must really be bored to fish like that. Congrats, you hooked him. Nice trolling rig, well mounted bait, etc, etc, yada yada.
Et tu Brute? When someone on this board states categorically that a man is a liar it is ok, but when he is asked to show the lie, it is "inane"? Seems it was his categorical statement that was without content, empty, i.e., "inane". Sorry if pointed that out upsets him.

Pot, kettle?
Do you agree that Rossi has lied in the past?
Since he is human, I suspect that is so. I cannot point to any specific item that I know is a lie. One doesn't normally apply the term "liar" because hypothetically he may have lied sometime in the past. If that were so, the term would apply to everyone and would lose all meaning.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ScottL wrote:Ok, so this all rolls back to the statement Rossi is a liar. Well, he's a liar about PetrolDragon. We have 100+ news articles documenting his lies as well as a city still dealing with the waste he left behind. Does that not make him a liar? Do his previous claims of having shipped the 1MW container and now we know he hasn't, make him a liar? At what point will you accept his status as a liar?

I'm willing to bet you'll interpret his comments away until he uses a word like "I promise that...blah blah blah". Without a doubt Rossi is good with twisting words, but at some point even he gets caught.
You have appearantly hung onto his each and every word much more closely than I. Or at least to words stated about him.

I know little about the "PetrolDragon" affair except some say that he was found guilt of something so obviously he is guilty and others say he was effectively framed and was not guilty of anything except being unable to overcome obstacles placed in his way by the Italian equivalent of the old mob run "Teamster's Union". I am REALLY not interested in being drawn into that briar patch.

Re the 1MW unit, details? I haven't followed that either. I hope the case is a lot better than the fubar accusations wrt the FBRC(?).

Keep at it, you may eventually find SOME situation where he has lied. If you must. Details please if you want me to agree.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Kite,
Your participation is bait laden given that you just stated you have not looked into the cited and documented cases of Rossi lying.

He has lied, and there are records to prove it. And I am not talking your "he is human" lies either. These were calculated large scale lies. Wehterr or not he is currenlty lying about the Ecat and if it works remains to be seen. But odds are, based on his past, and current behaviors, He is lying, and outside of that, he is a court documented liar. I feel no need to spoon feed you proof. It has been offered, and you have ignored it.

At this point your motives are very suspect and you very much appear to be trolling. You really must be bored.

Rossi misrepresents and lies. It is demonstrated fact.

You should exit the conversation at this point. I am.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote: Rossi misrepresents and lies. It is demonstrated fact.
All I am asking for is to be shown that "demonstration". Several posters here used this Florida Factory issue as a "demonstration", and when examined in detail, it fell apart. So, where is the demonstration of the "fact"?

You are correct. I am bored with the generally character of cogitation capability shown by many on this forum. Way too many seem constitutionally unable to avoid jumping to unsubstantiated "conclusions".

It may be related to the MBTI. The ---Js then to be that way. But then the -Js tend not to be scientifically inclined.

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:
ladajo wrote: Rossi misrepresents and lies. It is demonstrated fact.
All I am asking for is to be shown that "demonstration". Several posters here used this Florida Factory issue as a "demonstration", and when examined in detail, it fell apart. So, where is the demonstration of the "fact"?

You are correct. I am bored with the generally character of cogitation capability shown by many on this forum. Way too many seem constitutionally unable to avoid jumping to unsubstantiated "conclusions".
I still don't understand why it is so important to you that we distinguish between "Rossi lies" and "the chance that Rossi is not lying is approaching zero". You find this to be a demonstration of our lack of serious thought. You are taking a superior stance that you are more thoughtful or more scientific because you maintain the unlikely potential that Rossi is not lying/is not a fraud/is not a crook as a badge of prideful contempt towards us ignorant masses. As you say above, we bore you.

