Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Schneibster

Re: Popular Science Comments Closed Forever

Post by Schneibster »

ladajo wrote:Yup, it is clear.

Let's see if he can survive the weekend before being banned.

I will ignore him. It was fun to toy with him though. I apologize for you all not being able to hear me laugh while I baited him.

I think the best part is how he makes threats and then acts like he never said anything. Classic.

Ok, nuff said. I will bit the Foe button know and make him disappear from my world.
Has to be some kind of record here, so many blocks in so few days.

I have never blocked anyone before this.
The longer a bully stands, the harder they fall in the end.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I have never used the blocking function before either. First time for everything.

And of course this is the proper thread to put an end to the madness in.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Yay! I get to make nasty sniping amusing comments and I don't have to listen to the idiots try to respond limply, lately, and lamely.
We need a directorate of science, and we need it to be voted on only by scientists. You don't get to vote on reality. Get over it. Elected officials that deny the findings of the Science Directorate are subject to immediate impeachment for incompetence.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Chernobyl had no primary containment structure that's why it was as "bad" as it was.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

paperburn1 wrote:Chernobyl had no primary containment structure that's why it was as "bad" as it was.
Hardly its only defect- but probably the one that resulted in the widespread disaster, agreed.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Holy Disappearing Dipshits Batman!

This Ignore function is awesome.

Sweeeet.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Lol!

Yes, it does work very well. You'll still see where people quote him but otherwise, sanity reigns again.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Schneibster wrote:
I'm going with "lying again." Maybe it's just me.

That's my assessment. It's just you. Anyone who doesn't worship Gaia and can make change is obviously a threat to your grip on your little bizzaro world.

Again, you can't tell the difference between reality and falsity.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

paperburn1 wrote:Chernobyl had no primary containment structure that's why it was as "bad" as it was.
Yes, that surely did not help in a big way.

However, the cooling system and emergency cooling structures also were inadequate in regard to a full on moderator cook-off.

Between the two, the flaming chunks of core winging through the air, and the core structure failure into the cooling system below guaranteed that not only there was airborne (large and small scale :) )but also ground and groundwater contamination.

Not widely known, but the most lethal area was under the core. Unfortunately for the emergency response team that volunteered to go down there to see what they could do. I used to remember the name of the first guy in the tunnels, but it escapes me right now.

It is a useful exercise to compare safety measures between TMI-2 and Cherynobl. The two most glaring differences obviously being primary and secondary containments. Some might argue moderator, and the negative reactivity coefficient impact of a PWR v Graphite Design, however, Graphite plants have their uses. And still.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Diogenes wrote:worship Gaia

Congratulations, I haven't gotten to use that one much. I figure there are people attempting to clean coffee off their keyboards across America.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Schneibster wrote:
Gee, sexism.

How disgusting.

"Wuss" is the gender-neutral term. I have a penis.

More likely, you borrow one from time to time.

Schneibster wrote: Sorry to disappoint you in case you were getting off on bullying what you thought was a woman.

I object! I regard the notion that acting like a little whiny bitch with obsessive delusions and emotional outbursts is specifically a characteristic of females is inherently SEXIST!

I know plenty of women who would kick your whinny little @$$.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Diogenes wrote:I know plenty of women who would kick your whinny little @$$.

I think I'd get in a lot of trouble if I were to bring pictures of what I think you're attracted to.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

ladajo wrote:
Maybe he should move to Canada. I am sure you all could use him up there. Very insightful and a teambuilder he is.
The rub is that after a short time, he would consider all Canadians Liars and Racists. Especially because they didn't vote for Obama.

I deduced that "stubby" was a Canadian, most likely in the French section, and most likely associated with a University. Your comment implies you've seen something to confirm it.

Choff I like. Stubby? Not so much. I wonder if it's that Québécois influence?
— Lord Melbourne —

Schneibster

Post by Schneibster »

Diogenes wrote:
ladajo wrote:
Maybe he should move to Canada. I am sure you all could use him up there. Very insightful and a teambuilder he is.
The rub is that after a short time, he would consider all Canadians Liars and Racists. Especially because they didn't vote for Obama.

I deduced that "stubby" was a Canadian, most likely in the French section, and most likely associated with a University. Your comment implies you've seen something to confirm it.

Choff I like. Stubby? Not so much. I wonder if it's that Québécois influence?
Oh, you're Canadian? That explains it. Just like Ted Cruz.

Impeach Canadian illegal immigrant Ted Cruz!

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

GIThruster wrote:How many pages of this useless back and forth can we endure.

Just reminding, if you want this troll to go away, you have to stop feeding him.

I actually enjoy poking him from time to time.

I figure this guy serves a beneficial purpose by demonstrating leftist nuttiness.

When I get tired of it, i'll probably try out that ignore setting you've been telling me about.
— Lord Melbourne —