Ron Paul Supporters not welcome in Louisiana GOP

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

MSimon wrote:palladin9479,

I get it. You fear liberty. Fine. When the current fight is over I'm selling out to the victors. It will give me a bit more liberty.
Dude I know your better educated and more intelligent then this.

It's these kinds of statements that devalue your other positive contributions. It nearly paints you as a troll, something you are not known to be. Use actual rational thought and logical discourse, works better with those of the 9%+ percentile (I'm making a rather big assumption that the members of this site are mostly engineers / physicists and other intellectual sectors of our society).

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

palladin9479 wrote:

I get it. You fear liberty. Fine. When the current fight is over I'm selling out to the victors. It will give me a bit more liberty.

It's these kinds of statements that devalue your other positive contributions. It nearly paints you as a troll, something you are not known to be. Use actual rational thought and logical discourse, works better with those of the 9%+ percentile (I'm making a rather big assumption that the members of this site are mostly engineers / physicists and other intellectual sectors of our society).
There is nothing rational about theft. Even if you do it by vote.

But these subjects generate a LOT of emotion. Your rail against greed is just a sign of envy. Not a sound basis for rational thought.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

MSimon wrote:
palladin9479 wrote:

But these subjects generate a LOT of emotion. Your rail against greed is just a sign of envy. Not a sound basis for rational thought.
Huh?

That makes no sense, its like your listening to this voice inside your own head then arguing against that voice.

This has been a rather dramatic change in your tone, as something happened to you in the last six months? Prior you'd actually debate things in rational tones, even when you disagreed there was still a form of civility involved. Now its mostly just a fire hose of rhetoric.

Is this what an election does to otherwise sane individuals?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

palladin9479 wrote:
MSimon wrote:
palladin9479 wrote: Dude I know your better educated and more intelligent then this.

Huh?

That makes no sense, its like your listening to this voice inside your own head then arguing against that voice.

This has been a rather dramatic change in your tone, as something happened to you in the last six months? Prior you'd actually debate things in rational tones, even when you disagreed there was still a form of civility involved. Now its mostly just a fire hose of rhetoric.

Is this what an election does to otherwise sane individuals?
Not the election per se. It is that this election has given me a deep view inside the politics of the electorate. And what I see is very ugly in my sight. Some crave to be masters. Some crave slavery.

For me? Neither master nor slave.

I can think of no chains you can put on bankers that can't be used to enslave the population. And if it can it will. The only way to avoid bank slavery is this: don't go into debt. Don't mortgage your future. You want a house? Pay cash. You want a car? Pay cash.

The same goes for government. The banker takes advantage of your greed. Your unwillingness to wait. The evil is not in the banker. The evil is in you. And to avoid looking at yourself in the mirror you rail at the banks and their collusion with government. I'm sorry to tell you but money will ALWAYS buy power. The answer is less government and a government without debt.

Your effort to make an inherently evil system work will only lead to more evil.

You rail against the greed of the rich. How did they get the power? They bought it based on the greed of the poor. So tell me again how you fix that? The poor are not satisfied with food and a roof. They want the 52" plasma and lots of bling. And the bankers through the government are willing to satisfy that greed in exchange for slavery.

It is not the greed of the bankers. It is the greed that is epidemic. The Right supports the greed of the bankers and the Left supports the greed of the "poor". It is making us all a nation of slaves.

Do you get it now?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

MSimon wrote:I can think of no chains you can put on bankers that can't be used to enslave the population. And if it can it will. The only way to avoid bank slavery is this: don't go into debt. Don't mortgage your future.
To be able to avoid debt you need to start life with an advance, though.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Teahive wrote:
MSimon wrote:I can think of no chains you can put on bankers that can't be used to enslave the population. And if it can it will. The only way to avoid bank slavery is this: don't go into debt. Don't mortgage your future.
To be able to avoid debt you need to start life with an advance, though.
While it helps, it shouldn't be required.

Teahive

Post by Teahive »

Really? I know of no man who started life as a productive member of society.

