Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Stubby

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Stubby »

ladajo wrote:I would also add that you of all people Stubby should know that I never seek to silence anyone.

But in any event, I think this guy is more likely to harm himself in real life than others. He is really a nutjob.

And may still be a sock puppet for someone around here that is bored. Although to go to the lengths this clown has gone to get himself kicked off so many boards in the name of Global Warming Righteousness and Liar and Racist Hunting is fairly extreme. What a weird way to claim victory.

No matter. He means little to me other than a soon to be gone and forgotten annoyance on this board. I find it amusing that he actually thinks he can do me harm.

What a loser.
Telling someone to leave the forum is not trying to silence them?
Bringing up banning as a threat to coerce compliance to your wishes for his conduct is not trying to silence him?

:roll:

He is a little over the top in some respects but not in my opinion egregiously so. There are others here far more childish whose main type of discussion is name calling and ad hominem attacks. Some of these attacks are quite vicious, rabid even.

His main problem is that in my opinion he believes what he says is intuitively obvious thus not needing explanation.
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Stubby wrote:His main problem is that in my opinion he believes what he says is intuitively obvious thus not needing explanation.
No, actually just ask. Point out the parts where you think I'm glossing it over as intuitively obvious.

I know too much. I'm prone to that. This is valuable and honest criticism. Thank you.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Stubby wrote:
ladajo wrote:I would also add that you of all people Stubby should know that I never seek to silence anyone.

But in any event, I think this guy is more likely to harm himself in real life than others. He is really a nutjob.

And may still be a sock puppet for someone around here that is bored. Although to go to the lengths this clown has gone to get himself kicked off so many boards in the name of Global Warming Righteousness and Liar and Racist Hunting is fairly extreme. What a weird way to claim victory.

No matter. He means little to me other than a soon to be gone and forgotten annoyance on this board. I find it amusing that he actually thinks he can do me harm.

What a loser.
Bringing up banning as a threat to coerce compliance to your wishes for his conduct is not trying to silence him?

He is a little over the top in some respects but not in my opinion egregiously so. There are others here far more childish whose main type of discussion is name calling and ad hominem attacks. Some of these attacks are quite vicious, rabid even.

His main problem is that in my opinion he believes what he says is intuitively obvious thus not needing explanation.
Well, I do admit it is a first for me. In my defense (not really needed) I have to stress that I did say "please" alot.

I would rather he goes away sooner, than later. In the end we will all be "Racist Liars" to him and he may well leave of his own accord. I choose to help him along. He will be nothing but a disruption here. That is my opinion. First time I have felt about someone here like that. Maybe I need to come to terms with it some.

Maybe he should move to Canada. I am sure you all could use him up there. Very insightful and a teambuilder he is.
The rub is that after a short time, he would consider all Canadians Liars and Racists. Especially because they didn't vote for Obama.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:
Stubby wrote:

What a loser.

Well, I do admit it is a first for me. In my defense (not really needed) I have to stress that I did say "please" alot.

I would rather he goes away sooner, than later. In the end we will all be "Racist Liars" to him and he may well leave of his own accord. I choose to help him along. He will be nothing but a disruption here. That is my opinion. First time I have felt about someone here like that. Maybe I need to come to terms with it some.

Maybe he should move to Canada. I am sure you all could use him up there. Very insightful and a teambuilder he is.
The rub is that after a short time, he would consider all Canadians Liars and Racists. Especially because they didn't vote for Obama.
So what part of the Wikipedia Chernobyl article do you claim is wrong?

Just askin'. I doubt I'll get any more from you but more lulz, but since you're pretending to be reasonable I figure I better prove you're not.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I asked you to answer my questions.

So far you have inferred you cannot without looking it up in google/wikipedia.

Can you speak intelligently on the topic?

Just to be fair, and let you know where you stand, I can answer my questions without having to look it up on a questionable web reference like wikipedia.

I want to see what you know.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:I asked you to answer my questions.

So far you have inferred you cannot without looking it up in google/wikipedia.

Just to be fair, and let you know where you stand, I can answer my questions without having to look it up on a questionable web reference like wikipedia.

I want to see what you know.
Why do you care? The mistakes they made are known, and were systematic. The only reason to know them is to avoid designs with similar flaws. What's the point in knowing more than I can fish out of-- and BTW confirm in the original sources-- Wikipedia? Why should I care enough either to bother memorizing it all or even doing anything other than looking it up in Wikipedia? Do you claim there is some controversy about how the accident happened that Wikipedia is not covering? Some special knowledge Wikipedia does not have? If so, I'll hear you, and check it on their sources, and on other sources as well in the professional literature. If I find out you're right I'll put it in Discussion and let the article owners sort it out.