Truth is that your enlightened acceptance of all possibilities regarding Rossi appears to be nothing more than a lack of common sense. And, your insistence that others join you in finding all slivers of potential for Rossi to be anything other than what he most definitely seems to be appears to be nothing more than you being anal.
KitemanSA wrote: It may be related to the MBTI. The ---Js tend to be that way. But then the -Js tend not to be scientifically inclined.
How very ---J of you.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

KitemanSA wrote:It may be related to the MBTI. The ---Js then to be that way. But then the -Js tend not to be scientifically inclined.
Nope, at least not in my case. ---P here, last time I checked. But I will admit to not being terribly scientifically inclined.

I don't have a burning need to call Rossi a liar, but he's shot himself in the foot with some of the things he's said, and is standing on pretty unstable ground. For instance, there was that time he said the 1MW E-Cat was "gone", and his lame attempt to explain himself. Then there's the question of whether the E-Cat produces 511 keV gamma radiation (as Rossi has said on occasion) or whether it only produces 50-150 keV photons, as he told the Florida BRC. At least now his fans have come to the general realization that Rossi can be a bit shifty. It wasn't so long ago that they interpreted any news in relation to Rossi in the best possible light. I think there's still a bit of that going on, such as in the recent Navy article, which isn't really even news or about something Rossi recently said, but rather an apparent attempt to construct a narrative that salvages the E-Cat dream. What's especially funny about it is that it appears to derive from the misunderstood "organization that starts with an N" rumor started by Sterling Allan that grew legs and somehow became the identity of Rossi's secret customer.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

http://newenergytimes.com/v2/sr/RossiEC ... tory.shtml

Here you go Kite, a complete Indexing (with links to original Italian articles) of all Italian Newspapers reporting on Rossi throughout his PetrolDragon days. Not only is he documented by his claims, but by his lies to court. Does this make him a liar? While the view is subjective, apparently it's shared here on this board and elsewhere.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

My issue is the distinction between "fact" and "opinion". My response to the first is "show me". My resopnse to the second is, "that is nice". Generally, the more vociferous someone is about stating "a fact", the more I demand, "show me".

MBTI are trends, not predictions. I'm a "P" myself, but the others modify how it shows up.

I specifically stated that I had NO interest in being dragged into the "PetroDragon" issue. Too much, he said she said they said from the little I saw.

And it is not like N.E.T. is a neutral source or anything. ;)

END COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC.
Shant read it anymore.

seedload

Post by seedload »

KitemanSA wrote:My issue is the distinction between "fact" and "opinion". My response to the first is "show me". My resopnse to the second is, "that is nice". Generally, the more vociferous someone is about stating "a fact", the more I demand, "show me".

MBTI are trends, not predictions. I'm a "P" myself, but the others modify how it shows up.

I specifically stated that I had NO interest in being dragged into the "PetroDragon" issue. Too much, he said she said they said from the little I saw.

And it is not like N.E.T. is a neutral source or anything. ;)

END COMMENTS ON THIS TOPIC.
Shant read it anymore.
Interesting...

The subject seems to have an unachievably high standard for facts.
Thus, the subject seems to be forced to reject any form of deductive reasoning because of the assumed lack of 'factual' basis.
This leaves the subject with only the potential of accepting inductive forms of reason.
Yet the subject also seems to express a general aversion to all forms of inductive reasoning.
Therefore, the subject seems compelled to believe in everything.
Further, it seems that the subject demands an equal modicum of belief in everything, rejection of inductive reasoning, and incredibly high standards for facts from others or the subject lashes out, in some cases with verbal jousts and insults, and in other cases by taking his ball and going home.

... indeed a difficult case.
Stick the thing in a tub of water! Sheesh!

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

You know, it might be true that the DOD fiasco, petroldragon, the continual misrepresentation of the E-cat and refusal to provide any proof are not in fact a sign of lying.

However, one must point out that *every* business or scientific mission he has embarked on has left non-functioning products, toxic waste and angry investors. Every. Last. One.

So he may not be a fraud and a con man-- it's just that his MO is *absolutely* identical to that of con men.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.

cgray45

Post by cgray45 »

Also, from Cassandra's legacy:

Note the following:

"All production, distribution and use occurs overseas."

That pretty much says it all, since we've seen no evidence of overseas factories, including Rossi's own statements above.
Check out my blog-- not just about fusion, but anything that attracts this 40 something historians interest.