and Justice for All

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

and Justice for All

Post by GIThruster »

the Republicans need to cross the aisle and get behind Warren on this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... r=Business
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Re: and Justice for All

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:the Republicans need to cross the aisle and get behind Warren on this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/0 ... r=Business

Why on God's green Earth are you trying to rev him up again? Do you somehow feel the need to have another upteen hundred threads on why controlling dangerous substances is an affront to freedom and the greatest crime in human history?

Do you invite Jehovah's Witnesses to come in for a chat? What is the matter with you?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

This is a story about how a bank found guilty of money laundering is getting away with what they did and no charges being pressed by the Justice Department. It's got nothing to do with Simon's pet peeves. Where the money comes from is a triviality. The point is, our justice system is refusing to pursue this bank despite it has been clearly demonstrated it has been laundering money from Mexican drug cartels, and our justice system is refusing to make arrests at this bank, despite it is clear who is in violation of the law.

The Republicans need to get behind this Democrat and stop playing partisan politics. It's obvious Warren is right to make this objection.

You're not suggesting we now all need to tip=toe around simon for fear he'll hijack yet another thread to his own ill purposes, are you? This is a legitimate issue that has only tangentially to do with simon's obsession.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Another regulator, Fed Governor Jerome Powell, said closing a bank is appropriate when that bank has been convicted of a crime. But he also said that only the Justice Department has the authority to prosecute a bank for a crime.
In the UK, anyone can 'lay information' on a crime at the Magistrates Court.

chrismb has done so against a major supermarket chain for advertising infractions when the local 'Trading Standards' Authority (who should be doing the job ... properly) declined to take an interest. chrismb negotiated a £3,000 payment to charities by the company, and agreement on remedial actions, as a settlement to withdraw the information laid. This was likely more than any fine that could have been hoped for, so together with the agreed remedial actions to be done by the company, the information could be withdrawn as the public interest had been served.

Apparently, private prosecutions like this are not possible in Federal law in the US, and also in most States, excepting Virginia where it appears there is still a common law right to bring a private prosecution.

If anyone has a good set of Court-admissible evidence that includes infractions in the UK (HSBC is also a UK company) that they sent to chrismb, maybe chrismb would lay information where he is and prosecute HSBC himself. Or maybe someone in Virginia could do it for themselves.

choff

Post by choff »

Was just listening to this story out of the UK.

http://www.ukcolumn.org/video/uk-column ... march-2013

Near the bottom click on download audio podcast, sounds out of this world.
CHoff

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Zero Hedge had it: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-02-1 ... o-big-jail

You do realize that nothing will be done because banks depend on turning black money white for the bulk of their profits.

==== This is a comment I posted about a year or two ago - I forget where:

Watch this video to see who is behind today’s economic mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rFWDHQcIG8

Mike Ruppert – The CIA and Drug Running

Watch the question that starts about 1:17 into the video. In answer Mike explains the whole premise of the Drug War and who is behind it. The Bankers.

Now read the following three part Narco News series by Catherine Austin Fitts linked here:

Links here: http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... ition.html

She corroborates Mike Ruppert.

Now Mike didn’t have the information we have today. Today we know that a very large percentage of drug use is self medication. And given our still primitive stage of knowledge maybe all of it. Which is why drug demand is so inelastic.

=====

http://classicalvalues.com/2013/03/endo ... e-science/

==================

Now as you can see I was covering this back in 2005. http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/200 ... ition.html at my own URL. However it was published in other places in July of 2003. So almost 10 years ago for me. I had the news - bankers and our Intel agencies depend on prohibition. Read McCoy, "The Politics of Heroin". Free on the 'net. There is lots of stuff out there on the subject. Hardly anyone looks. Here is one:

http://www.ctrl.org/boodleboys/boddlesboys2.html

If you really want to understand banking and black money you must read Catherine Austin Fitts. Catherine and I have corresponded.

C A Fitts - Drug War: Covert Money, Power, and Policy

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/200 ... llar-2004/

Catherine Austin Fitts is a former managing director and member of the board of directors of Dillon Read & Co, Inc, a former Assistant Secretary of Housing-Federal Housing Commissioner in the first Bush Administration, and the former President of The Hamilton Securities Group, Inc. She is the President of Solari, Inc, an investment advisory firm. Solari provides risk management services to investors through Sanders Research Associates in London.

======

What amuses me is that Drug Hatred has blinded you to reality. Which is why you are so late to the game. It is not like I haven't posted links to "Why We Must Not End Prohibition" around here before. And on threads you gentleman have been watching. My guess is that Choff has looked and the rest of you have ignored it because it was from Simon The Notorious (in your mind) Doper. Prejudice will blind you. It is a luxury I am unable to afford.