Post by 93143 »

That's why it's helpful to consider the family, not the individual, as the basic unit of society. A lot of law and custom has by practical necessity to deal with individuals, but a man should not be required by law to pay back his parents for raising him, never mind giving him life in the first place. The care he renders unto them in their old age should likewise not be tallied by the bankers and set against his debt to them.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

a man should not be required by law to pay back his parents for raising him
I agree with that. My parents raised me with the "philosophy" that I best pay them back by having children and giving them at least as much love and care as they gave to me. That way of thinking serves society better too.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

93143 wrote:That's why it's helpful to consider the family, not the individual, as the basic unit of society. A lot of law and custom has by practical necessity to deal with individuals, but a man should not be required by law to pay back his parents for raising him, never mind giving him life in the first place. The care he renders unto them in their old age should likewise not be tallied by the bankers and set against his debt to them.
Once you make the family the central unit you get clans and tribes. Maybe good for plains Indians and Arabs. Not good for a modern industrial civilization.

Post by 93143 »

See, that's a large part of what's wrong with politics in the U.S. right now. There is no attempt to understand what might be valid in the other side's expressed viewpoint or what might have been meant by it; only attempts to make it sound as stupid as possible.

Did you pay your parents up front for raising you? With money? You were the one who was claiming that you should be able to live without going into debt...

Aw, never mind; I should have known better than to post in a thread in General...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

93143 wrote:See, that's a large part of what's wrong with politics in the U.S. right now. There is no attempt to understand what might be valid in the other side's expressed viewpoint or what might have been meant by it; only attempts to make it sound as stupid as possible.

Did you pay your parents up front for raising you? With money? You were the one who was claiming that you should be able to live without going into debt...

Aw, never mind; I should have known better than to post in a thread in General...
Well now. A minor can not be contractually obligated. So free and clear til the age of majority. At the age of majority you can get a job. Before actually. So yes debt free is possible. Or you can join the military. Another way to be debt free.

But get yourself a $100,000 dollar college education in Wymens Studies and you can be an $8 an hour waitress. That looks bad. OK. You could pay off the debt by becoming a hooker or a dope dealer. But you don't need college for that. Usually.

Well OK. An individual can stay out of debt if they want to.

A government that continuously spends 3% more than it takes in is going to be owned by the bankers. And the citizens will be slaves to the tax man. Or the bankers. Same difference.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

"There is no attempt to understand what might be valid in the other side's expressed viewpoint or what might have been meant by it; only attempts to make it sound as stupid as possible."

In the case of the Democrats there is nothing valid in that side's opinion, and I'd hate to think they could more stupid. They are as inimical an influence now in on the national scene as they have been since they became an arm of the slaveholders.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Since TDPerk brbjght the subject up again:
"There is no attempt to understand what might be valid in the other side's expressed viewpoint or what might have been meant by it; only attempts to make it sound as stupid as possible."
In my teens I was a Democrat (like my parents). When I got out of the Navy I became a committed Communist (it was the Zeitgeist). The Vietnamese boat people cured me of that. By '88 I was voting Ron Paul (thanks Lynn Tinsley). I became a leader in my local party. And post 9/11 I have been a libertarian Republican.

So I pretty much know all the major sides. And the Democrats/communists are as stupid as possible.

palladin9479

Post by palladin9479 »

TDPerk wrote:"There is no attempt to understand what might be valid in the other side's expressed viewpoint or what might have been meant by it; only attempts to make it sound as stupid as possible."

In the case of the Democrats there is nothing valid in that side's opinion, and I'd hate to think they could more stupid. They are as inimical an influence now in on the national scene as they have been since they became an arm of the slaveholders.
And thus we see the problem with politics today. It's become a zero-sum, them or us, all or nothing scenario where each side is refusing to compromise.

Let me remind everyone, this nation was founded on compromise. Without the willingness to accept that we ourselves might be wrong, or that those with opposite views might be right, there can be no compromise. Without compromise there can be no USA.

So those of you who speak in absolutes and refuse to compromise, think long and hard. What is more important to you, success of your nation, wellfare of your fellow citizen, or your own religious / political (politics has just become another religion) beliefs.

Actually it all makes sense once you start seeing people's political beliefs as just another religion, with all the fever, irrationality and cognitive dissonance involved.