Let them eat... Ham and Cheese!

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Scupperer

Let them eat... Ham and Cheese!

Post by Scupperer »

Ham: $2,531,600. More Ham: $1,191,200. Mozarella Cheese: $1,562,568.00. Process Cheese: $5,708,260.00. Fixing the Dumbwaiter to serve it: $351,807.

Watching your tax money be pissed away as your government crumbles into corruption: PRICELESS!!!

How much did EMC2 get for polywell? Maybe they should start billing for their lunches?
Perrin Ehlinger

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

I mean seriously who put's Mozzarella on a Ham and Cheese sandwich??

(and who isn't surprised by this?)

Professor Science

Post by Professor Science »

HAM, WATER ADDED, COOKED, FROZEN, SLICED, 2-LB
That had better mean it came in 2-LB increments, not a 2.5 million 2-LB pack.
The pursuit of knowledge is in the best of interest of all mankind.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Certainaly the government buying food under various speending programs is nessisary. They do have to feed the military personel, Vet. Hospital patients, often provide surplus (or otherwise) food to soup kitchens, etc., etc.
Without much more detail, the merits of these expendatures cannot be judged.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

The lack of detail is part of the point. We spent $18 million as taxpayers for Recovery.gov, and quite a few billion for the stimulus package; I think we deserve a better explanation for each and every line item.

Also, this is stimulus spending, not regular spending for "necessary" food programs. Why would the Emergency Food Assistance Program suddenly need so much more food, on top of what they are already budgeted?

Sure, my OP is tongue-in-cheek, and lacking detail, as it hasn't been released. Should it be my responsibility to look at every single item in the stimulus package and research them to make sure they're valid before I question its sanity? That's one hell of a bar to jump.
Perrin Ehlinger

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Scupperer wrote:The lack of detail is part of the point. We spent $18 million as taxpayers for Recovery.gov, and quite a few billion for the stimulus package; I think we deserve a better explanation for each and every line item.

Also, this is stimulus spending, not regular spending for "necessary" food programs. Why would the Emergency Food Assistance Program suddenly need so much more food, on top of what they are already budgeted?

Sure, my OP is tongue-in-cheek, and lacking detail, as it hasn't been released. Should it be my responsibility to look at every single item in the stimulus package and research them to make sure they're valid before I question its sanity? That's one hell of a bar to jump.
Don't worry. None of our congress critters is paying attention either.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.