BTW comments are still open here if you want to comment on the article: http://classicalvalues.com/2011/11/why- ... ohibition/
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Well whadya know I posted the Mike Ruppert bit here viewtopic.php?p=87982#p87982

GIT and Choff among others were on the thread. Sat Jul 21, 2012

BTW Mike R. was a former LAPD Narcotics Detective. He starts speaking at 3:00 into the video linked.

All I can say GIT is that if you are ignorant it is your own fault.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Michael Ruppert on Peak Oil

Collapse

He is pretty good on the financial collapse about 33:00 in.

At 43:00 - the people running the planet are losing control - that seems evident

A little after he goes into the hockey stick of people leaving out peak people around 2050 due to changing demographics.

My contrary evidence:

http://www.ecnmag.com/blogs/2013/03/arr ... ffectively

http://www.singularity2050.com/2011/07/ ... ranny.html

Hydrogen Fuel Cells

http://www.ecnmag.com/blogs/2013/02/hyd ... s-get-lift

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

My view of Collapse:

http://classicalvalues.com/2013/03/collapse/

And of course he knows nothing about Polywell. Well we know only a little more. I'm optimistic.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:This is a story about how a bank found guilty of money laundering is getting away with what they did and no charges being pressed by the Justice Department. It's got nothing to do with Simon's pet peeves. Where the money comes from is a triviality. The point is, our justice system is refusing to pursue this bank despite it has been clearly demonstrated it has been laundering money from Mexican drug cartels, and our justice system is refusing to make arrests at this bank, despite it is clear who is in violation of the law.

And this particular violation of law is significantly different from all the other examples of this Administration's violations of the law?

GIThruster wrote:
The Republicans need to get behind this Democrat and stop playing partisan politics. It's obvious Warren is right to make this objection.

When Louis Freeh was nominated by Bill Clinton to head the FBI, I sent a letter to the editor of the local paper. I said that Louis Freeh seemed like an excellent choice to head the FBI, but I could not help feeling that there must be something wrong with him, else Clinton wouldn't have picked him.

If Elizabeth Warren is proposing something, I would suggest it likely has some aspect about it which is objectionable. I'd like to see who signs on to her idea before I accept it as a good thing.

GIThruster wrote:
You're not suggesting we now all need to tip=toe around simon for fear he'll hijack yet another thread to his own ill purposes, are you? This is a legitimate issue that has only tangentially to do with simon's obsession.

The slightest connection is sufficient for him to launch another wave of diatribes regarding the evils of separating fools from their favorite plant toxins. Again, who wants to be evangelized?
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

And this particular violation of law is significantly different from all the other examples of this Administration's violations of the law?
Rs and Ds have been doing it for decades. See the Fitts articles linked above.

It is not one Party. It is both. Why? Well the banks own both parties. Very convenient.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

MSimon wrote: What amuses me is that Drug Hatred has blinded you to reality. Which is why you are so late to the game.
I'm not late to the game. Just because I don't consider unsubstantiated allegations useful nor more than cheezy self-important guesswork doesn't mean I'm late to the game. This is new. What's new is, there is enough evidence to convict or this Senator would not have stuck her neck out the way she has.

You really don't understand simon, that unsubstantiated allegations made by a bunch of stoned, out-of work, social misfits doesn't qualify as worth my attention, nor that of anyone else who budgets their time, because they WORK FOR A LIVING. Let me explain it to you--your ramblings are not worth anyone's time because you don't have a clue what is true and what is not, what is fact and what is your psychedelic-induced fiction, what has been vetted and what has not. You throw allegations around not to see justice, but to bolster your pathetic existence and pretend it has merit that all you do is sit all day, get stoned and visit blogs.

In short, you are not a credible source of intel, simon. You never were. Anyone with a clue ignores you. This Senator however is the head of the proper Senatorial oversight committee. This is not an exmaple of a pathetic stoner whining to get himself some attention. It's an opportunity for real change based upon real evidence for real issues.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
Rs and Ds have been doing it for decades. See the Fitts articles linked above.

It is not one Party. It is both. Why? Well the banks own both parties. Very convenient.

Now this argument has some degree of plausibility to it. I won't say it is just the banks which own both parties, I see it as an amalgamation of various interests none of which put the interest of the nation before their own. (One of the problems of pushing a secular society. Most religions teach that this is wrong. )

I do not have a problem with people putting forth their interests in Washington DC. What I have a problem with are those who intend to use the government as a weapon, or as a source of money, in a manner which only benefits themselves, but is detrimental to the majority.

I see a lot of reforms that ought to help correct this problem; Among them is Term Limits. But this is just another academic argument. Our course is set, and it will not change until it must.
— Lord Melbourne —

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

MSimon wrote:
What amuses me is that Drug Hatred has blinded you to reality.

I don't hate drugs half so much as I hate being evangelized about them. No, Landrue, I am not of the body, nor do I wish to be.

You are like the Homosexual lobby who will not shut up about how homosexual they are, and how we need to acknowledge and accept it!

— Lord Melbourne —