unrelated, but fascinating

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

kunkmiester

unrelated, but fascinating

Post by kunkmiester »

http://gizmodo.com/5206539/mass-product ... ewcomments

I've been following this for a good while, I think it provides much more potential for many purposes. For simple industrial work, an easy master slave system could make a suit like the "loader" in Aliens. It's crude though, and the interface bandwidth is limited. The skin contact system is better, and doesn't require surgery for the fancy electrode chips.

Something I'd like to look at while/after getting my EE is how well you can multiply the signals for such sensors. They found with the brain implants in monkeys, the monkeys could isolate the electrodes and move the robot arm without moving their own. This means a computer properly hooked up could be interfaced without worry, and if a sensor can be used for more than one signal, you can do more than just move the suit--trigger the power for a spot welder, shift the lock on a missile, etc.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Another small step in the process of moving our consciousnesses from their current frail platforms to something more robust.

zbarlici

Post by zbarlici »

that`s great news! I can`t believe they`re doing that already.

But remember murphy`s law and imagine some of the injuries that could occur with a malfunctioning suit :)

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

TallDave wrote:Another small step in the process of moving our consciousnesses from their current frail platforms to something more robust.
Gasp! Trans-humanist. Burn him! :D

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Has anyone read enough about transhumanism and other related literature to know if anyone's studied more or less seriously the EMP/hacking vulnerability of such an electronic (silicon or graphene or other) substrate for humans body and minds? Seems like a considerable contingency.