But I don't think you have any such complaints or knowledge sufficiently in depth to stand up to this kind of checking, and that's why you avoid speaking to reality and make up stories about how I'm on drugs or whatnot.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

So, you can't speak intelligently on the topic.
You sure took a lot of words to say that.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Stubby wrote:He is a little over the top in some respects but not in my opinion egregiously so.
Then your opinion is worthless, Stubby. This guy came into the forum and with his very first post, INTENDED to insult as many people as disagree with him as possible. Then he went right on insulting everyone around him. Literally, he has yet to make an adult, cogent argument but instead constantly attacks people instead of their positions. He has been tossed from more than one blog online for this pathetic and emotionally disturbed behavior. Obviously, he has a great deal wrong with him, and this is not a shrink shop. He doesn't belong here.

Look at how many dozens of posts he's made, all dripping with bile, and not a one of them looking at the real science behind the issue. This is not "a little over the top". "A little over the top" is someone with no common sense nor courtesy, like you; who puts stuff in his sig to deliberately annoy and antagonize. You're over the top. This guy is diagnosable and has completely disrupted the forum since his first day.

You should demonstrate far better sense than you do, Stubby.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:So, you can't speak intelligently on the topic.
You sure took a lot of words to say that.
Ummm, I didn't memorize it.

That's not what you said though.

You're lying again.

Seriously, guy, I bet knowing nothing but the facts I know off the top of my head, I can relate my previous description to Wikipedia's, and I bet any supposed quibbles you have with Wikipedia, or with my description, are chickencrap.
Last edited by Schneibster on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

GIThruster wrote:
Stubby wrote:He is a little over the top in some respects but not in my opinion egregiously so.
Then your opinion is worthless, Stubby. This guy came into the forum and with his very first post, INTENDED to insult as many people as disagree with him as possible.
You have, ahem, a reputation. Sorry to have to be the one to reveal this to you.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Nope, not what I said at all.

Far be it from my letting reality interrupt your world.

Why would you need to memorize "it"? If you can speak intelligently on it, that means you understand it. If you understand it, you don't need to memorize it.

You must memorize a lot.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

How many pages of this useless back and forth can we endure.

Just reminding, if you want this troll to go away, you have to stop feeding him.

He thrives on hatred. If you dispute with him, he will continue to fill one thread after the next with bile.

Please, just everyone put him on ignore. If this continues, he will succeed in destroying this blog as well. He is doing his very best at the moment. Isn't this obvious?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:
Nope, not what I said at all.

Far be it from my letting reality interupt your world.

Why would you need to memorize "it"? If you can speak intelligently on it, that means you understand it. If you understand it, you don't need to memorize it.

You must memorize a lot.
They knew of a defect in the reactor that could result in a loss of control, and a loss of coolant accident. The commissars didn't believe it; the physicists did. The commissars made them try to shut down the reactor after an electrical shutdown to prove the commissars were right and the physicists were wrong; unfortunately, they proved the opposite, when the plant blew up immediately, then caught on fire and spread radioactive core material over a wide area before it could be contained.

Not long afterward an identical reactor in Bulgaria was decommissioned. Luckily it did not cause nuclear pollution of the Middle East first. Mostly because they didn't let any more idiot politicians vote on how to run the nuclear plant.

Do you believe you have additional details that are of more than marginal interest, i.e. answers in Trivial Pursuit?
Last edited by Schneibster on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

GIThruster wrote:How many pages of this useless back and forth can we endure.

Just reminding, if you want this troll to go away, you have to stop feeding him.

He thrives on hatred. If you dispute with him, he will continue to fill one thread after the next with bile.

Please, just everyone put him on ignore. If this continues, he will succeed in destroying this blog as well. He is doing his very best at the moment. Isn't this obvious?
You guys already wrecked it; that's why there's barely anyone but GW deniers here.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yup, it is clear.

Let's see if he can survive the weekend before being banned.

I will ignore him. It was fun to toy with him though. I apologize for you all not being able to hear me laugh while I baited him.

I think the best part is how he makes threats and then acts like he never said anything. Classic.

Ok, nuff said. I will bit the Foe button know and make him disappear from my world.
Has to be some kind of record here, so many blocks in so few days.

I have never blocked anyone before this.