The Dark Side Of Population Control

Discuss life, the universe, and everything with other members of this site. Get to know your fellow polywell enthusiasts.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Jccarlton

The Dark Side Of Population Control

Post by Jccarlton »

Cnn Report:
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/ ... l-warming/

A comment from a friend of mine who posted this on facebook said, "And the majority of the comments read like writings of Hitler, Mao and Pol Pot. "

I wish he was wrong, but reading those comments it's all "force this" and "make them do that." I have to ask myself, "do they really know what they are saying?"

CaptainBeowulf

Post by CaptainBeowulf »

No, of course they don't. There are people in every generation who either do - or would - repeat previous mistakes because they either don't know or don't understand history.

Actually, the above just addresses the majority... there are also maniacs in every generation, in every part of the world. That's why totalitarian regimes always find a ready supply of recruits for secret police, "special detachments", etc. A minority of the people saying these things DO know what they're saying...

Really, population control is easy. Raise people's standards of living. Pretty much every region that has seen its standards of living improve significantly during the late 19th to early 21st centuries has seen a steady decline in the birthrate (most of the West is now below replacement level and relies on immigration to keep growing; Japan will likely shrink). Things like polywell, which could facilitate cheap power for most of the planet, can only help with this.

People with a decent level of affluence and career ambitions tend to find lots of kids too much of an inconvenience. It's counter-intuitive, but people tend to reproduce less when conditions are very good...