Navy may curb electricity use in San Diego

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Navy may curb electricity use in San Diego

Post by Ivy Matt »

Recently the San Onofre nuclear power plant was taken offline due to corrosion of the steam generator tubes. As part of the fallout from this decision, San Diego Gas & Electric is negotiating with the U.S. Navy to curb electricity use on its bases in the San Diego area this summer if there is a danger of blackouts:

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/29/445157 ... avoid.html
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

The US Navy offered its San Diego-based WB-X floating fusion experiment as a power-generating backup for heavy use periods. "It'll give us some useful stress testing with realistic loads," said the Navy officer in charge of...

OK, I'll stop.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

DeltaV wrote:The US Navy offered its San Diego-based WB-X floating fusion experiment as a power-generating backup for heavy use periods. "It'll give us some useful stress testing with realistic loads," said the Navy officer in charge of...

OK, I'll stop.
Oh, if only we were so lucky for that to be a real response. ;)

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I think it would be overoptimistic to expect that kind of a response at this point.

Now, if only that 1MW E-Cat Rossi sold to the Navy was capable of generating electricity....
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Netmaker

Post by Netmaker »

What, no mothballed nuclear submarines they can use to provide temporary power with?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

The connecting cables would require EPA, OSHA, NAFTA, WTO, NIST, ISO, UL, UN, WWF, PETA, SPCA, UAW, IAMAW, AFL-CIO, DOE, DOT, DOD, DOC, DOI, GSA, CBO, IMF, DIA, FBI, BLM, RIIA, CFR, DHS, FAA, FCC, IRS, NASA, CHP, CSX, BATF and NATO approval.

At least a week or two.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Didn't BATF grow an E?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

DeltaV wrote:The connecting cables would require EPA, OSHA, NAFTA, WTO, NIST, ISO, UL, UN, WWF, PETA, SPCA, UAW, IAMAW, AFL-CIO, DOE, DOT, DOD, DOC, DOI, GSA, CBO, IMF, DIA, FBI, BLM, RIIA, CFR, DHS, FAA, FCC, IRS, NASA, CHP, CSX, BATF and NATO approval.

At least a week or two.
http://classicalvalues.com/2012/05/overregulation/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.