Any thoughts on femtotechnology?

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

cybrbeast

Any thoughts on femtotechnology?

Post by cybrbeast »

I know there are a lot of smart people here who know about nuclear physics.
I recently read an article on femtotech speculation on Nextbigfuture.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2009/05/specul ... ssive.html

I wonder if anyone thinks this is at all plausible.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

AB Matter is likely a fantasy. However, I would consider "femtotechnology" one example of nuclear science just as biotechnology and nanotechnology are examples of chemistry. Chemistry of course is the science of chemical reactions and nuclear science is the science of nuclear reactions.

I think, for reasons of finance and politics, nuclear science has been largely neglected over the past few decades. We know less than what we think we do about nuclear reactions and their possibilities. Technologies such as fission power, fusion power, transmutation, and the hypothetical femtotechnology are examples of real or potential applications of nuclear science. I would say that even Heim Theory is a part of nuclear science in that nuclear science includes the study of fundamental forces of nature (or is an out-growth of such).

Since we know so little about nuclear science, there is no telling what potential applications could come out of nuclear science, except that I am beginning to agree with Jim Hogan that there will be applications we cannot imagine right now and that they will be profound. Hogan believes it will lead to the next industrial revolution and that it will be bigger than nanotech.

It is worth noting that the East Asian societies largely do not share our aversion to nuclear science and nuclear power. Perhaps they will be the leaders of the next industrial revolution.